This is a surprise. TechCrunch is reporting that Nokia has an exclusive arrangement with Zinio for Windows Phone 8 (side note: this is making the Lumia 920 look better and better). I have to wonder if this suggests that Zinio are branching out a bit, or wait for a new platform to stabilize before supporting it.

"Zinio ultimately hopes to use its Windows Phone build as an archetype for the iOS and Android experience, one of the few times we’ve seen a developer try to push the design envelope on WP first and translate the experience to other platforms later."

Digital Magazine App Zinio Will Make Its Windows Phone Debut As A Nokia Lumia Exclusive | TechCrunch

EDIT

I'm pointing this out since Zinio has been on the playbook for some time, and given that the Playbook is similar to BB10 in software, it could have been a relatively simple matter to update for BB10. Yet we see a new release for Windows Phone, which arguably has less market share than Blackberry, depending on who you ask.
    Last edited by grant.palin; 03-28-13 at 12:53 PM.
    03-28-13 12:13 PM
    A nice get for Nokia. Things are heating up for them now. Hopefully BlackBerry gets similar interest.
    03-28-13 12:27 PM
    Who cares? I had to Google zinio since I didn't know what it was. Also this is the cb board. Go to windows 7 or 8 or whatever Microsoft is calling their ever changing and failing OS I have yet to see one windows phone in the wild.....not one...not even a single user...not one...not even one.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-28-13 12:36 PM
    pb already has zinio......has had it for over a year.
    who cares if wp8 is getting it now
    03-28-13 12:38 PM
    Yeah I have it on my PlayBook. Should be easy to port to the Z10.
    03-28-13 12:44 PM
    Ya, but Zinio on the PlayBook sucks. It has problems with certain magazines and I've basically given up on them.
    03-28-13 12:47 PM
    if Windows 8 is a failure in your opinion ..how do you call BB10?
    Who cares? I had to Google zinio since I didn't know what it was. Also this is the cb board. Go to windows 7 or 8 or whatever Microsoft is calling their ever changing and failing OS I have yet to see one windows phone in the wild.....not one...not even a single user...not one...not even one.

Posted via CB10
    schmeat and sexybabe88 like this.
    03-28-13 12:54 PM
    if Windows 8 is a failure in your opinion ..how do you call BB10?
    Agreed. Calling windows phone 8 a failure is pretty stupid with it currently out selling bb10 and has more official apps while bb10's apps are basically are almost all crap android ports. When bb10 is even more a failure. Sorry but that is the truth

Sent using my z10
    Etios and schmeat like this.
    03-28-13 05:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol at this not even one?
    Well bb10 already have its own newsstand with magazines and newspapers.

Btw I'm in New York City and I never seen a Window 8 phone in the wild or a z10 for the matter. Doesn't make it a failure

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 05:46 PM
    Agreed. I haven't seen a Single Z10 since it started selling in US. my local Store sold only one Z10 this week. when I asked about WPs. he said that that they are pretty popular right now. and selling more than the Z10

the user Mrfreetruth is a truly an idiotic person
    Etios likes this.
    03-28-13 05:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Rapid fire quick draw DIRECTLY out of the gate with the A55pain.

Comedy gold!
    03-28-13 05:58 PM
    Agreed. I haven't seen a Single Z10 since it started selling in US. my local Store sold only one Z10 this week. when I asked about WPs. he said that that they are pretty popular right now. and selling more than the Z10

Just to play devils advocate, it's been a whole week with one carrier and almost 2 days with the other. I wouldn't expect to see one either. I do know one person, on fb, that has a WP8
    03-28-13 06:06 PM
    Ehh. Nokia only gets these type of apps because they have Microsoft on their side because of their partnership. This thread feels like it needs to be on WPCentral.
    03-28-13 10:11 PM
    LOL its a FACT you lonely Window phone /Microsoft employees know to well. No one is even talking about or cares about wp. Go back to your windows board Microsoft employees. No one would be stupid to buy a Windows Phone. Not one person...not one...not even one.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 10:14 PM
    Well, here's the reply from Zinio regarding an app for BlackBerry 10.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Zinio Customer Support.

Yes, we are currently working on an App for the Blackberry Z10 and it will be compatible soon with the device. Please wait for a few weeks and we'll update you as soon as it is available for release.
    Hopefully it's a version based on the windows phone 8 version instead of the playbook.

Anyway, I don't think it's a surprise. Since windows phone 8 was out earlier and have more users on it compared to bb10. But the surprise is that they chose to use windows phone 8 to showcase their new design. Looks interesting too.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:25 AM
    LOL its a FACT you lonely Window phone /Microsoft employees know to well. No one is even talking about or cares about wp. Go back to your windows board Microsoft employees. No one would be stupid to buy a Windows Phone. Not one person...not one...not even one.

Posted via CB10
    And people are clamouring to buy the Z10. What an ignorant post...and I don't even have a WP.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-29-13 05:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    So are you saying that people are stupid to buy a WP. Even people who want two try it are you calling them stupid?. Even though its was their choice to get what they want.. I Wonder who's ever gonna care about BB10 then. With the horrible carrier support in dunno. Dude I have a z10 you *****. I know what I'm talking about.

You sir took ignorance to a whole new level.

Dude you have multiple personality disorder of something because
    I swear you do

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 06:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you trying to be a jacka$$ or were you born that way? Come on the OP was just raising a point for discussion. You don't need to bash him like that.
    03-29-13 06:42 AM

Hahaha. I haven't seen a z10 in the wild yet, whereas at least I could see wp in the wild. Not just older wp, but wp8 devices.

Soon after the z10 launched in my country, I was at a carrier store looking to see how their product placement is. I saw 8 HTC One on their centre display for Demos, lots if ppl trying them. Z10 was located in a corner of the store. I overheard 2 girls beside me talking about HTC 8X. While Z10 demos were empty. Not 1 person went to try it in the 15 mind I was there despite the store having a decent size crowd.

Not trolling or anything, just reporting what I saw. And ignoring older devices, at the moment wp8 definitely has more market share compared to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 07:45 AM
    Same for me, never saw somebody with windows phone. But here in Germany some companys thinking about a change to WP 8, because they completly in love with microsoft. I have had some testdevice from our provider, terrible, you must realy love MS to love this device.
    03-29-13 07:59 AM
    Same for me, never saw somebody with windows phone. But here in Germany some companys thinking about a change to WP 8, because they completly in love with microsoft. I have had some testdevice (lumia920) from our provider, terrible, you must realy love MS to love this device.
    03-29-13 08:04 AM
    Late to the game but WP also has temple run now, among the other popular apps coming their way. Best of all, all their apps are native. I wonder how long it will take rim to realize that the android player is destroying their ecosystem.
    Etios likes this.
    03-29-13 11:37 AM
    Late to the game but WP also has temple run now, among the other popular apps coming their way. Best of all, all their apps are native. I wonder how long it will take rim to realize that the android player is destroying their ecosystem.
    The android player is their only shot right now. They wouldn't have **** for apps if it weren't for that.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    03-29-13 12:30 PM
    Agreed. Calling windows phone 8 a failure is pretty stupid with it currently out selling bb10
    I like Windows Phone fine, but I wouldn't call it a roaring success. Given how many partners run it, Microsoft's big expensive push and a two plus year head start on BlackBerry 10, it's hardly made a dent in the marketplace.

Sorry, but *THAT'S* the truth. How it compares to a platform that has not quite been in market 60 days (let alone globally) is not really an indicator of its success.

apps while bb10's apps are basically are almost all crap android ports.
    If you want to lend weight to your argument, don't pull random, made-up stats out of your backside and pass them off as fact! I agree completely that Windows Phone has done a great job building the ecosystem and also landing some key apps that BlackBerry has not. However, unless you've downloaded and tried all 100,000 apps, quit making **** up about them being all "Android ports" or all "crap". On the Android thing, see my post below.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 03-29-13 at 01:16 PM.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    03-29-13 12:51 PM
    The android player is their only shot right now. They wouldn't have **** for apps if it weren't for that.
    DailyTech - 20 Percent of BlackBerry 10 Apps are Android Apps
    BlackBerry Says 80% Of BB10 Apps Are Native - Development - Mobility
    03-29-13 12:52 PM
41 12