But the point is: Windows Phone is selling. You can look at it any way you want, but at the end of the day, that's all that matters
    it's sad but true.
    04-22-14 07:27 PM
    it's sad but true.
    You can also argue that BlackBerry also had plenty of money (of course not anywhere close to Microsoft), but they just didn't know how to spend it. They spend it on R&D for devices that a monkey could tell you would fail (like the 9720 and the Q10) and didn't know how to market.
    04-22-14 07:34 PM
    Shiiiii number one Nokia is dead cuz they are now WP and with the billions of commercials they are still failing! Here in Nigeria all their commercials are about BBM... *Did you know this phone got bbm? Bbm!?!?* Lmao when they use our almighty app to advertise their ****ty products and still throwing jabs at us..lmao aint that ridiculous?!?!
    04-22-14 07:58 PM
    Like so many uninformed posters you write from a point of total ignorance. The fact that you interchange Windows Phone with Windows Mobile tells me you know nothing about either. The Windows CE-based WM was having BlackBerry's lunch, dinner and dessert in the late 2000s and the current iteration of Windows Phone, which is NT-based, has surpassed BB's market share. There is no question in my mind that OS10 is much better than WP8 but I'm in the minority. Sad, but true. I'm anxiously awaiting the Classic and I hope the naming has the same effect that Coke Classic had in the 80s after the failed "New Coke" experiment. By the way, it tasted horrible with Bacardi.
    I'm just a consumer and I'm going by what I see out in the real world. As I said, I don't have evidence but it seems to me that sales are low as few people own them.

You, like the other comment that was deleted, are making way too much out of nothing. I was simply referring to Windows on the phone. I'm sorry, mister genius, for not using the correct name. Then again, you're more about attacking someone on a forum over trivial things rather than answering a simple question.

I don't care of the technical names/versions what have you. Microsoft has yet to prove to me they make a great product. I've seen more BlackBerry devices than Windows. Those are my observations. That's all I was saying.

emPowered by ?
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    04-22-14 08:14 PM
    I'm just a consumer and I'm going by what I see out in the real world. As I said, I don't have evidence but it seems to me that sales are low as few people own them.

You, like the other comment that was deleted, are making way too much out of nothing. I was simply referring to Windows on the phone. I'm sorry, mister genius, for not using the correct name. Then again, you're more about attacking someone on a forum over trivial things rather than answering a simple question.

I don't care of the technical names/versions what have you. Microsoft has yet to prove to me they make a great product. I've seen more BlackBerry devices than Windows. Those are my observations. That's all I was saying.

emPowered by ?
    Well considering that people are getting p!ssed over "trivial things" such as the misspelling (not even a misspelling) of BlackBerry, wouldn't it make sense for him to do the same to your error? Windows Phone and Windows Mobile are completely different. It's like calling BB10 BBOS.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    04-22-14 08:24 PM
    Simple thing, that. Autocorrect often changes words typed, and they get missed in the posting of a thread. It's an easy fix for the mod team, if we know about it. Picking a bone over minor details derails a thread unnecessarily.
    You didn't just do the same?

My comment was completely on topic. Companies, News sources often misspell BlackBerry. As stated before, it is my opinion. Just as quoted above, you have yours. Chill out a bit, you have yours, I have mine. End of conversation.

Posted via CB10
    AbaddonPiss likes this.
    04-22-14 08:24 PM
    MS needs to fix their OS first before spending billions on hipsters advertising this phone on youtube.
    04-22-14 08:25 PM
    MS needs to fix their OS first before spending billions on hipsters advertising this phone on youtube.
    What's to fix? I'm curious because you've made a few blanket statements thus far.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    04-22-14 08:26 PM

emPowered by ?

If Windows mobile and Windows phone are the same thing, then BBOS and BB10 are the same thing.
    04-22-14 08:31 PM
    Well in some ways Nokia/Microsoft are correct. Nothing on earth is slower to start up than a Blackberry. What exactly a Blackberry is doing that takes it so long is anyone's guess. Then there is the old and backward aspects of Blackberry, like the pathetically poor background network connection management that even the capabilities of a seven year old Nokia feature phone would embarras the newest Blackberry. Do we even need to go there with maps? Nokia Maps/Here is the gold standard in mobile navigation that everyone else aspires too, especially BlackBerry.

Some people need to pull their heads out of the sand and take a reality check, your beloved BlackBerry is a long way off being the all conquoring supreme mobile phone. It is left wanting in many aspects some of wgich Nokia clearly win over.
    The slow boot has been discussed numerous times. It's a security check to ensure system files haven't been tampered.

Probably to prevent attacks like kon boot for Windows that bypass login screen and get full access.
    04-22-14 08:35 PM
    If by "fix" you mean make it look boring and generic like all the other mobile operating systems on the market then there's absolutely nothing to "fix" on WP, it's fine the way it is.

You seem to make lots of uninformed blanket statements about WP, I would suggest you stop it.
    cckgz4 and JeepBB like this.
    04-22-14 08:36 PM
    The slow boot has been discussed numerous times. It's a security check to ensure system files haven't been tampered.

Probably to prevent attacks like kon boot for Windows that bypass login screen and get full access.
    I thought the security check was only for BBOS and not BB10?
    04-22-14 08:37 PM
    If by "fix" you mean make it look boring and generic like all the other mobile operating systems on the market then there's absolutely nothing to "fix" on WP, it's fine the way it is.

You seem to make lots of blanket statements about WP, I would suggest you stop it.
    And 8.1 adds some welcomed new features. Looks pretty fantastic IMO. But branching off of what you said, Windows Phone is the only OS that's really different. iOS (and even BB10) feel just like app launchers while Android's widgets feel slightly awkward and redundant as far as I'm concerned. The Tiles in Windows Phone are great. They're the app AND the widget. And the OS is probably the most exciting
    cckgz4, JeepBB and neo158 like this.
    04-22-14 08:40 PM
    I think this one backfired.
    04-22-14 08:44 PM
    If Windows mobile and Windows phone are the same thing, then BBOS and BB10 are the same thing.
    I never said they were the same. As I already stated, I was simply referring to Windows on a phone - mobilized.

emPowered by ?
    04-22-14 08:44 PM
    And 8.1 adds some welcomed new features. Looks pretty fantastic IMO. But branching off of what you said, Windows Phone is the only OS that's really different. iOS (and even BB10) feel just like app launchers while Android's widgets feel slightly awkward and redundant as far as I'm concerned. The Tiles in Windows Phone are great. They're the app AND the widget. And the OS is probably the most exciting
    It is fantastic, I'm running it on my Windows Phone. The new features are ones that the community has been asking for and while its taken a long time to get them into the OS but the way they are integrated is much better than Android.
    ajst222 and cckgz4 like this.
    04-22-14 08:46 PM
    It is fantastic, I'm running it on my Windows Phone. The new features are ones that the community has been asking for and while its taken a long time to get them into the OS but the way they are integrated is much better than Android.
    I think a good key word to describe Windows Phone (and Microsoft as a whole) is "integrated". They really have that going for them.
    neo158 likes this.
    04-22-14 08:52 PM
    Firstly,nokia lost. They lost the mobile wars when they were fricking bought by microsoft so nokia doesnt even exist anymore in my opinion. Nokia is microsoft, period. So we got ios, android, BB10 and wp. Now I wonder how much microsoft has spent on marketing since they bought nokia.... and now I wonder how much blackberry has spent on marketing since nokia lost and was bought by microsoft... hmmm if you do a simple google search you can see that BlackBerry has been selling millions of phones a year with little to no marketing at all. microsoft on the other hand has spent billions on marketing billions! And they are barely selling more than BlackBerry phones so thats what I would call microsoft sucks and blackberry is boss.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    WTF?? Nokia does still exist. They have their HERE, NSN and telecommunications divisions. Only their Devices and Services division is with MS. Shows how uneducated you are.
    Laura Knotek, ajst222 and neo158 like this.
    04-22-14 09:00 PM
    I never said they were the same. As I already stated, I was simply referring to Windows on a phone - mobilized.

emPowered by ?

Am I am just referring to an operating system made by BlackBerry.
    ajst222 likes this.
    04-22-14 09:18 PM
    Am I am just referring to an operating system made by BlackBerry.
    You're not really saying anything. You're just trolling like your friends. I haven't seen many Windows powered phones in use and that was what my comment was about.

This applies to the poster above as well.

emPowered by ?
    04-22-14 09:27 PM
    You're not really saying anything. You're just trolling like your friends. I haven't seen many Windows powered phones in use and that was what my comment was about.

emPowered by ?

If trolling is stating facts, then you've got a weird definition of what the word trolling means. Your anecdotes mean nothing. I've never seen a BB 10 phone except for the one that I bought when they had to seriously slash their prices, and no store around me even stocks them.
    neo158 likes this.
    04-22-14 09:31 PM

This applies to the poster above as well.

emPowered by ?
    I haven't seen a BB10 phone once. In fact, I haven't seen a single BlackBerry phone at all in years. I've seen plenty of Windows Phones and I know several people who own them. It's definitely a regional thing, so it's nothing to really jump to drastic conclusions over
    neo158, Laura Knotek and JeepBB like this.
    04-22-14 09:34 PM
    If trolling is stating facts, then you've got a weird definition of what the word trolling means. Your anecdotes mean nothing. I've never seen a BB 10 phone except for the one that I bought when they had to seriously slash their prices, and no store around me even stocks them.
    I have seen BB10 devices. No Windows powered ones. I'm stating facts as well.

emPowered by ?
    byex likes this.
    04-22-14 09:34 PM
    Gather all weapons and ammo. its war.
    ... and bring up some bangalores!!!
    04-22-14 09:39 PM
    I have seen BB10 devices. No Windows powered ones. I'm stating facts as well.

emPowered by ?
    Which just highlights that it's obviously a regional thing as here in the UK all I see are Windows Phones and Androids!!!

I'm also stating facts and we can't all be right!!!!
    ajst222 and cckgz4 like this.
    04-22-14 09:41 PM
106 12345