Hi.

I've, without any luck, tried to figure out exactly what a BB can do without BIS / BES

Is it possible for me to use a BB in a country that doesnt have any special BB carrier?

What I need is Phone / SMS / Exchange email

Phones I've been looking at: 9320 or Q10

Is it possible to buy the BB services seperate from a carrier?

I know it's probably stupid questions, but I still hope you would take your time to answer :-)

-Daniel
    09-03-13 03:58 AM
    Well with the q10 you don't need to worry about bis since it doesn't use it like legacy models.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 04:12 AM
    Thats wonderful news!

Thank you kindly.
    09-03-13 04:14 AM
    Hi, sorry for jumping on this thread but I can't find how to create a new one for my question!

I'm hoping someone can please help me, I'm going round the bend with my Curve 9300. I am on a pay monthly SIM only contract with Virgin media and they tell me I have Blackberry Services already. I am able to access the internet fine and have 3G and GPRS access. The problem is that I have downloaded and want to use WhatsApp but when I try to register my number it tells me I need to have internet switched on. I am also unable to access Blackberry AppWorld. It seems I have internet service fine but the apps are not able to find it on my blackberry. I don't use any blackberry functions such as synching my work email or blackberry messenger as it is for personal use and I only need calls, sms and browser. I have already contacted Virgin and they were not much help, they directed me to their website for help but it doesn't answer my question. I have tried to create a BIS account via their site but it fails as I have no email on the blackberry. Does anyone know if this could be causing my app problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kerry
    10-23-13 10:39 AM