I'm using a verizon 8330 curve, updated to 4.5.0.77 recently. I noticed whenever I reboot say for example when I add or delete an App, then try to use the BBM- all of my contacts now require a pin update confirmation from me, or the BB will delete all my BBM contacts. Is that normal, also- after I add or delete an app and the black berry reboots, the start up screen thinks I got a new device with a new pin. I did not get a new device, or a new pin, and this is why it is asking my contacts to confirm that they know me....
    This cant be correct...
    any thoughts?
    04-07-09 10:31 AM
    Turn off Content Protection. It's accessible from Options - Security - General Settings

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 11:01 AM
    Thanks a lot that fixed it>
    I appreciate it!.
    When would one use content protection or what is content protection used for?
    04-07-09 11:09 AM
    Thanks a lot that fixed it>
    I appreciate it!.
    When would one use content protection or what is content protection used for?
    I would like to know this too.
    04-08-09 12:43 PM
    Well here's a little info

About content protection
    04-08-09 12:56 PM
    Although your BlackBerry transmits data over the air very securely, it does not store data on the handheld securely, unless you enable content protection. When you enable content protection on your BlackBerry, the BlackBerry will encrypt data that it determines to be sensitive, e.g. emails, browser cache, address book entries etc. This prevents someone with physical access to your handheld, from connecting it to a PC and extracting sensitive data. This will give you piece of mind, if your handheld is lost or stolen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 04:33 PM
    Thanks! That explains a lot!!
    04-14-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD