I go into my Local Retail Store to have my usb/charger replaced. I someone makes a comment in the store "that's a BlackBerry for ya... should have got a iPhone" I replay with " Love my Z10..love BlackBerry..i would have anything else." the Sales associaate chirps in " you will when you have no choice " i informe the associate the "BlackBerry " us not going anywhere.... she tells me that BlackBerry is going under and they are not a secure server and "BlackBerry is junk " .... I explained to the associate that it depends on what you use your device for... if you want at you... care about apps... iPhone /Android us probably for you. If you want and mean business BlackBerry is the better choice I feel.

She told me I was wrong and I will have no choice soon.

I promptly retrived my charger...I had to leave...I was going to loose it.....

I know why sales of BlackBerry devise are in the decline at our local Telus store...

I just had to rant... I was so angry...I wish BlackBerry had its own carrier..

Leave me alone with my BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    geraham likes this.
    12-18-13 08:27 PM
    Yup I've heard the same out here in Vancouver, total BS these stores are aloud to act like this towards us the customers that use BlackBerry, BlackBerry needs to follow up with these aligasions ,and do a lot more in store drop ins. Just makes me sick how brain washed people are towards BlackBerry. Pathetic

BlackBerry 4 life.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-18-13 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Optional terms.
    12-18-13 08:34 PM
    I feel your pain and frustration.

Zed10
    12-18-13 08:41 PM
    What store was it?

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    12-18-13 08:44 PM
    Most recommendations you can hear are sponsored in some way. Unless it is coming from a close friend or relative that is not working for BlackBerry or Samsung.

So, the OP should be proud that the marketing money a company invested in downplaying BlackBerry didn't work in this case. The Telus employee got his compensation (s/he earned it) but for the company that pushes it's products it was waste of money.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 08:51 PM
    Z10 doesn't have the best battery life, BUT generally speaking BlackBerrys have way better battery lives then iPhones. "That's BlackBerry for you, should have got an iPhone" statement is crap :mad

I HATE carrier stores that do that, there's so many of them too. I know a number of people who have gone to their Canadian carriers to upgrade their BBOS phone to a BB10 one, got talked out of it, got an Android or iPhone and have since come to regret it.

During the summer, a friend who was a former BlackBerry user, but who had been talked into Android when he renewed his contract asked me to come with him to the store to buy a Z10. In less then a year his Samsung had picked up all sorts of problems and so he wanted to replace it. The rep at Virgin Mobile refused to sell us a BlackBerry, he said that BlackBerry was bankrupt and closed down so they were not selling their phones any more. They had some in stock but those were supposedly being returned. I looked in the display and said you have them on display, the guy said, yea we haven't taken them out of there yet, but we will soon. I pulled out my phone & said your website says you sell Z10. Once again he claimed that info was out of date. During this entire time he tried everything he could to get us to buy a new Android. We ended up leaving without having got a phone. I felt bad because I went there to help my friend stand up to the sales reps, but there was nothing I could do because they refused to sell us one.

Posted via CB10
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    12-18-13 09:08 PM
    To the iPhone comment I might have said no I would have to go get that adapter at toys r us. And the lady behind the counter, definitely something would have been said about their pathetic plans, the prices are extremely crazy for the crap they provide. And sad thing is I am with telus!

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    12-18-13 09:16 PM
    Well, folks, let's try and keep this on-topic, no need to get into the he-said/she-said about their phone and whose is longer.
    12-18-13 09:57 PM
    Well, folks, let's try and keep this on-topic, no need to get into the he-said/she-said about their phone and whose is longer.
    whose what?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 09:58 PM
    I win

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    12-18-13 10:00 PM
    whose what?

Posted via CB10
    Mmmm, battery life should cover it.
    BadGoliath42 likes this.
    12-18-13 10:05 PM
    whose what?

Posted via CB10
    The referenced posts have been deleted.
    Basically someone jumped in & tried to use this thread to promote iPhones, this (as expected) upset the BlackBerry fans & things got a bit snippy. It's all good now.

I was going to say ganders got raised, but not sure if that's the correct use of the word "Gander"
    Shall we take a gander at the word gander?

ANYWAY.............GRRRR TELUS!
    12-18-13 10:06 PM
    whose what?

Posted via CB10
    Oh you were making a PEN!S joke, sorry I missed that, thought you were wonder what BergerKing was talking about as he/she had also deleted the offending posts.

BTW
    It's not how big your phone is, but how you use it
    12-18-13 10:08 PM
    I go into my Local Retail Store to have my usb/charger replaced. I someone makes a comment in the store "that's a BlackBerry for ya... should have got a iPhone" I replay with " Love my Z10..love BlackBerry..i would have anything else." the Sales associaate chirps in " you will when you have no choice " i informe the associate the "BlackBerry " us not going anywhere.... she tells me that BlackBerry is going under and they are not a secure server and "BlackBerry is junk " .... I explained to the associate that it depends on what you use your device for... if you want at you... care about apps... iPhone /Android us probably for you. If you want and mean business BlackBerry is the better choice I feel.

I know why sales of BlackBerry devise are in the decline at our local Telus store...

Have you thought of filing a complaint with the store manager? Relating the incident on CB is fine but does nothing to stop the ignorant rep for doing the same thing with the next BBRY customer.
    12-18-13 10:10 PM
    Have you thought of filing a complaint with the store manager? Relating the incident on CB is fine but does nothing to stop the ignorant rep for doing the same thing with the next BBRY customer.
    I'm curious to know if this is a corporate or independent store.
    12-18-13 10:24 PM
    Maybe I'm lucky, but all of my dealings with Telus have been overwhelmingly positive, even when I purchased my Z10. I suspect that personal views and incentives will always get in the way of providing the customer with what he/she really wants and full and factual information to allow the choice to be made.

It's an unfortunate but true fact that sometimes we as consumers have to take our business elsewhere, especially when we have done the research ahead of time and simply want to purchase an item.
    12-18-13 10:50 PM
    You should name names so people are informed where they can take their business in the future, and quite separately, you should speak to the manager of the store and demand an apology for the horrible customer service.

Unfortunately, as it is, your post will have little effect apart from helping you vent.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 10:50 PM
    As sad as it is blackberry have done it to it self. Maybe time for BlackBerry stores or kiosks?.......just a thought

Posted via CB10
    thisiscjay likes this.
    12-18-13 10:51 PM
    I personally think BB should start a portal where users can report stores with employees who flame BB
    It's illegal practice to do so. BB could then investigate these stores, and get compensation for the ill-informed or simply biased sales people
    12-18-13 11:50 PM
    First off, we all need to understand that no.matyer what your choice or goals or beliefs are there is always 2-10 ppl to tell you you're wrong you can't, you're not good enough, et cetera!

Time to have inner strength!

Mainly don't even argue, the point is the OP needed to replace his charger, and should have continued used to do so, make that store rep work for their hourly pay - sure as hell I work my freaking are off every day as a desk side analyst/tech and as a contractor I'm always worked to the bone. Do I let that anger me? Rarely but I can assure you 95% of everyone I have worked for and with know my work ethics and are 100% of those 95% I've engaged are VERY appreciative over the last 10 yrs!

What I'm trying to say is don't let anyone sway you from your chosen choices, and if you have to but heads do it without getting upset, without being rude or showing then they got the best of you!

An old commercial had a tag line that can be applied here 'never let them see you sweat!'

Next time...
    State they have a right to their opinions,
    Ask the rep,
    How king have you believed they're going out of business?
    Ask them where they've heard that?
    Ask the rep if they read technology news from reputable sources like Bloomberg and Reuters,
    Ask if they've seen BlackBerry's recent press releases on their website?
    Lastly ask the rep how old they are and where they around and old enough to have seen Apple on the cusp of their demise shortly before Steve Jobs returned and ask them exactly how long it took Apple to have more than 3 billion in cash? Challenge them on this I'll bet, hell know research it yourself get the facts and have it ready to be shown and ask the rep if their willing to out $100 on the answer.
    If they accept and honor the bet, then compare it to BlackBerry's current situation and see if time is still in BlackBerry's favor?

Then finally ask them if their qualified in business management accounting (CMA) to make an informed decision based in their opinions about BlackBerry and state it to customers as if it was fact??

Or maybe it's better to ask them if they still get a sizable, comparable commission for selling BB10 devices and accessories, and what would happen to their earnings if the store had to return such a large stock of BB10 devices and accessories due to not being sold, would it affect commissions being lowered on other products? I seem to vaguely recall future shop reducing commissions monthly when a major product sales where doing so poorly store by store or per region and commissions would drop on other products in the same department - unless my memory is incorrect???

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:26 AM
    Z10 doesn't have the best battery life, BUT generally speaking BlackBerrys have way better battery lives then iPhones. "That's BlackBerry for you, should have got an iPhone" statement is crap :mad

I HATE carrier stores that do that, there's so many of them too. I know a number of people who have gone to their Canadian carriers to upgrade their BBOS phone to a BB10 one, got talked out of it, got an Android or iPhone and have since come to regret it.

During the summer, a friend who was a former BlackBerry user, but who had been talked into Android when he renewed his contract asked me to come with him to the store to buy a Z10. In less then a year his Samsung had picked up all sorts of problems and so he wanted to replace it. The rep at Virgin Mobile refused to sell us a BlackBerry, he said that BlackBerry was bankrupt and closed down so they were not selling their phones any more. They had some in stock but those were supposedly being returned. I looked in the display and said you have them on display, the guy said, yea we haven't taken them out of there yet, but we will soon. I pulled out my phone & said your website says you sell Z10. Once again he claimed that info was out of date. During this entire time he tried everything he could to get us to buy a new Android. We ended up leaving without having got a phone. I felt bad because I went there to help my friend stand up to the sales reps, but there was nothing I could do because they refused to sell us one.

Posted via CB10
    I guess you haven't used a 5s then because it gets far better battery life than my Z10
    12-19-13 02:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    You should have been wearing a suit and grabbed the sales clerk by their neck and spoken in low tone, "We didn't come here for your opinion. Get me the BlackBerry Z10." Gently slap the cheek of the sales clerk.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 03:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    OP dig this, I WORK FOR TELUS and made a surprise device upgrade call to a corporate store. I don't mince words, literally told them I am tech support and they are ignorant and that I don't judge handset capabilities on company/brand/image merit. Bought a Z30 and they were confused... don't worry the wheels are slowly moving...
    stlabrat likes this.
    12-19-13 03:16 AM
    You should have been wearing a suit and grabbed the sales clerk by their neck and spoken in low tone, "We didn't come here for your opinion. Get me the BlackBerry Z10." Gently slap the cheek of the sales clerk.

Posted via CB10
    You sir, are genius
    12-19-13 03:17 AM
    I guess you haven't used a 5s then because it gets far better battery life than my Z10
    Didn't I start off by saying "The Z10 doesn't generally get the best battery life"?

Like I said, OVERALL BlackBerry's tend to get better battery life then iPhones.

If you want to compare device to device, let's compare the latest iPhone (iPhone 5s) with the latest BlackBerry (Z30) and see who gets better battery life.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 03:30 AM
39 12