so i have a unique problem.
    i live in AUS and I cannot add BES to my mobile plan with Optus
    so my new employer that has a BES server that I cannot get access to and OWA is not going to cut it.
    my playbook works like a charm, syncs my mail, calender and contacts.
    any ideas?? i dont want to have to take my playbook everywhere but also want access to my work contacts and calender. the obvious answer for the Berry haters is to swap my phone and go for an android or i thing, really dont want to do that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-03-12 07:15 AM
    Is your Playbook on the same BES that you are trying to connect the phone to?

Doesn't the BES Administrator have to set you up on the BES before you can access it?
    07-03-12 07:29 AM
    What kind of carrier supports BlackBerry devices but not BES? The fault is with Optus.

As far as the PlayBook goes, that's another story altogether. It requires more than just a BES server on your employer's end. They have to upgrade it with specific software for PlayBook support, and most employers aren't doing so.
    07-03-12 07:44 AM
    What kind of carrier supports BlackBerry devices but not BES? The fault is with Optus.

As far as the PlayBook goes, that's another story altogether. It requires more than just a BES server on your employer's end. They have to upgrade it with specific software for PlayBook support, and most employers aren't doing so.
    Not entirely correct. Playbook supports activesync without the Mobile Fusion/BDS server. If OWA is enabled and open, its very possible Activesync will work as well.

Also, as far as getting your corporate e-mail, try adding it through BIS, might just work as a regular internet e-mail account. sans IT policies (which would definitely be the fault of your company)
    07-03-12 07:49 AM
    Have your employer install a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Microsoft Exchange. It is free and works with any BlackBerry smartphone on either BlackBerry Internet Service or BlackBerry Enterprise Server data plans. And the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express can point to the same Microsoft Exchange Server as the full edition of BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange. BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Microsoft Exchange can be virtualized; this is how I run it for my research organization.
    07-03-12 09:18 AM
    so my particular optus plan cannot add BES! so not really the carrier, just one of their contracts.
    My company is running BES for a great many users with no issues.
    And playbook is not connected to BES, just using activsnyc and works great.
    I have added my work OWA account via bis and its working but it is only email push no snyc.

so from the sounds of it, BES express could work but i doubt that this will happen.

guess i may have to end my contract.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-03-12 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD