I got the phone yesterday evening, I think its been hot for the entire time, especially when on charge. Should I take it back for replacement or is it meant to be like this? If it breaks at aby time in my 24 month contract because of this can I get it replaced?
    08-20-12 09:38 PM
    it is normal for a phone to overheat.. however if it overheats for 24/7 there must be something wrong.. my 9900 and iPhone 4S overheats when I use them a lot.. So I dont think there's anything to worry about.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-20-12 09:42 PM
    You might have a small radiator leak, or check your radiator fans; you could also just be low on coolant/water. Make sure you're using the right oil grade, too thick or too thin viscosity is a bad thing. Also check to make sure your gaskets are properly sealed, at the very worst could be a blown head.

Oh wait, we're talking about a phone here...

Usually what I do is take the battery out, let it cool down, place it back in and turn on the phone. Then reconnect the charger, does the trick for me 99% of the time.

if that doesn't solve it, it could be an app that you downloaded/installed that could be running in the foreground or background that is running inefficiently and asking too much of the battery.
    08-20-12 09:47 PM
    Hi Santino a,

Just as everyone says yes our smartphone may feel warm, always make sure that applications are closed correctly and don't leave your browser open when not using.Have a look :KB31531-The BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use
    08-20-12 10:47 PM
    It feels overly warm all the time
    08-20-12 10:55 PM
    Hi santino a ,

Press and hold the Menu key for a few seconds and see how many application are running in the background, generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser )
    08-20-12 11:00 PM
    My 9930 doesn't overheat, it never feels warm, and I'm a heavy user. I had a 9650 once that felt warm a lot, I returned it for a replacement.
    08-20-12 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD