Ever thought that there's alot of people that buy phones off Ebay and other online venues and the seller doesnt even have a manual.

You might be suprized to know, every BlackBerry Device OS install included an updated copy of the Users Guide in searchable PDF format.

It is in the same directory that contains ...\Java
    09-05-09 09:39 AM
    ...Chances are if they are asking things that require them to search their phone for a manual they probably dont even know that you can search for it or that it exists.
    09-05-09 10:13 AM
    ....there is no question too stupid be happy people are trying to use it at all, at least they found the site, believe it or not some cant even do that when they start
    09-05-09 11:05 AM
    I don't care necessarily that they read the manual or even search, but it would be nice if they were courteous enough to post using real words and at least a modicum of punctuation.

Reading a post like "n e 1 can hlp sum 1 plz" makes my skin crawl.
    Like using the word "noob"? +1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 11:20 AM
    We're all here to help each other period. It may get terribly annoying but pointing them in the right direction or answering their question with a positive attitude breeds positivity on the flip side negative responses breed negativity
    09-05-09 01:19 PM
    Like using the word "noob"? +1

He shoots, he scores!
    09-05-09 02:16 PM
    I can't stand text message speak or bad grammar/punctuation either (it's that darn Journalism degree! LOL), but what really annoys me are posts that end "HELP ME!!!!!" as if their very life is at stake! Relax, its just a phone!

What if it's life or death and they can't call 911? Could be urgent then.
    09-05-09 04:17 PM
    See here is the problem. Most users with a problem do search.
    They do it via Google
    and that invariably leads them here.

Since they are having what they consider "an end of the world"
    they register and ask. I know, that's how I got here.

Rather than telling a newbie to search or RTFM, why not just
    recognize we were all there at one point, help them and teach
    them how to use the site to get the most from there phone.

When I came here in Dec. 2007 I had all kinds of stupid and
    redundant questions and the members here help me along.
    No one ever demeaned me, insulted me or told me "search
    is your friend"
    Now I try to pay that forward.

I always tell new members there are no stupid questions and
    assure them that at some point, if they stick it out, they will
    be surprised when they shepherd some newbie through a crisis.

Lighten up y'all. Post helpful answers and links where they
    exist. If not, just hit the back button and leave the thread.
    What a great attitude you have. It is important to remember that we all started the same way, with lots of questions, and people were there to help us. We should return the favor if we can. Thanks for recognizing this.
    09-05-09 04:28 PM
    leave n00bs alone.
    09-05-09 04:36 PM
    posters just needa use search
    09-05-09 04:38 PM
    We're all here to help each other period. It may get terribly annoying but pointing them in the right direction or answering their question with a positive attitude breeds positivity on the flip side negative responses breed negativity
    I agree.

Lol. A lot of us get PMed or get BBMs asking for technical help. I don't prefer it over the forums, but, like others, I help where I can and as time permits. Again, not a big issue.
    09-05-09 05:40 PM
    just answer the question or help them solve there issue and move on. Not everyone is tech savvy. I help everyone I can regardless if its been asked a millions times or not. That's what this site was designed for. if you don't have a good answer them don't bother responding to the post with useless garbage like "did you even search"

09-05-09 05:43 PM
    how come my phone doesnt have a +/- button? ????
    09-05-09 06:36 PM
    Now there is an attitude more people should adopt. Well said DrS, and thanks
    for all you do.
    Thank you for the kind words. My contribution thus far is no where nears yours. I remember my first post on this forum was immediately answered by you. People like you are a big reason why my attitude is such.

09-05-09 06:36 PM
    I pretty much think if everyone was like me on CB this would be a really peaceful place.
    09-05-09 06:50 PM
    Example of crappy manual. Go to Blackberry.com and look for the Storm Users manual and go to the Call Blocking section. You will find the following instructions:
    1. From the Home screen, press the Send key.
    2. Press the Menu key.
    3. Click Options.
    4. Click Call Barring.

There "ain't" no such thing as Call Barring from step 4.

This is just one of many dead ends that show up in a BB manual. So where does one turn for answers to these - CB, of course.
    Fried needs to get back on his Lamictal.
    09-05-09 11:35 PM
    how come my phone doesn't have a +/- button? ????
    Press symbol/sym key (repeatedly for other than full keyboard).
    09-06-09 12:37 AM
    When I first got here I don't even know how to search the forum, in fact I'm not familiar with any forums whatsoever on the net, I posted a stupid thread and some nice people helped me out. I just feel like returning the favor where I can.
    09-06-09 10:38 AM
    Hey, I still don't know how to multi-quote in a thread. So, maybe I'll go ask over in site suggestions thread and see who flames me. I can load hybrids, develop themes and have built a 7-node wireless network in my house, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to multi-quote on a message board. Stupid, right?
    09-06-09 10:55 AM
    BTW HELP/? folder on BB is thorough/useful tho less so for troubleshooting.
    09-06-09 11:00 AM
    The manual is also written in annoying techno jargon.
    Manual? Who needs the thing! Press the darn buttons and see what it does!! Best way to learn IMO. Just make sure you don't press the self destruct button. That one could be a killer!
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-07-09 at 12:50 AM. Reason: edited profanity
    09-06-09 11:01 AM
    "Noobs, seriously?? Read the Manual"

What an ***.
    09-06-09 11:52 AM
    Who needs the manual when you got Crackberry.com?
    09-06-09 12:06 PM
    Yeah I had more help from this forum just by reading other threads and posting a few as well then from any old manual would help me with. As well as just from hearing others opinions and advice.That's what these users forums are all about giving and sharing tips.and first hand knowledge .

09-06-09 12:33 PM
    Lighten up y'all. Post helpful answers and links where they exist. If not, just hit the back button and leave the thread.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. No reason for all of the whining and sarcasm from the more advanced members.
    09-06-09 11:33 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD