America isn't a major Blackberry market. They want to put the phones out in places where they can guarantee sales so they make money. Your time will come America, you will also probably get your around the time an update is out so some of the kinks will be worked out.
    01-30-13 02:58 PM
    So all four US carriers were offered to sell the phone as early as today, and all four came to the same decision to wait till March?!?! That is the most ubsurd thinking ever. Obviously RIM is not providing product until March, which is why all four are doing a March release. The Carriers would have to all be in collusion to delay till March for this to be the carrier's fault!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    Glad someone finally said it. Get ready to be thrown under the bus. lol It's two months guys and gals, and it's just a phone.
    01-30-13 03:01 PM
    Having sold to cellular operators I think that Blackberry had their work cut out for them at the operators. Completely new SW, and hardware, that approval process would have been daunting, and requiring major engineering support for each operator (remember each SW version has a little bit of personalization, at least banners / sim locks, etc.). Combined with some of the historical launch quality issues (latest being 99XX battery life issue), I suspect the carriers in the USA are being very careful. I do not understand the same launch date idea though, that had to come from Blackberry. I wonder when they finally got their final engineering samples for approvals, if they just got them in December, then March is pretty good work to get everything approved.
    01-30-13 03:05 PM
    What happens if Samsung or Apple drop new phones at the end of Feb? Phones that you can actually go out and buy? Will that make all of what happened today be for naught?
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    01-30-13 03:10 PM
    Love how everyone keeps saying MARCH. Is no one interested in the Q10? It will be APRIL for my boss... if he can hold out...
    01-30-13 03:16 PM
    "It's about time the rest of the world got something before the American's who think they have a right to have everything first"

We picked up that right back in the '40's when we saved the world. Of course it all started back in 1700's, but the competition back then was really weak
    jinxednuance likes this.
    01-30-13 03:18 PM
    Yes, I am fully aware USA is not the center of the world. Thank You, Captain Obvious.
    Its not even about that. Its the fact RIM has lost a majority of the US market. With the Super Bowl ad airing this Sunday and a drop date in March on all major US carriers??? I hope they have a marketing strategy in place to bridge the time gap and keep the hype level at a peak. I do not want RIM to fail again in the States. They are too good for that.
    Initially, I was with the second comment, being the USA not the centre of the universe, but I had completely forgotten about the SB! That is so true. What is the point of paying millions of dollars for an ad that is catered to a country that won't have BB 10. That's not right.
    01-30-13 03:19 PM
    So all four US carriers were offered to sell the phone as early as today, and all four came to the same decision to wait till March?!?! That is the most ubsurd thinking ever. Obviously RIM is not providing product until March, which is why all four are doing a March release. The Carriers would have to all be in collusion to delay till March for this to be the carrier's fault!
    I'm sorry, what business school did you get your degree from?

That has to be the most ignorant post I have ever read. Why would BlackBerry purposely delay one of their most significant markets? They wouldn't....this is the carriers dragging their feet with testing and finalizing. So, no, they're not all in "collusion," they're all slow and hit the red tape. If you think the FCC will let anyone bring out anything, you are sadly mistaken. Clearly this decision wasn't whether they wanted to do it today or not at this point, but they CAN'T do it today or this week.
    01-30-13 03:21 PM
    And the odd thing is that the event was not even held in Canada, but New York City.
    01-30-13 03:21 PM
    America isn't a major Blackberry market. They want to put the phones out in places where they can guarantee sales so they make money. Your time will come America, you will also probably get your around the time an update is out so some of the kinks will be worked out.
    RIM didn't need to decide which markets to choose and which to ignore for the time being to that extent, they were and are perfectly capable of releasing US phones, which remains a vital market to penetrate and gain market share.
    01-30-13 03:23 PM
    What happens if Samsung or Apple drop new phones at the end of Feb? Phones that you can actually go out and buy? Will that make all of what happened today be for naught?
    Rumor is that Samsung won't unveil the GS4 until late March. HTC, however, has an event on February 19th. Mobile World Congress follows shortly after. I'm sure there will be new phones announced, but possibly none released until April at the earliest.

I'm not thrilled about having to wait for my Z10, but maybe there is an actual strategy behind this "delay."
    01-30-13 03:26 PM
    Well, America is not anymore. Not in years.
    01-30-13 04:43 PM
    Yes it is
    No, Texas is.
    raino likes this.
    01-30-13 04:50 PM
    It's probably a good thing to make the US market wait for the bugs to be worked out. We are so vocal about our dislike of a product that it would be better to have the phone come out after the initial bugs have been worked out. I'm really disappointed in the camera; I hope there are some software fixes possible. I'd also be really disappointed if the battery life is lousy; that was one of my main frustrations of my Galaxy 2 and why I went back to my 9700. I love the peek/flow/hub, though; how much easier can it get to go back and forth through apps and inboxes! And I'm loving the white Z10, and the Q10 is much better looking in real life than previous renders showed. I'll be buying one, just because it is the best OS for the actual experience out there right now, despite the disappointments! I hope I can get it in white with T-Mobile...
    01-30-13 04:52 PM
    Well, I hope you are a Verizon customer because the White is an exclusive for them.
    Crap! Im on TMobile.
    01-30-13 04:52 PM
    America isn't a major Blackberry market. They want to put the phones out in places where they can guarantee sales so they make money.
    then why not hold the launch event in London?
    01-30-13 04:53 PM
    Why not hold it in Toronto?
    01-30-13 10:04 PM
    I'm sorry, what business school did you get your degree from?

That has to be the most ignorant post I have ever read. Why would BlackBerry purposely delay one of their most significant markets? They wouldn't....this is the carriers dragging their feet with testing and finalizing. So, no, they're not all in "collusion," they're all slow and hit the red tape. If you think the FCC will let anyone bring out anything, you are sadly mistaken. Clearly this decision wasn't whether they wanted to do it today or not at this point, but they CAN'T do it today or this week.
    Sorry I'm an engineer and have dealt with technology testing including fixed wireless. Samsung, HTC, LG, etc. can get many phones through carrier testing and the FCC all year long. The BB10 device has already obtained FCC approval. Christ it has already gotten FIPS approval. Their is clearly an issue with production limitations, or the devices and LTE, or something, but no way all four carriers have March processes. If their was one that was late like AT&T was with the Bold 9900 then that is a carrier delay. This clearly isn't carrier delay IMHO.
    01-30-13 11:05 PM
    Sorry I'm an engineer and have dealt with technology testing including fixed wireless. Samsung, HTC, LG, etc. can get many phones through carrier testing and the FCC all year long. The BB10 device has already obtained FCC approval. Christ it has alr
    Still,

Why would BlackBerry purposely delay one of their most significant markets? They wouldn't
    exactly. This trumps ALL arguments.
    01-30-13 11:10 PM
    Oh please I don't understand American customers. You guys give BlackBerry all the ****, and others give them the love. At least Indonesia did, Malaysia did.

When we get early launch dates we're good, we got them late we're still good.

Americans. As if you fellas (yes, you non BlackBerry-totting fellas) would want to buy a BlackBerry immediately. Go whine at AT&T and Verizon and others.

You guys get subsidized deals, BlackBerry Maps, etc, and ye all are still whining.

No wonder American market's such a toxic.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 11:12 PM
    Why would BlackBerry purposely delay one of their most significant markets? They wouldn't
    exactly. This trumps ALL arguments.
    Except it could have been an inadvertent (i.e. not on purpose) delay, or worse caused by carelessness on RIM's part. I'm not privy to the carrier inspection process, but maybe it's possible that RIM didn't give the US carriers (already notorious for lengthy inspections) enough time to inspect and make a February release? If that's what happened, I'd place more blame on RIM, because they have worked with these same carriers on releases before. RIM should have an idea of how long drawn the "testing" process can be.

Oh please I don't understand American customers. You guys give BlackBerry all the ****, and others give them the love. At least Indonesia did, Malaysia did.

When we get early launch dates we're good, we got them late we're still good.

Americans. As if you fellas (yes, you non BlackBerry-totting fellas) would want to buy a BlackBerry immediately. Go whine at AT&T and Verizon and others.

You guys get subsidized deals, BlackBerry Maps, etc, and ye all are still whining.

No wonder American market's such a toxic.
    You mad bro? Seriously, your first two sentences are pretty ignorant. Do you realize that most of the Americans complaining here on CB are doing it also out of love? The "non-BlackBerry toting fellas" out there couldn't care less about BBs (just look at the U.S. market share), so criticizing those of us on a BlackBerry fan forum who still use and LOVE BBs is, again, ignorant.
    01-30-13 11:36 PM
    Awesome phone but the States cant have it until March??? Im so disappointed. I am going back to bed.
    me too :-(
    01-30-13 11:37 PM
    The USA is not the center of the world.
    now I know. :-)
    01-30-13 11:37 PM
    She's not upset because USA is the center of the world, it's because she wants a BB10 phone! It's getting increasingly harder to be a BlackBerry advocate, and it's just a let down when a BlackBerry fan from anywhere can't get a phone that they've been looking forward to for so long. You'd be hearing the same complaints from people in Canada and/or the UK if the situation was the same for them.
    uk and canada have more user base than the US, perhaps?
    01-30-13 11:40 PM
    just stop with bashing of americans
    we are on the side of blackberry and want the phones to support them
    even if it is the carriers fault (which i dont believe) why blame and agitate the fans

oh and by the way since obvious things need to be pointed out
    NYC american
    alicia keys american
    super bowl american

Obviously Blackberry thinks its an important market which makes this strategy, yes stategy, perplexing
    BlackBerry Canadian.....I'm sure They have a plan they wouldn't spend the money on a superbowl add without a plan! Obviously the release date isn't news to them so they have been planning for this ! Yes it sucks but maybe it's just to build up more hype and demand for the device. Have faith
    01-30-13 11:46 PM
80 1234