So the question is if Nokia should be looking over their shoulder at the new WP partner Samsung. After seeing the swath of damage left behind Samsung in the Android market I assume their is huge potential for Nokia to get its But kick going head to head with them in the WP market. If I were a Nokia fan/shareholder I would be very worried.
    Concidering they totaly jumped into bed with MS but now MS is a swinger
    09-16-12 12:42 AM
    I don't really see Samsung taking away to many sales, I would see hTC pushing harder in the WP channel then Samsung.
    Samsung pushes hard with Android and they will probably continue this as their main market is Android.
    Now HTC is struggling with Android as samsung is stealing thunder so I would bet they will try to do something else to get their market share up and push WP like they used to
    09-16-12 12:50 AM
    I don't really see Samsung taking away to many sales, I would see hTC pushing harder in the WP channel then Samsung.
    Samsung pushes hard with Android and they will probably continue this as their main market is Android.
    Now HTC is struggling with Android as samsung is stealing thunder so I would bet they will try to do something else to get their market share up and push WP like they used to
    Well htc did say that they are goning big on wp8 and they say they are going 50/50 in focus on wp8 and android .and Samsung is distancing themselves from google. So you'll see less android phones from Samsung and htc from now on
    09-16-12 12:59 AM
    of course yes,ever seen samsung started using Android Os

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-16-12 01:08 AM
    Well htc did say that they are goning big on wp8 and they say they are going 50/50 in focus on wp8 and android .and Samsung is distancing themselves from google. So you'll see less android phones from Samsung and htc from now on
    LOL. I doubt it. Definitely not in the short term.

Though, less churn might be good for Android.
    09-16-12 01:19 AM
    And why on earth would Samsung be "distancing" themselves from the very reason they are where they are today?
    09-16-12 01:39 AM
    And why on earth would Samsung be "distancing" themselves from the very reason they are where they are today?
    It sounded really fun to say, no? LOL.

I have finally understand that internet forums are a destination for folks to suspend reality and discuss fiction. It's an alternate universe, where we can have things the way we want them.
    09-16-12 01:45 AM
    they wouldn't it would not make sense from a business stand point, why chop your biggest profit to focus on a phone with an OS that in the past has proven to have low sales
    09-16-12 01:57 AM
    Is becuase they went through a tough trial and google didn't even help them. If Samsung partners with ms. They get protection from them and their devices. Mani g Samsung cannot be sued by apple becuase of ms's and apple agreement? If Samsung produces more wp devices. And if apple sues Samsung wp's devices they have to get through ms first which will be very tough
    09-16-12 01:57 AM
    If you look not that far into the future. I know we all can/do, Nokia looks to join the ranks of just another struggling hardware manufacture.
    My thoughts on RIM differ from many people here but compared to a nokia, I like the girth of their potential
    6 months from now the topics in this forum should be quite different.
    09-16-12 02:08 AM
    Is becuase they went through a tough trial and google didn't even help them. If Samsung partners with ms. They get protection from them and their devices. Mani g Samsung cannot be sued by apple becuase of ms's and apple agreement? If Samsung produces more wp devices. And if apple sues Samsung wp's devices they have to get through ms first which will be very tough
    i'm sorry where did you get this info?i've yet to hear any of this and would like to know where, i just can't see samsung dropping android because of apple, they'll make more money even with the lawsuits
    09-16-12 02:17 AM
    i'm sorry where did you get this info?i've yet to hear any of this and would like to know where, i just can't see samsung dropping android because of apple, they'll make more money even with the lawsuits
    It's pretty Obvious. That Samsung will do this
    09-16-12 02:23 AM
    It's pretty Obvious. That Samsung will do this
    so you have no source and you're just speculating?
    howarmat likes this.
    09-16-12 02:31 AM
    I can't see Apple suing Microsoft for WP because Microsoft did a good job differentiating their product. The OS looks nothing like the iPhone while Google Android is an obvious rip off of Symbian, Blackberry and iOS.

I'm glad Apple won in court over Samsung as a warning to the tech world. I'm no Apple fan boy but I sure hope HTC also losses in court to Apple as well as a warning to all Asian manufacture to stop violating copyright.
    09-16-12 02:53 AM
    so you have no source and you're just speculating?
    No wait. Not meaning Dropping Android I mean Putting more focus into Wp8. and advertising their Ativ Devices. Of course Sammy wouldn't drop Android
    09-16-12 03:08 AM
    I can't see Apple suing Microsoft for WP because Microsoft did a good job differentiating their product. The OS looks nothing like the iPhone while Google Android is an obvious rip off of Symbian, Blackberry and iOS.

I'm glad Apple won in court over Samsung as a warning to the tech world. I'm no Apple fan boy but I sure hope HTC also losses in court to Apple as well as a warning to all Asian manufacture to stop violating copyright.
    yea. I agree Android does have significant problems with IOS. Apple needs to Win this. This will gain MS and RIM. But more MS because it will make more OEMs adopt something different like Wp8 and BB10. since MS offers patent protection with almost every Android OEM. I do think Android OEMs will leave Android and leaving Sammy and HTC
    09-16-12 03:12 AM
    yea. I agree Android does have significant problems with IOS. Apple needs to Win this. This will gain MS and RIM. But more MS because it will make more OEMs adopt something different like Wp8 and BB10. since MS offers patent protection with almost every Android OEM. I do think Android OEMs will leave Android and leaving Sammy and HTC
    I think you live in fairy tale land or smoke to much weed.

Of course Samsung will advertize their Windows Phones. But Samsung will not put less focus on Android unless Microsoft somehow manages to make Windows Phone a mind blowing success with the launch of Windows 8/RT.

Seriously, forget the lawsuit. It's not important. Samsung is appealing. Sure you get "Protection" from Microsoft, but it comes in the same form as protection from the mob - through high licensing fees. You know what Android doesn't charge and why Google couldn't step in? Licensing fees. Android is open source and free to use. Sure to have access to Google services you have to join the OHA and play by Googles rules, but it's still free software.

Plus, what company in their right minds would want to put all their effort into Windows Phone when not only do they have to pay for the privilege, they are always going to get treated like they are second rate behind the favored OEM, Nokia. Only Nokia gets special privileges and $1 billion a year from Microsoft to float their sinking ship. Why do you think there was a mass exodus of OEM partners and only 4 companies remain?

Everyone else will learn from Samsung, and not use the infringing tech in their android phones to avoid lawsuits, but not very many OEMs are stupid enough to be the red headed step child and pay for the privilege in the Windows Phone ecosystem.

Bottom line is, Samsung is a multi-OS vendor and that's not changing any time soon. Android will not be impacted as a whole by the loss in court of Samsung to Apple in California. Windows Phone has been on the market for 2 years and stayed flat and it is unknown at this time if that trend will change with Windows 8, but not many companies are willing to take the risk.
    09-16-12 07:41 AM
    I'm sorry but what? Galaxy S3s are flying off the shelves almost as fast as iPhones fly off the shelves. To stop producing Android phones will be cutting off 80+% of their revenue. That even with the lawsuits left right and centre, will net them more profit overall than going all-in with WP8... plus, aren't they starting on Tizen OS? Surely they'll put more effort into that than WP8...

I'll have what you're having...
    09-16-12 08:20 AM
    No wait. Not meaning Dropping Android I mean Putting more focus into Wp8. and advertising their Ativ Devices. Of course Sammy wouldn't drop Android
    i don't mean drop them i know you mean change their focus and its highly doubtfull that the OS with the largest market share which is also dominated by Samsung would even consider to focus more on WP8 which didn't impress me much
    09-16-12 12:27 PM
    So judging by the fact that nobody even cares to discuss Nokia's chances in the future WP market, speaks for itself. Their in trouble.
    09-16-12 06:06 PM
    So judging by the fact that nobody even cares to discuss Nokia's chances in the future WP market, speaks for itself. Their in trouble.
    Nokia's fate heavily weighs on the future of Windows Phone, which is not necessarily optimistic.

Of course, Nokia has had somewhat of an impact in establishing itself as the premier WP OEM. If WP succeeds, Nokia will have a whole lot more to gain than Samsung or HTC. Nokia is dominating WP right now.

It seems kind of ironic that a for license OS can be a differentiator but I'd argue Nokia has pulled it off.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 09-16-12 at 06:20 PM.
    09-16-12 06:18 PM
    Never liked the idea of nokia jumping into bed with ms, unless if it was assured a monogamous relationship.

Nokia dropped megoo, now it is just one of many with ms. It deserved more, perhaps they now jump into Google's bed.
    09-16-12 06:38 PM
    Never liked the idea of nokia jumping into bed with ms, unless if it was assured a monogamous relationship.

Nokia dropped megoo, now it is just one of many with ms. It deserved more, perhaps they now jump into Google's bed.
    No, not many lol all but three other Oems jumped off the MS Metro sinking ship. They watched as Microsoft dictated low end specs and knew full well Windows Phone 7 was just the public beta with no future. The only ones who didn't know it was the consumers but they still rejected the Os anyway. We will see if they X8 and ATIV S and New lumias will be enough to finally gain more then a marginal consumer interest in Windows Phone. But the middle finger they gave current customers and the insulting juvenile building blocks ui probably means it will continue to struggle. Of course I don't own a crystal ball and that's just my opinion on the ui so who knows but it will be fun to watch.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    09-16-12 06:52 PM
    HTC's new 8X and 8S with Windows Phone 8: the full story | The Verge

So now HTC has jumped into the fray and is going head to head with Nokia as well. In an attempt to secure some of the holiday shoppers dollars. If you look at the link above it clearly shows HTC has decided to offer the exact same color schemes as Nokia on the WP OS. Wow the phones look so much alike I can't tell them apart! With no loyal following in NA, things are looking difficult for Nokia.
    On the other hand I believe this offers a clear differentiation for RIM. If I was RIM looking to license my spanking new OS, I would limit the amount of hardware providers at first. With a deal in place, that the hardware provider has an effective marketing push behind the product. Not all hardware manufacturers could pull that off. But I know one that can. Samsung.
    Interesting days ahead for sure!!!
    09-19-12 08:49 PM
    I think Nokia's biggest worry is that they switched to an OS that has yet to generate sales, even when the carriers gave them away. If WP8 bombs we will be told WP8.5 will take over the world, just like we were told with WP7, then again with WP7.5. Meanwhile RIM keeps selling more of these horrible BBOS phones that nobody wants then theses spectacular Windows Phones.
    09-19-12 08:59 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD