Hey everyone, I have a quick question about my Blackberry. I have the 8330 from Verizon. None of my apps will access my GPS when they need it to find certain things. Examples are Poynt, Google Maps, and Bank of America Mobile (to find closest BoA). When I start them up it says it can't access the GPS and resorts to using the cell phone towers to locate which me which can vary greatly in accuracy. The only app that can access my GPS right now is Blackberry Maps.

Can anyone give me any idea on how to fix this so all my apps can access my GPS?
    07-30-09 02:36 PM
    On Verizon, with the Pearl and Curve,the only apps that can use the internal GPS currently is BB Maps and VZNavigator.

All other (3rd Party) apps can't, unless you use an external GPS source like a bluetooth GPS device (AKA Puck) like the Freedom 2000 GPS.
    07-30-09 02:41 PM
    oh wow i had no idea. that doesnt make sense as to why they would do that though. thanks xliderider!
    07-30-09 02:44 PM
    There's been debate over who is at fault and/or why it doesn't work, but that's basically all the functionality we get from the GPS on the 8330. BBMaps and VZNavigator are the only things that will connect to the internal GPS, with VZN being another 10 bucks a month or something like that. Some people have gotten external GPS pucks that they connect via Bluetooth and the 3rd party apps will work with it. It's a real pisser, that's one of the few things i miss from my ATT 8310, accuracy in Google Maps.
    07-30-09 02:46 PM
    Crapzors, should've refreshed before I posted.

oh wow i had no idea. that doesnt make sense as to why they would do that though. thanks xliderider!
    IMO, they were hoping to push people to use VZ Navigator for more $$...
    07-30-09 02:48 PM
    The only thing I hate about Verizon. Oh... and the wifi thing. haha
    07-30-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD