As for Apple, you'd be wrong there. Tim Cook stated during their October earnings call that they would sell more iphones and iPads during the holiday quarter than in any quarter previously, so the number was not a surprise.
    The sheer volume was beyond what anyone expected. Both with the phone and tablet.
    03-06-12 10:23 AM
    The sheer volume was beyond what anyone expected. Both with the phone and tablet.
    That would be true only if "anyone" doesn't include the people working for the company that's shipping the product. The iPhone number was beyond most analyst projections, but you can't sell nearly 38 million iPhones in a quarter without first building them.
    03-06-12 11:43 AM
    Another reason for the differences in AppWorld numbers could be unavailability of apps for OS7 devices. Case in point: themes. AppWorld downloads of both free and paid apps also includes themes. Until very recently there were not even any themes available for OS7 devices, but the users of OS6 and older devices have had themes for a long time.
    03-06-12 11:53 AM
    Well I got my Bold 9900 in August and I love it today like I did when I got it. I still believe that RIM could sell a lot more of these phones if they had better marketing and commercials, but that had been said countless times on here. It's a shame that the Torch 9860/50 wasn't sold on some carriers or has already reached the End Of Life Cycle on others. I remember playing with it in a Sprint store and thinking it was a really nice device.

I think the 9900 was priced outrageously on T-Mobile, that $299.99 was just a bad move. The Torch 9810 wasn't really advertised well either, but the $49.99 on a 2year contract from at&t was a great idea. I know two people that got it because it was priced so low, and they love it. I don't know what RIM was thinking, really...when you're hurting for customers, maybe you shouldn't price gouging might not be the best idea, especially when the general perception is that "OS7 is the same as OS6."
    03-06-12 07:19 PM
    I tried the 9860 in a carrier store. It is a really nice phone
    03-06-12 08:57 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD