Can someone tell me what is meant by an unlocked phone? Just curious.
    Thank you.
    03-08-09 07:59 PM
    Unlocked phone means you can use it on other networks. Say it is a Tmobile curve and its unlocked you can use it on AT&T. Unlocked phones are for the most part GSM devices. CDMA devices are for sprint and verizon. Tmobile AT&T are GSM. Hope this helps.
    03-08-09 08:15 PM
    if the phone is for att it can be unlocked so it can be used for tmobile.

usually they dont work as well on the other carrier but they still work.

they have an unlocked iphone for tmobile but it is slow as ****.
    03-08-09 08:17 PM
    Hi and welcome! Locked phone are usually to keep you within that carrier like verison, at&t, etc. Check out the Blackberry Tips & How To forums, they have a lot of detail on how to unlock, etc.
    03-08-09 08:17 PM
    Thank you all for your help and information.
    03-09-09 08:55 PM
    Thank you all for you replies. You were helpful.
    03-09-09 08:58 PM
    What is meant by "threaded" and "pushed"??thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 10:07 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com! If you have any other questions feel free to email or PM me!

Some CDMA, for example the Storm & the 8830 can also be unlocked and used on GSM networks as they are world phones and they have both CDMA & GSM.
    03-09-09 10:39 PM
    Pushed is information sent or 'pushed' to your device through registration of e-mail thru BIS, or by a service that sends alerts or updates because you registered your device for that particular application, i.e. The
    Weather Channel or Fox News.

BlackBerrys do not 'log in' to retrieve e-mail, when a message is sent to your inbox, it is routed simultaneously thru BIS, compressed, and sent thru to your BB. That is why you registered your e-mail addy and password when you set up your device.

Threaded messaging, as I understand it, refers to being able to go back through the history of the conversation you've had with a particular party without having to go thru multiple separate messages.

03-09-09 10:42 PM
    BK...thank you.

03-10-09 04:42 PM
    Unlocked phones are phones that can be used with any network. Most networks sell phones that can only be used with their network (locked) Unlocking them makes them usable on almost any network.

Threaded discussions are discussions where you can see every message sent and recieved. These forums default to threaded display. You can see all the posts made to one thread all at once.

Push is a data transmission type. Data is literally sent (or pushed) to the device whenever there is something new like a new email. This differ from pull where the device checks a server for new messages periodically.
    03-10-09 05:55 PM
    Unlocked phones are phones that can be used with any network. Most networks sell phones that can only be used with their network (locked) Unlocking them makes them usable on almost any network.

Threaded discussions are discussions where you can see every message sent and recieved. These forums default to threaded display. You can see all the posts made to one thread all at once.

Push is a data transmission type. Data is literally sent (or pushed) to the device whenever there is something new like a new email. This differ from pull where the device checks a server for new messages periodically.
    Co-sign.

just be sure that if you purchase an unlocked phone such as an LG ku990(owned one myself), that you make sure it's quad-band or atleast your area supports the tri-band signals well. ku990 was great...but I forgot to check if it was quad-band or not, and that didn't turn out too well once it arrived....
    03-10-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD