This is making me want to buy another Bold 9900. I might just
    06-17-16 12:11 PM
    This is making me want to buy another Bold 9900. I might just
    Go for it, I'm personally getting one xD.
    06-17-16 12:13 PM
    very fond memories - BlackBerry for life (even if things don't last forever, BlackBerry seems to be extremely resilient, just like their phones)
    06-17-16 04:57 PM
    i think, the funniest thing about all those devices, is how there are still millions of them in use around the world
    06-17-16 05:02 PM
    i think, the funniest thing about all those devices, is how there are still millions of them in use around the world
    Oh yeah, and they're being sold new & mint everywhere on ebay and amazon.. There are plenty of them out there.. Hopefully the hardware business will turn profitable.. I just read an analysis by Credit Suisse expecting BBRY to miss the revenues' target but lets hope that doesn't happen..

I'll continue to use the devices whether or not they're in business though.. The Legacy will continue one way or another xD.
    06-17-16 05:10 PM
    Besides the phones, it's just nice to remember when they had actual professionals designing their website.
    Sairos, vpblaze and JeepBB like this.
    06-17-16 05:20 PM
    Besides the phones, it's just nice to remember when they had actual professionals designing their website.
    LOL, that's funny - their current website has improved massively over the last little while though, but i totally understand what you're saying - there was a lot of confusion evident at BlackBerry simply by going to their sites over the last couple years - now i am starting to see some modern design to it and consistency as well

they just need to go back and remove "RIM" from everything now (all the small print stuff) - that still hasn't happened!
    06-17-16 05:23 PM
    with all their acquisitions, one would think they'd have a slew of talented web designer types in employment, somewhere! LOL, or at least some access to some pros
    Sairos likes this.
    06-17-16 05:27 PM
    doesn't look like anybody posted the link to their site as it appears right now - just to compare

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility, BBM, Smartphones & Support -

nobody really seems to go there, just to CrackBerry - LOL - but the site looks pretty good now, thankfully
    06-17-16 05:30 PM
    with all their acquisitions, one would think they'd have a slew of talented web designer types in employment, somewhere! LOL, or at least some access to some pros
    They've 2.6 bil lying around in cash.. A web designer on 99designs.com could probably do it better..

doesn't look like anybody posted the link to their site as it appears right now - just to compare

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility, BBM, Smartphones & Support -

nobody really seems to go there, just to CrackBerry - LOL - but the site looks pretty good now, thankfully
    I checked it before I made the post.. Actually its the reason I made the post.. Didn't really like the way they neglected the smartphones.. They don't even show them like they used to.. Just small designs of them..
    06-17-16 05:36 PM
    They've 2.6 bil lying around in cash.. A web designer on 99designs.com could probably do it better..

I checked it before I made the post.. Actually its the reason I made the post.. Didn't really like the way they neglected the smartphones.. They don't even show them like they used to.. Just small designs of them..
    yeah, i think it's all part of their new approach with more attention being paid to their software and services business and making the devices secondary - as long as they don't stop making devices, i am happy

but, i agree, they should have just as much focus on their handsets as they do the other stuff because that is what the vast majority of people relate with the name BlackBerry and therefore, the tangibles (hardware) should be front and center
    06-17-16 05:46 PM
    Crazy that 5 years later the 9900 looks like it could be a 2016 phone. The designers should be proud
    06-17-16 05:51 PM
    That website is like 100000000000 times better designed than the current one. That tells you everything about the company.
    06-17-16 05:55 PM
    Crazy that 5 years later the 9900 looks like it could be a 2016 phone. The designers should be proud
    That Device is timeless.. They still do some great designs but the bloody market doesn't appreciate..
    schlemer likes this.
    06-17-16 06:00 PM
    Wow! Thank you!
    I loved to see how it used to look in the days of glory, and you just show me.
    I appreciate that.
    You're very welcome.. Glad you all liked it xD..
    06-17-16 06:29 PM
    I still have my white Bold and although it is not very useful now that T-Mo has reassigned some of its 3G bands, I still like to take it out and look at it.
    06-20-16 11:10 AM
    I love threads like this. Revisiting the good times is a refreshing break from the doom-and-gloom narratives around here as of late.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    Sairos likes this.
    06-21-16 08:06 AM
    I still have my favorite phone, the 9650. It still works great and has bounced more than any ball in the NBA finals and looks nearly perfect. I use it from time to time. I am seriously looking at 9900 to use in addition to my Zed10.

Those were indeed heady times full of vim and vigor. Times we never thought would end.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 08:59 AM
    The website is still AWFUL. Any of us could do better using a webhosting service's tools. It is so cheap to design a website that this tells you how bad the decision making is at headquarters.

This tells me that Chen is going to axe hardware. Look where he sticks the hardware on the splash page.

The Palm downfall reenactment might be near completion.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 10:45 AM
    And is the company called Blueberry or BlackBerry? What is up with that color scheme? Who made that decision? Does Chen know anything about branding?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 10:47 AM
    And is the company called Blueberry or BlackBerry? What is up with that color scheme? Who made that decision? Does Chen know anything about branding?

Posted via CB10
    Someone probable explained that "BlackBerry" is a depressing color....

Would be like telling Google that their logo is childish with those different colors, and should be updated....
    06-21-16 10:56 AM
    I guess you're the only one that thinks the new looks classier than the old. Are you Chen's summer intern who designed the new website?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 11:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    You do realize this is a cached version of the BlackBerry site from 2011. I'm pretty certain that Chen wasn't manning the helm in those days...

06-21-16 11:53 AM
    I'm commenting negatively about the present color scheme, not the old one. It's very... blue. Among other things.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 11:55 AM
    I love threads like this. Revisiting the good times is a refreshing break from the doom-and-gloom narratives around here as of late.

Yes I agree, too much depressing stuff going around.. I don't know why, They're still in business and still releasing phones.. Two more phones are coming.. Lets just enjoy it.. We've plenty to choose from.. The Passport & Classic are great, even the Priv is good..
    06-21-16 12:51 PM
51 123