For the most part Bla1ze is correct. You really do have a better chance of getting struck by lightning as you are looking at your winning lottery numbers coming up on the TV than you do at getting RIM to place a PIN block on your device. It doesn't matter. You have to start with your carrier. Get them to refer you to RIM. Even then, it's gonna be an uphill battle. I know you can contact RIM directly, but as far as I know, it's not free. I believe they would still have the use of voice/sms services. They would never have any access to any BIS type plan.

BlackBerry Technical Support Services (Corporations pay a yearly subscription fee to be able to use their services) can, and will, block any PIN associated with your organization as long as the person requesting is on the Named Caller list.
    12-14-11 07:33 PM
    Not Even Thieves Want Your BlackBerry - Yahoo! News

this is so sad... not only is the press dissing RIM, they gotta do news on this... such haters.
    This is the author's website:

Alexander Abad-Santos

Really just a dumb, dumb article
    12-14-11 08:02 PM
    EU has IMEI blacklists, and North America CDMA users have ESN blacklists... outside of that RIM will NEVER block a PIN of a stolen device unless it was stolen from them directly.. ie: a pre-release device or in the case of those mass amnt of Torch 9810's that were stolen.

It just doesn't happen and if anyone from a carrier says they blocked your PIN from use due to it being stolen, they're full of crap. Basically, if you lose or your BB someone steals your BB and you never put any security measures of your own on it or made use of those available -- it's gone and is likely in use by someone else. The use of PIN blocking outside of RIM use is well... a myth. Possible yes, used -- never.
    The same applies to IMEI blacklisting here in Europe. As they say of the bull, all horns no balls. The carriers won't blacklist unless serious pressure is applied because they make revenue if a stolen device is activated on a new SIM, and making the blacklist entry is "extra work".
    12-14-11 08:06 PM
    I once got my BB stolen and it was an awful experience, so If I knew that no robber wanted my Bold, it would actually be a relief for me.
    12-14-11 09:36 PM
    Let me get this right:

Robbers want iphones
    Students use Blackberrys

What's negative about this? I see it as positive
    Quoted for truth!
    12-14-11 10:17 PM
    I see this as a pro rather than a con.

Chances of theft go up if you leave your door open all day. Maybe that will make my property worth more right?
    12-14-11 10:38 PM
    It's cuz iphone users are easily robbed pussies.
    Bazinga.
    This iPhone user has her CCP and never leaves home naked.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    12-15-11 08:58 AM
    This iPhone user has her CCP and never leaves home naked.

CCP or CPP?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-15-11 09:01 AM
    CCP or CPP?

CCP = Concealed Carry Permit.
    12-15-11 09:03 AM
    CCP = Concealed Carry Permit.
    Right on! They try to steal your iPhone, you blast em. lol
    12-15-11 11:19 AM
    Right on! They try to steal your iPhone, you blast em. lol

Yeah, cause no one gets robbed while they are armed...LoL

12-15-11 11:55 AM
    Yeah, cause no one gets robbed while they are armed...LoL

I never said they didn't. You have a good chance of ending it much faster with one though.
    Last edited by avt123; 12-15-11 at 12:17 PM.
    12-15-11 12:15 PM
    Blackberrys are to secure.
    12-15-11 04:08 PM
    I never said they didn't. You have a good chance of ending it much faster with one though.
    Which is my point. I have several holsters I swap out depending on what I wear. I don't carry a purse so it can't go in there but depending on if I'm wearing a jacket or not, I do have a shoulder holster.
    avt123 likes this.
    12-16-11 10:00 AM
    seems they DO want to steal them lmao, major egg on face moment eh

$1.7 million worth of BlackBerry PlayBooks stolen | CrackBerry.com
    spike12 likes this.
    12-16-11 06:07 PM
    If I was a robber, I would target a Blackberry or Android user. Why? According to financial databases, the average net-worth of iphone users is no more than $20k, which is far less than the average net-worth of Blackberry and Android users.
    12-17-11 11:02 AM
    seems they DO want to steal them lmao, major egg on face moment eh

$1.7 million worth of BlackBerry PlayBooks stolen | CrackBerry.com
    Lol, I was gonna post the same thing.
    I bet a higher proportion of BlackBerry owners aren't stupid or selfish enough to buy clearly stolen property. That's probably why the theifs don't want BlackBerrys.
    12-17-11 11:08 AM
    Robbers turn noses up at Droids, only want iPhones | Technically Incorrect - CNET News
    There might be a recession still lurking, but that doesn't mean robbers are going to steal just anything.
    The whole point of stealing things is to get money for them. And, in New York, only certain smartphones appear to have any value.
    The iPhone, for example, is coveted by certain nefarious actors. Droids and BlackBerrys, not quite so much.
    I lean upon the reporting of NBC New York, which chatted with police in the more elevated (numbers-wise) parts of Manhattan.
    phonejunky likes this.
    12-18-11 01:59 AM
    LOL love how this thread has turned out LOL. business decisions on a mugger LOL priceless. that just shows you that BB fans are businessmen/woman at heart
    12-18-11 06:54 AM
    If I was a robber, I would target a Blackberry or Android user. Why? According to financial databases, the average net-worth of iphone users is no more than $20k, which is far less than the average net-worth of Blackberry and Android users.
    Lmbo what???? How does that make any kind of sense? They're not kidnapping you they're stealing your phone who cares at all what you make lol.

?
    12-18-11 08:58 AM
    http://crackberry.com/prince-harry-h...len-blackberry

oh dear lol, so after an article on why robbers dont want BB, there have been 2 high profile unrelated items on BB theft ina week!!!

im sure thats not embarassing for the articles writer at all lol
    12-18-11 09:48 AM
    Pretty sure the author doesn't care.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G
    12-18-11 01:46 PM
    Lmbo what???? How does that make any kind of sense? They're not kidnapping you they're stealing your phone who cares at all what you make lol.

?
    You may want to look up net-worth first before lol, eitherwise, I'll be the one lol.
    Last edited by BBFXPro777; 12-18-11 at 11:40 PM.
    12-18-11 11:20 PM
    Not Even Thieves Want Your BlackBerry - Yahoo! News

this is so sad... not only is the press dissing RIM, they gotta do news on this... such haters.
    I think its sweet. My phone doesn't make me a target......iphones aren't WORTH more, their computers use the same harddrives from Thailand as other computers and their phones aren't made of some undiscovered material, it is perception.

As long as my phone does what I want, I am glad.
    12-19-11 01:22 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD