Are there still plenty of stock to go around in the UK for Z10? Whats actually happening?

BlackBerry 10: shops deny claims by Thorsten Heins that Z10 phones are selling out - Telegraph
    02-07-13 09:28 PM
    02-07-13 09:31 PM
    That post is irrelevant
    02-07-13 09:42 PM
    Fixed:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ml#post7950557
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    02-07-13 09:45 PM
    That post is irrelevant
    Whew! Sorry for trying. Thought the linked article indicated stock is being replenished... ?
    02-07-13 09:46 PM
    Surely those outlets would have been restocked by now
    kfh227 likes this.
    02-07-13 09:48 PM
    What question would you like answered?
    02-07-13 09:49 PM
    BB users in the UK to confirm this
    02-07-13 09:52 PM
    It was reported that "many" of the stores in the UK had sold out of stock and have been replenished. There was a statement form one of the retail execs stating so (if I can find the link, I'll revisit this and post it, but it is here in the forums somewhere). That statement is more reliable than an analyst calling stores.... especially when said analyst has a low price point set for BB, and is therefore trying to pull down the stock in order not to lose money on his/her shorts.
    02-07-13 10:01 PM
    It was reported that "many" of the stores in the UK had sold out of stock and have been replenished. There was a statement form one of the retail execs stating so (if I can find the link, I'll revisit this and post it, but it is here in the forums somewhere). That statement is more reliable than an analyst calling stores.... especially when said analyst has a low price point set for BB, and is therefore trying to pull down the stock in order not to lose money on his/her shorts.
    I think that's the post I was referencing, if we're on the same page. I should have linked the article directly. Here it is (though doesn't appear to have answered OP's question):
    BlackBerry Z10 Did Sell Out In 55% Of Phones 4u’s 680 U.K. Stores Over Launch Weekend — But Still No Hard Sales Figures | TechCrunch
    02-07-13 10:08 PM
    Lol close the tread. The trolls continue to try and post articles that have already been proven to be outright lies. There is already another thread On this.
    02-07-13 10:25 PM
    Lol close the tread. The trolls continue to try and post articles that have already been proven to be outright lies. There is already another thread On this.
    100% agree with mrfreetruth.

and like kfh227 said above, how can we help you? what was the purpose of this thread? Its been posted already.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-07-13 11:15 PM
    Yeah. This isn't a bridge. So why is there a troll here?
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-08-13 02:02 AM
    The many was also referring to stocks of both black and white in those stores so it doesn't even contradict Thorsten's earlier comments either, just the negative ones about not selling out.
    02-08-13 05:22 AM
    the telegraph seems to have a little bit of a vendetta agiasnt z10 at the moment...not sure why.
    02-08-13 06:10 AM
    Telegraph Technology readers have been complaining for a long time now about the perceived pro Apple bias by their journalists. One thing that the Telegraph does not explain is why did Phones4u add �70 to the price of the black Z10.
    gp656 likes this.
    02-08-13 06:36 AM
    The irony of this post...just shocking
    JeepBB, richardat and 03_CTD like this.
    02-08-13 07:03 AM
    glass half full or empty; if 50 % of the stores sold out, perhaps there are a few who didn't,
    not exactly a reason to call Heins names, can't people actually understand what they read?
    02-08-13 07:13 AM
    The irony of this post...just shocking
    I guess only you and I can see the bridge here, lol! Perhaps it is a BlackBerry bridge..
    02-08-13 07:17 AM
    Who gives a crap if its sold out anyways? I want the stores fully stocked so that they can keep selling them. You can't sell something that is not avail.....
    02-08-13 07:22 AM
    Only pay attention to what is published here. Everything else is a conspiracy.
    mikeo007, Admorris, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    02-08-13 07:25 AM
    ^Independent entities have disputed these claims. Stop being such a poor cheerleader!
    02-08-13 07:58 AM
    I don't think OP was trolling; I think I just didn't understand what he was asking.
    02-08-13 08:00 AM
    Be logical. What tech company has stock to replenish several days after launch?? How is this hypothetical second stock so large relative to the first that stores wouldn't sell out again? (Hopefully, you would not argue that momentum has changed so significantly in a couple days?)

Even if there were any sellouts, it is clear they were contrived by corporate. You definitely don't see other (real or contrived) sell outs such as with the iPhone, Lumia 920, Kindle Paperwhite, etc. replenished in a couple days. They disappear for at least a couple weeks and the CEO doesn't boast about sellouts immediately after they occur.
    It is quite logical thanks. The carriers order, and then send out x number of units to stores based on what they think will sell. The warehouses aren't empty and the carrier isn't out of stock, but the expected sales for some stores and areas exceded expectations, and in turn, led to stores selling out. Take it for what it is, but it doesn't change the fact that stores were sold out. What their initial stock was, who knows. Before you jump on me, give it a little thought and read what carriers had said. They didn't say they, as a whole, that they were out of stock, just more than half their stores sold throught the inventory that they had.
    FSeverino likes this.
    02-08-13 08:24 AM
    Why is this "not good"? Does it have to sell out everywhere to be successful? Based on what Heins and the carriers have been saying, everyone is very happy with sales so far. Anyone that was expecting an iPhone-esque launch is not being realistic. BB10 is not going to be an overnight sensation. This is a platform that will take time to grow, both in SW and user base. But I believe a strong foundation has been laid. All BB needs is time. And with their cash position I think they have the money to buy themselves as much time as they need.
    02-08-13 10:18 AM
56 123