I have Yet to see a single wp... not one....not even one.

Posted via CB10
    Whats wp got to do with this?

Did anyone actually read the article?
    04-25-13 08:20 AM
    Saw their prototype!

Nokia QWERTY coming soon-img_00000672.jpg

Posted via Z10
    04-25-13 01:51 PM
    Q10 will smash this device LOL

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:59 PM
    Does anyone else have a Windows Phone device running a QWERTY? I quite like that OS, but it strikes me as completely touch oriented. Almost like the exact problem when BlackBerry tried to do touchscreens on an OS never really designed for that experience.

I could be wrong, but wondering how NOkia would pull it off. Didn't think you even could do much WP customization like Android.
    04-25-13 02:13 PM
    Microsoft refuses to add QWERTY support to WP8. That's why Nokia can only come up with a QWETY Asha phone.
    04-25-13 02:28 PM
    Microsoft refuses to add QWERTY support to WP8. That's why Nokia can only come up with a QWETY Asha phone.
    Then this is really a competitor to the BlackBerry 6 and 7 devices I guess. One phone running a phased out OS against another set of phones with a phased out OS.
    04-25-13 05:16 PM
    Amazes me how many people want a phone/company to fail. This keeps happening and innovative technology will be worthless as everything will seem the same.

Welcome a different platform so we can keep technology going forward!

God forbid you diehards go against the grain.

Fancy pants Note ||:-)
    04-25-13 06:43 PM
    Funny seeing the comments here...let's hope BB employees know a little more about the market than most of you do...

The Asha line is a stop gap between their candy bar devices and their true smartphones...Nokia sell around 70 million candy bar phones each quarter...the asha line is to give the developing world a taste of the smartphone market. You need to realize that in most of the world there are no subsidization of phones...BB10 devices that have been released up to now are far too expensive for most of the developing world...
    This Nokia Asha line is selling for less than $100 off contract...every BB10 device is over $600 off contract...
    Different product for a different market.

However, BB desperately needs a product for these markets or they are finished...they are never going to be able to rely on western markets for their future business as they are fighting a lost cause for the next 3-5 years. They really need a sub $200 BB10 device with low data costs similar to the older generation BB devices

Nokia will sell more of this Qwerty phone than BB will sell of their Qwerty phone...just not in NA or Europe
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-25-13 06:46 PM
    Q10 will smash this device LOL

Posted via CB10
    Sure it will. However you could buy almost ten of those Ashas for the price of a single Blackberry Q10. That is something you should keep in mind.
    04-26-13 06:46 AM
    Does anyone else have a Windows Phone device running a QWERTY? I quite like that OS, but it strikes me as completely touch oriented. Almost like the exact problem when BlackBerry tried to do touchscreens on an OS never really designed for that experience.

I could be wrong, but wondering how NOkia would pull it off. Didn't think you even could do much WP customization like Android.
    I had a Motorola q9h. Is that counted?? It was running windows mobile 5.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 02:04 PM
35 12