Could be worse, you could be stuck with Sprint, like me.
    Sprint Says it Will Carry the BlackBerry Q10 Later This Year | TechnoBuffalo
    Later in the year for a Q10 and no mention of the Z10? WTF
    Sprints headquarters are in my neck of the woods. A majority of people refuse to use them because the phone service is so unreliable. You would think since they are stationed here the service would be top notch. Hec no. Its a running joke in this town.
    01-30-13 12:15 PM
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

It's about time the rest of the world got something before the American's who think they have a right to have everything first

Yes, I think it is crazy to keep America waiting for 2 months, but I'm stoked that for once the UK is leading the way with Blackberry. There's a lot of loyal Blackberry users here and they've had to put up with having to wait for things on many many occasions.

Don't worry, we'll make sure to let you know just how great the Z10 is tomorrow - lol!
    01-30-13 12:16 PM
    The USA is not the center of the world.
    We might not be the 'center of the world' but considering we have 5% of the worlds population and 25% of it's economic wealth, we're as close as you're gonna get. We're the most important HIGH END smartphone market in the world. China might surpass us in smartphone sales soon but the bulk of them are $100 Chinese rip off's running old versions of Android. $700 smartphones need the US to be successful.
    zeteo likes this.
    01-30-13 12:17 PM
    just stop with bashing of americans
    we are on the side of blackberry and want the phones to support them
    even if it is the carriers fault (which i dont believe) why blame and agitate the fans

oh and by the way since obvious things need to be pointed out
    NYC american
    alicia keys american
    super bowl american

Obviously Blackberry thinks its an important market which makes this strategy, yes stategy, perplexing
    Yes. Makes me wonder what else they have up their sleeve until US drop.
    01-30-13 12:17 PM
    Yeah we know. Toronto is, don't you know anything?
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    01-30-13 12:21 PM
    I truly am going back to bed now to dream about my white, future Z10. I cant shake this mild flu. I ache all over and my skin hurts. Yuk!!! Thanks for the launch today, RIM. American BB addicts are still waiting. *sigh
    01-30-13 12:28 PM
    Very disappointed in this. Was wanting this phone, now I've got two months to talk myself out it and stay with my Icrap. Was really wanting to get back to bb. Oh well, guess it just wasn't meant to be.
    01-30-13 12:32 PM
    I'm not happy with it either, and I live in the UK where it is available tomorrow. This is bad for BlackBerry as a whole as the US is an important market.

It is pretty obvious that this is the fault of the US carriers. Everyone knows that the US carriers are pretty much the worst carriers out of the developed countries and that the UK ones are pretty much the best and this just proves it. I suppose the choice would have been to delay the global launch until March and launch everywhere simultaneously but I don't know if they would have survived announcing another delay.
    01-30-13 01:28 PM
    It may be the carriers fault but the blame falls also on Blackberry. They have personnel working with the carriers and they should have been wise enough to know that it was super important that they have the carriers on board prior to this date. They needed to work something out so that it HAPPENED! Spending 3.8 million on a ad and then at the same time saying not available is a killer. The US might not be the center of the world but the US stock market drives many parts of the world. The stock market is already speaking loud and clear about this delay. We may see $6 prices again before any american ever has a phone in their hands. Blame it on carrier or Blackberry the results is not good for the future of BLACKBERRY
    01-30-13 01:39 PM
    Yes it is
    01-30-13 01:41 PM
    The commercial seems a total waste now tbqh.
    That's what I think. I see little reason for a Superbowl ad if the device can't be bought for almost 2 months. Waste of cash.
    01-30-13 01:45 PM
    I will happily get my but on a flight to the UK if I can buy the Z10 with no bloat ware without question, fear, or doubt. Why not sell the Z10 unlocked from their website (BB). I don't blame them not wanting to be bullied by US carriers. But give us an option. And something just doesn't add from all this also.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 01:48 PM
    It's the center of the smartphone world. If the US weren't crucial to Blackberry's success, Heins, et al. would not be thigh deep in kaka. They're doing quite well in Nigeria, the UAE, SE Asia -- you know, places that are 2 to 3 generations behind in consumption than where the majority of US smartphone users are. United States consumers are the second largest purchasers of smart phones in the world behind China (source). And since BB doesn't even have a fleeting chance of interrupting the Apple crack they're smoking over there, the boys in Waterloo might as well figure that the US is the alpha and omega of their world because they're certainly not going to be successful if they fall on their faces here.

'Murika.
    01-30-13 01:51 PM
    I truly am going back to bed now to dream about my white, future Z10. I cant shake this mild flu. I ache all over and my skin hurts. Yuk!!! Thanks for the launch today, RIM. American BB addicts are still waiting. *sigh
    Well, I hope you are a Verizon customer because the White is an exclusive for them.
    01-30-13 01:53 PM
    It may be the carriers fault but the blame falls also on Blackberry. They have personnel working with the carriers and they should have been wise enough to know that it was super important that they have the carriers on board prior to this date. They needed to work something out so that it HAPPENED! Spending 3.8 million on a ad and then at the same time saying not available is a killer. The US might not be the center of the world but the US stock market drives many parts of the world. The stock market is already speaking loud and clear about this delay. We may see $6 prices again before any american ever has a phone in their hands. Blame it on carrier or Blackberry the results is not good for the future of BLACKBERRY
    Most people don't care who's to blame, they just want the phone. This launch is almost a cookie cutter to the WP8 launch. Delayed availability, missing apps, ect..
    01-30-13 01:55 PM
    I know that March is still party of the same quarter as the lauch party but this interview and report for the Verizon brass is what Rim now Blackberry should have jumped on and leaked that is would be late in the quarter not at launch like it sounded...

Verizon CMO confirms they will have BlackBerry 10 at launch | CrackBerry.com
    01-30-13 01:59 PM
    I get it. BB is beloved all over the world. For some reason, the haters are ALL over the US. If i were BB, I'd get the devices to the ones that appreciate it the most, which from what i've read is everywhere but the US. My husband is a big time BB troll. The live broadcast showed some tech problems with the sound and he couldn't help but say, "This is exactly why RIM is dying, they can't get it together." Such a fanboy. I had to watch the launch in a different room to avoid all the troll comments from him. Hater!
    01-30-13 02:02 PM
    no, but it is a significant market for BlackBerry to be penetrating again. End of Feb. maybe, but March is too long. i realize carriers are to blame, but still...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    The SuperBowl advertisement(s) will be pointless considering the viewers (US) must wait until late March to buy an actual BlackBerry 10 smartphone. This is an example of Frank Boulben's marketing genius? Sometimes it is more merciful to put an injured animal out of its misery.
    01-30-13 02:04 PM
    On a side note I did see one on ebay just recently...sealed in the package and said "to work on ATT" current bid was $830...I am hoping that an off contract phone will become available from some GSM company that I can purchase and stick on AT&T. This is such a huge let down, and as stated in several previous post...what a waste of money running a Super Bowl add now...People will call their carriers (as I have done mine today) and they will say "It will be available later". What BS....I don't know if it is BlackBerry at fault here of the US carriers...but either way this is a huge blow for them...just look at the US Stock Market....dropped big as soon as they said "In the US in March".
    01-30-13 02:07 PM
    Yes, I am fully aware USA is not the center of the world. Thank You, Captain Obvious.
    Its not even about that. Its the fact RIM has lost a majority of the US market. With the Super Bowl ad airing this Sunday and a drop date in March on all major US carriers??? I hope they have a marketing strategy in place to bridge the time gap and keep the hype level at a peak. I do not want RIM to fail again in the States. They are too good for that.
    No product can be hyped for two months; the consumer marketplace has a short memory.
    01-30-13 02:09 PM
    REALLY amazed that there are people that cannot understand why Americans are mad.
    Delay after delay after delay after delay.
    Then FINALLY an announcement. When Google announces a new phone it is available in 3 days. When Apple announces a new phones it is available for pre-orders sometimes that very day.
    I had 9 BB users at my office. (I am the IT Guy). One by one by one by one they all bailed to Apple or Android. I have one guy left. One of the owners of the company. Having track ball issues. Bugging me every day... "when's a new BB coming"... finally a few months ago I tell him JAN 30 is the big day!!! He walks by my office, looks in, holds up his half functioning BB... Jan 30, right?
    Should be, I reply.
    So I jump online today. Let's see the goodies!!!
    Nice looking phones!! Cool!!
    Boss wants the Q10. For sure. No doubt. "Order me that the minute you can, gotta' have a keyboard...."
    I haven't seen him yet today. Thank god. I do NOT have the heart to tell that drop dead loyal BB user that he has to wait, until SOME TIME in April.

Sorry, but Blackberry should have had this ready to roll everywhere within a week. Period. It's not a US versus the world thing. It's simply about DOING IT RIGHT.
    01-30-13 02:20 PM
    Buy one from Rogers and unlock it for AT&T as it is a GSM phone.
    01-30-13 02:21 PM
    The SuperBowl advertisement(s) will be pointless considering the viewers (US) must wait until late March to buy an actual BlackBerry 10 smartphone. This is an example of Frank Boulben's marketing genius? Sometimes it is more merciful to put an injured animal out of its misery.
    No product can be hyped for two months; the consumer marketplace has a short memory.
    Correct, there is something very fishy or very ignorant going on here...
    01-30-13 02:29 PM
    If you are referring to me, I cannot go to ATT. We are strictly Verizon.
    01-30-13 02:48 PM
    no, but it is a significant market for BlackBerry to be penetrating again. End of Feb. maybe, but March is too long. i realize carriers are to blame, but still...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    So all four US carriers were offered to sell the phone as early as today, and all four came to the same decision to wait till March?!?! That is the most ubsurd thinking ever. Obviously RIM is not providing product until March, which is why all four are doing a March release. The Carriers would have to all be in collusion to delay till March for this to be the carrier's fault!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    independentvolume likes this.
    01-30-13 02:51 PM
80 1234