I'm not getting the new Hotmail icon. I've pulled the battery, resent service books, then even removed hotmail from BIS completely and readded.

Now it shows as a pop account and I can't change the protocol anymore, and I read in another thread that the pop version won't get the new icon. Is this true? If so how do I change it back?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    06-28-10 03:38 PM
    anyone have an idea?
    06-29-10 10:56 AM
    You cant get it back now. You are stuck with pop access.
    06-29-10 10:59 AM
    So what's the difference? And if they have a new mail icon, why wouldn't it work on pop if that's their new preferred standard?
    06-29-10 11:00 AM
    I had it, then lost it. I changed themes back to the Zen theme and it popped up again this morning.
    I wonder whether it's not playing nice with purchased themes?
    06-29-10 11:00 AM
    Yeah I've tried switching themes as well, to no avail.
    06-29-10 11:02 AM
    So what's the difference? And if they have a new mail icon, why wouldn't it work on pop if that's their new preferred standard?
    The mail icon seems to be random. No real reason why some are getting it an others aren't.

POP is pull mail access so your email will no longer appear instantly on your blackberry but it will be pulled every 15 mins or so. It also wont sync both ways anymore. Basically you ****ed yourself over to try to get a little picture on your hotmail folder.
    06-29-10 11:05 AM
    I had to resend my service books in order for the icons to update. Not sure why that didn't work for you.
    Last edited by Curis; 06-29-10 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Second sentence added for clarity.
    06-29-10 11:07 AM
    Okay, that doesn't make any sense, why would they take several steps backward, since they are obviously trying to integrate Hotmail more closely? And yes, 2 way sync does work.
    06-29-10 11:08 AM
    Okay, that doesn't make any sense, why would they take several steps backward, since they are obviously trying to integrate Hotmail more closely? And yes, 2 way sync does work.
    If 2 way sync is working then you aren't using pop. Do a forum search. There are many posts about the changes in hotmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 12:16 PM
    My msn icon comes and goes its really ******** the yahoo one stays but msn appears and disappears whenever it wants

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD