Awesome phone but the States cant have it until March??? Im so disappointed. I am going back to bed.
    01-30-13 11:22 AM
    The USA is not the center of the world.
    jinxednuance and undone like this.
    01-30-13 11:32 AM
    no, but it is a significant market for BlackBerry to be penetrating again. End of Feb. maybe, but March is too long. i realize carriers are to blame, but still...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 11:36 AM
    Of course it's not. But that's not what the OP is claiming.

If you lived in Canada and Z10 didn't release til March and you made a fuss of it, I wouldn't come back with a comment like "Canada isn't the center of the world."

no, but it is a significant market for BlackBerry to be penetrating again. End of Feb. maybe, but March is too long. i realize carriers are to blame, but still...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

It's not even THAT. It's just the fact that we, Americans, won't be able to get our hands on one for a while, period.
    01-30-13 11:37 AM
    She didn't say it was. All she said is that she's disappointed carriers aren't releasing it sooner. As am I.
    01-30-13 11:38 AM
    She's not upset because USA is the center of the world, it's because she wants a BB10 phone! It's getting increasingly harder to be a BlackBerry advocate, and it's just a let down when a BlackBerry fan from anywhere can't get a phone that they've been looking forward to for so long. You'd be hearing the same complaints from people in Canada and/or the UK if the situation was the same for them.
    rcab likes this.
    01-30-13 11:38 AM
    No but it is the market RIM lost and put them into the hole they are in today.

Does everyone forget this?

This is not an "US must have it first because we are American" thing. This is a US must have it first because it is the most important market that RIM needs to win back.

If the last few years haven't proved this, I don't know what will.
    01-30-13 11:39 AM
    Yes, I am fully aware USA is not the center of the world. Thank You, Captain Obvious.
    Its not even about that. Its the fact RIM has lost a majority of the US market. With the Super Bowl ad airing this Sunday and a drop date in March on all major US carriers??? I hope they have a marketing strategy in place to bridge the time gap and keep the hype level at a peak. I do not want RIM to fail again in the States. They are too good for that.
    01-30-13 11:43 AM
    She's not upset because USA is the center of the world, it's because she wants a BB10 phone! It's getting increasingly harder to be a BlackBerry advocate, and it's just a let down when a BlackBerry fan from anywhere can't get a phone that they've been looking forward to for so long. You'd be hearing the same complaints from people in Canada and/or the UK if the situation was the same for them.
    If it was BB that were the ones delaying the launch in any country then it would be fair enough for people to complain about them doing it, but here it is simply down to the american carriers being slower than a dead snail when it comes to releasing these devices, it is not like the UK just allows people to dump untested devices on their networks.
    01-30-13 11:44 AM
    To make up for the lost momentum from the launch, BlackBerry and carriers should work out an early upgrade deal. Having to wait two months for a tech product is more than enough time for competitors to get their new offerings out there first and pull focus and interest from BB10.

I wasn't planning on getting a Z10 until May when my upgrade is available, but if it were available tomorrow at VZW after watching the launch, I would probably bite the bullet and buy one outright. Now with the cold-water dousing of a potential two-month wait, the urgency of "I want one NOW" has worn off. May is fine... unless, of course, they give me an early upgrade!
    Last edited by Innerchild; 01-30-13 at 12:07 PM.
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    01-30-13 11:45 AM
    Way to drop kick me in the face...

To say I'm not happy with the USA release date is an understatement..

To **** with the, "This is America, we're the best." attitude.

I'm an avid BlackBerry user who lives in the US and I have to wait 30-60 days to get my proper hit of that BlackBerry crack. I'm packing up and taking my talents to Canada.
    01-30-13 11:49 AM
    The US release date is TERRIBLE for this company.

This isn't a market to take lightly. The Superbowl ad is pretty pointless right now.

The execution of this needed to be almost flawless, but RIM is stumbling on things that should be avoidable.
    spiraleze likes this.
    01-30-13 11:50 AM
    01-30-13 11:52 AM
    I was hoping all the march talk was BS in the forums, but it was PA. Really wanted to stick with black berry straight through, but will be back. What is pissing me off is ATT has on their web page Coming soon! Gimme a break with bait switch BS. And the US is the center of the world captain obvious.
    01-30-13 11:52 AM
    If it was BB that were the ones delaying the launch in any country then it would be fair enough for people to complain about them doing it, but here it is simply down to the american carriers being slower than a dead snail when it comes to releasing these devices, it is not like the UK just allows people to dump untested devices on their networks.
    Thats where I would like to know why US carriers have been dragging their feet testing the new devices. The rest of the world is on par. Why is the US not using the time alloted wisely?
    HartfordWhalers likes this.
    01-30-13 11:53 AM
    Its not....you're kidding me ......had no idea
    01-30-13 11:54 AM
    The commercial seems a total waste now tbqh.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-30-13 11:55 AM
    I hope that Amazon will have unlocked non branded BB10s soon.
    flyingsolid and rjkolo like this.
    01-30-13 11:55 AM
    I'm like the little Dutch boy putting his fingers in the dike to hold back the sea of iPhones flooding my customers. I'm nearly out of digits and now the new phone won't even be here for at least 60 days. There won't be any need for it by then as all their staff will have iPhones. BlackBerry appears to have no idea what that means to their business.
    01-30-13 11:57 AM
    I was hoping all the march talk was BS in the forums, but it was PA. Really wanted to stick with black berry straight through, but will be back. What is pissing me off is ATT has on their web page Coming soon! Gimme a break with bait switch BS. And the US is the center of the world captain obvious.
    TMobile has nothing available on pre-orders yet. Is.Bummed.

I have a band to run. I was really hoping to get that phone soon so I can run our music business with more ease and open communication. My current BB does well now, but I sure could benefit from the new BB 10 features in that aspect.
    01-30-13 11:59 AM
    Could be worse, you could be stuck with Sprint, like me.
    Sprint Says it Will Carry the BlackBerry Q10 Later This Year | TechnoBuffalo
    Later in the year for a Q10 and no mention of the Z10? WTF
    01-30-13 12:00 PM

I have a band to run. I was really hoping to get that phone soon so I can run our music business with more ease and open communication. My current BB does well now, but I sure could benefit from the new BB 10 features in that aspect.
    This isn't much, but hopefully you've come across this page already
    01-30-13 12:05 PM

I'm with ya, I was going to integrate it into my business with a couple more pb when I moved locations. Not happen.
    01-30-13 12:05 PM
    Hey, this isn't RIM fault.. the carriers have had the phones since Oct/12. They were quickly approved. There's no excuse for the US carriers not to provide the phones for the same dates as what Canada is getting them at.

I thought the carriers were concerned about Google pissing in their pool (becoming a possible carrier) and the cost of iphones being so high that they would have welcomed a great alternative in BB10. Not understanding the US logic behind this. Glad I'm in Canada and will be getting mine shortly.
    01-30-13 12:06 PM
    just stop with bashing of americans
    we are on the side of blackberry and want the phones to support them
    even if it is the carriers fault (which i dont believe) why blame and agitate the fans

oh and by the way since obvious things need to be pointed out
    NYC american
    alicia keys american
    super bowl american

Obviously Blackberry thinks its an important market which makes this strategy, yes stategy, perplexing
    01-30-13 12:14 PM
80 123 ...