Due to security restrictions at my workplace, we aren't allowed to have camera phones. Yeah, sucks, but I'm sure quite a few of you have the same problem. This brings up the question, will any of the new BlackBerry models coming out (Bold, Javelin, Storm, whatever) have a non-camera version? Or are we stuck with the same old models?
    08-10-08 12:05 AM
    "Stuck with"? Yeah, guess we are. Then again, the biggest drawback to the 88xx series people mention is that it doesn't have a camera. Unfortunately, RIM is going to market to the masses with what they want.

Somebody else mentioned this issue in another thread - wanted to know if there were replacement battery doors without a cutout for the camera to fool security where they worked. Don't recall the outcome of the thread re: replacement doors, but the suggestion of a hard case or skin w/o a cutout was mentioned.
    08-10-08 12:11 AM
    It's very likely that RIM will address this issue of non camera 9000 model phones. BB are geared todards the Business Users and RIM is aware of security issues with Camera and the Security issues it posses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD