Kind of a Bummer
    01-30-13 10:51 AM
    Exactly! If the Canadian & European Carriers can get it out in the next few days it's just shameful that the US Carriers cant do the same!
    I'm sure they can. Apparently they don't want it yet.
    01-30-13 10:53 AM
    Holding off until March is not a bad idea. RIM's, or should I say Blackberry's, fiscal year starts March 02. The financial benefits, if any, would accrue in the new fiscal year. Not a bad move.
    Except they will endure another terrible quarterly report and conference call with nothing but speculation to count on and promises to deliver.
    01-30-13 10:56 AM
    I'm NOT very happy right now . I say All 3 million CrackBerry members start calling their carriers on a everyday basis until released
    01-30-13 10:59 AM
    It does suck that it won't be here until then. It really makes no difference to me because my contract isn't up until fall and I won't pay full price. I'm sure there are thousands or millions like myself that aren't going to pay full price and will wait for that time.
    01-30-13 11:00 AM
    My thought on this. RIM wants to get back into the American market and the want the first impression of the device to be flawless so they will let the markets that already like Blackberry 10 such as the UK and Canada beta test it, there will probably be an small OS update prior to the launch of it in America getting out all the kinks.
    01-30-13 11:02 AM
    uuummmm.......guys........did anyone get a price???? off contract????? I got called to a meeting and missed the whole last half.
    01-30-13 11:05 AM
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. BULL CRAP. My Android phone sucks now i have to wait atleast another month?

FWIW: you can sign up at verizon to get Z10 updates via e-mail.

Praying to God and ven Alah and hte Spaghetti monster than the super bowl ad is the official USA release date announcment andthat this is all a cruel joke.
    01-30-13 11:14 AM
    Definitely not good news for customers which translates to not good news for RIM. What the heck is the reasoning here? Folks can try to blame the carriers, and there's likely some to lay at their feet, but RIM should have done what was needed to get a reasonable availability date for the US market. With all the time it took to get BB10 out the door one might guess they'd have worked on the logistics of getting the product to market as quickly as possible. Sorry for ranting, but I'm very disappointed.
    01-30-13 11:40 AM
    Yep, the US carriers are getting back at RIM for strong arming them over the OS7 phones.

"Beleaguered RIM reportedly strong-arming several carriers to stock half-baked BlackBerries"

"�We have been informed by a very reliable source at a major carrier that RIM has been putting an enormous amount of pressure on carriers to approve the upcoming BlackBerry smartphones like the BlackBerry Bold 9900 � phones that have to hold RIM over until its next-generation platform launch in 2012 � and that certain carriers will be approving the devices, �no matter what � with bugs and problems.� � It�s one of the reasons some carriers launch devices sooner than others.�

Beleaguered RIM reportedly strong-arming several carriers to stock half-baked BlackBerries – MacDailyNews - Welcome Home
    01-30-13 11:50 AM
    i guess the thread that ATT would be delayed was true after all, nobody could believeit at the time, so some people had an inkling no doubt...
    trsbbs likes this.
    01-30-13 11:54 AM
    You do know that the Super Bowl spans widely outside of the US as well, right?
    The commercials don't, unless you're watching stolen satellite feeds or something. Watching the Super Bowl in Canada has never been about the commercials because we get it something called 'simultaneous substitution' so we get low budget ads for Frank's Carwash instead of the high profile ones.

Simultaneous substitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    01-30-13 11:59 AM
    A super bowl ad a month before release doesn't seem to smart, potential customers will forget that ad by the time the phone comes out 4 to 6 weeks later.
    01-30-13 12:05 PM
    You do know that the Super Bowl spans widely outside of the US as well, right?
    SuperBowl is really for the US, oh well now they can pre-order a BB10 after the game..... not the end of the world but a bummer for sure...
    01-30-13 12:08 PM
    Bad move on RIM's part not being able to coordinate a simultaneous global launch. Maybe they will still be able to do a coordinated launch on all 4 US carriers similar to how Samsung did with the S3.

Although the US isn't the biggest market it's still probably the most important if RIM wants to be more than a budget player. For better or worse, the US market still drives the mainstream tech media's perception and thus the most influential on consumers.
    01-30-13 12:13 PM
    media bashing low market share.You guys had no hope of getting it before the countrys where BB is popular come on keep it real.The corporate US have their devices though.But no way RIm where gonna sell in teh US first better to get good numbers in places they will sell and are popular no brainer.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-30-13 at 12:25 PM.
    01-30-13 12:13 PM
    A super bowl ad a month before release doesn't seem to smart, potential customers will forget that ad by the time the phone comes out 4 to 6 weeks later.
    That is why they better have more ads that will be showing thru until they can be bought.
    01-30-13 12:16 PM
    If this is what makes you not want a blackberry then all the power to you
    Not sure that anyone actually said this... I think the gist is that they actually DO want it... Good input though.
    01-30-13 12:19 PM
    uuummmm.......guys........did anyone get a price???? off contract????? I got called to a meeting and missed the whole last half.
    $599 US

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/30/b...s-4-lumia-920/
    01-30-13 12:20 PM
    SuperBowl is really for the US, oh well now they can pre-order a BB10 after the game..... not the end of the world but a bummer for sure...
    Yet somehow the Superbowl is the most watched program in the world so don't know if it just for the USA
    01-30-13 01:56 PM
    Come to canada!!!!!!!! Get it here. Exchange rate is great!!
    There are a LOT of great things about Canada.
    This is yet another one.
    01-30-13 01:58 PM
    And you know this how?
    Thorstein specifically stated during the presentation that the US carriers were requiring more testing.
    01-30-13 02:05 PM
    Clearly you missed the fact that it is launching on other carriers first. Thereby, it is tha carriers fault and not RIM's.

And you know this how?

Apple can get it done.
    Samsung can get it done.
    Windows sort of gets it done.

RIMS loss..

Tim
    01-30-13 02:16 PM
    Thorstein specifically stated during the presentation that the US carriers were requiring more testing.
    OK so you make sure they get the devices early and assign a few tech guys or a whole team to walk them thru the testing they need to do so it doesn't take them 45 days longer than everybody else. Excuses fall short here. They spend boatloads of money on a Super Bowl ad and launch in NYC for a product you can"t yet buy yet, but they let this happen. I don't get it.
    01-30-13 02:22 PM
    I look at it this way, If there is any updates maybe (and I say maybe) the US carriers will have BB10's with the latest software.
    March isn't that far away, It's almost February now.
    01-30-13 02:24 PM
102 12345