As I write this on my Bold I wonder if the new OS will be Linux based. A couple of things come to mind with smartphones. First there are those that like touch screens
    And others that like using a track ball. While the N900 doesn't have a touch screen it most likely will compete with Bold like devices.

The N900 is designed to work like a full fledge desktop with fully functional browser using Fierfox code.

There are several reviews on it. Depending on tbe reviewer's point view it may not not be as objective in reporting as it should. You can take away what is important to your idea as to what is important features in a smart phone.

Go Google it and let me know what you think of it.

Have a great day!

Mike
    09-07-09 12:16 PM
    We will have to see about this. I think that the Nokia N900 will have to be sold by tmobile usa to have a greater impact at a lower price.
    09-07-09 05:22 PM
    We will have to see about this. I think that the Nokia N900 will have to be sold by tmobile usa to have a greater impact at a lower price.
    I agree it is a bit pricey at least for now. I looks like it will be more received in Euro than maybe here in states but there will several services like ATT that will be watching it.
    The original point was it can spark the industry not to sit on there rear ends in improving there OS and browser features.
    In addtion I don't think touch screens is a major factor in a purchase of a smart phone. The reason I purchased my Bold was company's ability to provide a grat product.
    I personaly don't like touch screens. One of the main factors in my purchase of the Bold and what features were important to me in my line of work.

Competition is a great thing and reduces complaciency.

Let me guess your a Met's fan! Your a rough crowd at game.

Mike
    09-07-09 09:45 PM
    Anxiously waiting to see that threat from Nokia to comes true.
    09-08-09 03:25 AM
    Security of N900 with an open os is still a big question mark. Corporate user will still prefer the secure BB bes
    09-08-09 04:05 AM
    i don't see a nokia smartphone beating out a blackberry in sales happening any time soon
    09-09-09 08:01 PM
    i don't see a nokia smartphone beating out a blackberry in sales happening any time soon
    There's a lot of people that buy Nokias.. Especially over seas. It's a lot more popular out there. Don't know what their quarterly sales are, or Blackberrys as well.

That N900 is baaaadddddd though! 32 gb internal memory, Carl Zeiss 5 MP camera, QWERTY keypad. LOL it looks dope to me, and I don't even like touchscreen phones!

T-Mobile might be pickin' it up I hear.
    09-16-09 02:03 AM
    While the N900 doesn't have a touch screen it most likely will compete with Bold like devices.
    Come again?

09-16-09 03:02 PM
    Security of N900 with an open os is still a big question mark. Corporate user will still prefer the secure BB bes
    generally open source operating systems are *more* secure. Linux generally has a good security reputation.. you know..seeing as it's used by every government agency, runs the internet etc.. The LInux OS on the Nokia N900 is the same as any other Linux.. just different GUI..

With an N900 and Linux you'll be able to make your own security modules or third party programs.

I don't see the US govt converting to the N900 anytime soon away from Black Berry.

I'd say the Nokia N900 is just as secure as a Black Berry if not even more secure however Black Berry's **** don't stink when it comes to security. They are the most secure phone used by govt. agencies world wide for a reason.

Just don't dismiss the security of a Linux OS.
    09-16-09 04:50 PM
    In order for nokia to get some of the marketshare they're phones have to be attractive in price. I don't think it can compete with a $199 bold or iphone. I have a feeling nokia will price themselves out even if they have a good solid phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 04:09 AM
    None of you people seem to realize Nokia has by far the biggest international market share for smartphones.
    09-18-09 06:52 AM
    As I write this on my Bold I wonder if the new OS will be Linux based. A couple of things come to mind with smartphones. First there are those that like touch screens
    And others that like using a track ball. While the N900 doesn't have a touch screen it most likely will compete with Bold like devices.

The N900 is designed to work like a full fledge desktop with fully functional browser using Fierfox code.

There are several reviews on it. Depending on tbe reviewer's point view it may not not be as objective in reporting as it should. You can take away what is important to your idea as to what is important features in a smart phone.

Go Google it and let me know what you think of it.

Have a great day!

Mike

the N900 DOES have a touch screen
    09-18-09 10:09 AM
    Nokia is the #1 cell manufacturer in the world.....the market just died in the u.s......does anyone not remember when most phones on major u.s. networks were nokias.....???......they have a huge marketshare elsewhere worldwide.....and have solid and reliable phones.......im not saying there wont be bugs.....but with the features ive seen...and the Linux OS(i am a proud linux user)....it will beat any phone on the market right now hands down......
    09-18-09 10:13 AM
    also....the motorola sholes will be a N900 type smartphone from what ive seen so far......it will run on android on verizon
    09-18-09 10:17 AM
    also....the motorola sholes will be a N900 type smartphone from what ive seen so far......it will run on android on verizon
    This is what intrests me the most, the sholes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 01:49 PM
    I have been watching the thread I started to see what comments would be made. Bottom line is there are going to be some cool stuff coming out within the following year that we all can reap the benifits.

Call it tech war for the smartphones. All of the carriers and cell phone manufactures will be at odds with each other trying to push their products and services. You could say we are in the drivers seat to decide who wins or doesn't win.

Thanks for the post people. It was interesting reading.

Mike
    09-19-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD