So a few months ago when I got my BB I thought "why in the world do i need BB messanger?" well duh! to keep in touch with all my new bb friends. Problem is I deleted the version that was on my phone and never backed that version up. And now the version that is on blackberry.com is the older version that my phone doesnt support anymore. Any ideas on what to do next?
    08-28-08 08:10 AM
    if you just deleted it from your phone I think you can go to options>advanced>service book...it should still be in there, find it hit menu undelete. Otherwise app loader in DM may be able to put it back.
    08-28-08 08:33 AM
    First off, this is 100% recoverable. It depends what you did when you deleted it as to how we recover it

From the phone there are two things that you could have done:
    - Press Menu and selected Hide whilst on the icon. You can fix this by pressing Menu and selectiing Show All and then unchecking the Hide tick-mark. Bingo, your Messenger is back.

- Gone to Options, Advanced Options, Applications, selected the application, pressed Menu and selected Delete. If you did this we need to go further.

Going further is just a series of steps that we will walk you through. You will need accesss to a PC and it will take about an hour to download the stuff you need and to prepare and do the job.

Please can you tell me which Operating System version you are running? To do this, go to Options, About and read the third line down.
    08-28-08 08:50 AM
    Okay so Im re-downloading the OS on to my work computer...its on my comp at home but not at work. My OS is v4.2.2.170 and I already have the Desktop manager loaded on this computer. I also backed up all of my third party files this morning before I got on here.
    08-28-08 09:09 AM
    So wait, theres a new bb messenger?
    08-28-08 09:10 AM
    If you have OS 4.2 or higher it comes loaded on your BB. The problem is once you deleted it you have to jump through hoops to get it back on because the BB Messanger version on bb.com doesnt work for this OS.
    08-28-08 09:14 AM
    BB Messenger was an add on to the earlier version of the OS.

It is part of the base build in v4.2 and up.

Once the OP has his new OS downloaded, the option to select BB Messenger will be available in Applications Loader.

Deleting application is simple, getting them back again is a little more challenging.
    08-28-08 09:16 AM
    Once the OS (it HAS to be the same version 4.2.2.170) has downloaded and is installed on the work computer, run up Desktop Manager and connect your phone.

Once DM has recognised the phone (the PIN number will be displayed at the bottom of the DM panel) select the Apllication Loader and then Start in Add/Remove Applications. After a while you should see a list of modules and applications displayed, one of which will be the missing Messenger. Make sure that it is selected before proceeding.

CLick Next and hopefully Messenger will be re-installed to your phone's desktop after DM has done its stuff.

That's it really.

Good luck.
    08-28-08 09:26 AM
    If you have OS 4.2 or higher it comes loaded on your BB. The problem is once you deleted it you have to jump through hoops to get it back on because the BB Messanger version on bb.com doesnt work for this OS.
    Bet that. learn something new everyday. Your from Bmore though? High Five to that. I went to Morgan.
    08-28-08 09:29 AM
    Wohooo....guess whos getting an extra present for Christmas??!!

Thanks so much everyone!
    08-28-08 09:33 AM
    Bet that. learn something new everyday. Your from Bmore though? High Five to that. I went to Morgan.
    Nice yeah Im not originally from here but I moved here about 6 years ago to go to Johns Hopkins for grad school.
    08-28-08 09:34 AM
    Nice yeah Im not originally from here but I moved here about 6 years ago to go to Johns Hopkins for grad school.
    Lol you liked it enough to stay? Most people I know are all migrating south to best the job market, and find decent priced living. But you did go to J Hopkins, so im assuming your paid accordingly
    08-28-08 10:06 AM
    Wohooo....guess whos getting an extra present for Christmas??!!

Thanks so much everyone!
    Sorry. I got called out to a customer.

You sound like you happy. You happy? You got Messenger back?
    08-28-08 11:30 AM
    1. Yes I actually really like the gritiness of Baltimore. I come from cow tipping country in CT so this is big city living.
    2. No no no no luv...never assume I make good money cause I went to Hopkins...most of the money I make actually goes back to Hopkins cause of student loans lol.
    3. Yes I did get BBM back and it works like a gem.
    08-28-08 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD