I hope RIM considers releasing a non-phone BB10 device, same form factor as the phone (ala iPod Touch), for those who are just interested in running apps or have wi-fi everywhere they go. This will expand the user base and provide RIM and its developers another stream of revenue. It's something I think Apple did well and Samsung is more aggressively moving into. This would be for later, after the BB10 phones are all squared away, of course.
    06-04-12 01:53 AM
    it exists already ... it's the Playbook (that will run BB10 after phones release)!
    Now, is a 4"2 Playbook a future hit ? mhhh ... wondering if that's not a little too small.
    I'd better go to a 5" eventually.
    Anyway, I guess it could cannibalize BB10 phones an the PB ... timing is the key here.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    06-04-12 02:12 AM
    I am just waiting for the Playbook 4G. Was thinking of getting the wifi version now, but no point to buy now and have to upgrade in a few months time. Mind you, it is SOOOO difficult to practice self-control here and not to just run out and buy the current Playbook. The incredible low price is not helping as well
    06-04-12 07:48 AM
    Who needs an ipod touch like device when every phone on the market, smart phone, can do what it can and more.
    06-04-12 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD