Yep. This makes the Superbowl ad a bit pointless IMO.
    Big waste of cash RIM does not have.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Tim
    01-30-13 10:27 AM
    It's not blackberry fault it's the carriers
    And you know this how?

Apple can get it done.
    Samsung can get it done.
    Windows sort of gets it done.

RIMS loss..

Tim
    01-30-13 10:28 AM
    I'll deal with the wait.
    What he said....

SM
    01-30-13 10:28 AM
    I have matches, torches, and pitchforks...who's ready to head of to AT&T headquarters and get our damn phones?!
    01-30-13 10:29 AM
    i'm sad, i wanted it now! Also, the presentation wasn't all that great. Skimping through some of the reviews of the Z10 and they are not enamored with it!
    01-30-13 10:30 AM
    Yep. This makes the Superbowl ad a bit pointless IMO.
    Could not agree more...what is the point in targeting the US more when the US carriers obviously don't care....
    01-30-13 10:30 AM
    The Verizon "Coming Soon" Z10 webpage is live: The New BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless
    UGH. No pricing. Well, I'm kinda glad the release for the US isn't until March. I've made many impulse purchases and regretted it. This will allow for me to take in actual user reviews and weigh my options more. Between WP8 and BB10 there is sooo much goodness.
    01-30-13 10:31 AM
    I thought it has always been said that the US launch would be after UK and Canada. Anyone?
    bigbmc26 and .pinkberry like this.
    01-30-13 10:32 AM
    That sucks for Americans, but I think it also comes with the territory. Usually when new phones are released, we in Canada don't see them for 2 - 3 months after release. What could hurt RIM though is losing out on some potential buyers if the S4 is released in April as some rumours suggest.
    Yes. Many BlackBerry buyers who were on the fence are now going to drift towards models that are either available or coming out in a more timely manner. I seem to remember the original Galaxy benefiting greatly from this exact 'strategy'.
    Could not agree more...what is the point in targeting the US more when the US carriers obviously don't care....
    You do know that the Super Bowl spans widely outside of the US as well, right?

Or its the carriers saying "prove it's a winner and then we can decide the level of support to put behind it as launch".
    mikeo007 likes this.
    Or its the carriers saying "prove it's a winner and then we can decide the level of support to put behind it as launch".
    Yep. I honestly can't remember the last time I've even seen a BlackBerry here in the US.
    01-30-13 10:34 AM
    I thought it has always been said that the US launch would be after UK and Canada. Anyone?
    True.. However a month or more later is Not good!!!
    01-30-13 10:36 AM
    I guess BlackBerry wanted to keep the millions of customers it has abroad, and then see how many it can grab here in USA.
    01-30-13 10:38 AM
    It is odd everyone reported 2 weeks ago that US carriers confirmed they would have the phones at launch
    howarmat likes this.
    01-30-13 10:41 AM
    I think the #1 thing was to have a phone available the week after release. RIMM's stock is currently reflecting this blunder. I don't know if this is going to be good or bad in the long term, but right now it's certainly seeming like a total f**k up.
    christenmartin likes this.
    01-30-13 10:42 AM
    I'm upset I don't get it until the 5th of February...
    01-30-13 10:43 AM
    Well, Its just a month or two but it shows once again how useless American carriers can be.
    Exactly! If the Canadian & European Carriers can get it out in the next few days it's just shameful that the US Carriers cant do the same!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 10:45 AM
    they are saying LATE march on adams blog
    01-30-13 10:47 AM

True, BUT 30-45 days is a long wait.
    01-30-13 10:48 AM
    Thor was in N.Y. for the presentation for the "global" launch only to tell the U.S. they have to wait another month while the UK gets it when he gets back on the plane to Canada.
    01-30-13 10:49 AM
    Sounds like my 15 year old blaming his teachers for his grades....
    01-30-13 10:50 AM
    Whoa wait............ the US has to wait for something new to come out??!?! Now you know what it feels like to be Canadian. Suck it up people. If this is what makes you not want a blackberry then all the power to you. I highly doubt this was RIM's choice. Instead of all the complaining please feel free to move right along and leave crackberry to those with a glass half full who are excited.
    syn-ack and bonghitter like this.
    01-30-13 10:50 AM
    Holding off until March is not a bad idea. RIM's, or should I say Blackberry's, fiscal year starts March 02. The financial benefits, if any, would accrue in the new fiscal year. Not a bad move.
    01-30-13 10:51 AM
    That won't help RIM one bit since MWC would have passed and all the spec whores will have moved on to waiting for all the next gen of smartphones by then. Unless BB has something to announce at MWC.
    01-30-13 10:51 AM
102 1234 ...