I think Nokia Did a great job and seeing my z10 I start thinking Did I made a mistake...hope I didn't... waiting to see more of BlackBerry 10 with BlackBerry a10....a apt processor, a good camera and a more stable os with 10.2 on the way

The best phone in the world
    07-11-13 10:37 PM
    I found the Z10 camera to be very good once I figured out how to use it properly. With that being said, I'm sure it pales in comparison to the camera on the 1020.
    I'm rocken the Z10 and lovin it
    07-11-13 10:43 PM
    Still they didn't add any HDMI port that both the BB10 devices has and the previous Symbian camera phones has.
    07-12-13 04:12 AM
    Your Z10 (as well as the Q10) has a quite decent camera. Surely not the best in the business, but still pretty decent. Nokia is all about cameras, they've always been since the very first camera-phones have been released and kept evolving ever since. When they switched to Windows Phone, they continued this way. Their CEO Stephen Elop once said, they can't and won't compete on a pure spec race and instead will (have to) try a different way. This way is overall user experience, which goes beyond the fastest multi-core processors or the highest amount of RAM. With Windows Phone they do have a plattform which performs very well even on budget hardware, as you can see on their latest Lumia 520 and 620 models.

Now they promote their great cameras, beyond the actual hardware, they are promoting customized camera software as well as having photography topics on their company blog and channels. They focus on design, another thing Nokia has always been famous for. This goes hand in hand with durability, another well known feat Nokia was always very good at. You could throw everything you want at your Nokia (or vice versa throw your Nokia at everything you want) and it keeps working. Of course it doesn't, yet there are internet memes out there supporting this and their devices are still more than solid in terms of build quality. Last but not least it is the interesting and still fresh UI Windows Phone has to offer, it is easy and fun to use (at least for me) and goes well with their device designs. It is a great overall package.

BlackBerry has yet to create a similar overall package with BB10. They had one with their legacy devices, however the whole phone market changed since then and now BlackBerry needs to keep reinventing themselves.

As for your initial thought: Did you make a mistake? I am pretty sure there have been reasons why you spent your money on the Z10. Did it meet your expectations and does it satisfy your needs? The new Lumia is no super device, there are still some pretty basic things Windows Phone 8 is suffering from and if you'd choosen a WP8 device back then, you might now question yourself if it was a mistake to buy it, rather than waiting for the Z10.
    PTZ likes this.
    07-12-13 04:41 AM
    The entire presentation was around a camera that sticks out of the body of the phone. The camera was impressive for sure but the damn thing is UGLY.

Posted via CB10
    hkkelvinlee likes this.
    07-12-13 05:49 AM
    I think this Lumia will fail royally due to sheer ugliness.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:16 AM
    Taking pictures and posting them online seem to be big with some people today.

Or just taking pictures.

I see a lot of post here about the Z10 having a good camera. I'd really have to disagree from my experience with that. It is much better than previous BlackBerry I've owned. And with the right lighting, time and patience you can get some good shots. But most pictures don't come out very good when just doing a quick comparison with other smartphones.

But I can see focusing on a really good photo experience could attract some users. ( especially if you have instagram)

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:50 AM
    I give Nokia credit for trying different ideas and tapping into different markets. Even if they fail, they tried. Blackberry can't really say they tried.
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    07-12-13 07:01 AM
    Nokia now has a huge USP, literally lol
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-12-13 07:08 AM
    Your Z10 (as well as the Q10) has a quite decent camera. Surely not the best in the business, but still pretty decent. Nokia is all about cameras, they've always been since the very first camera-phones have been released and kept evolving ever since. When they switched to Windows Phone, they continued this way. Their CEO Stephen Elop once said, they can't and won't compete on a pure spec race and instead will (have to) try a different way. This way is overall user experience, which goes beyond the fastest multi-core processors or the highest amount of RAM. With Windows Phone they do have a plattform which performs very well even on budget hardware, as you can see on their latest Lumia 520 and 620 models.

Now they promote their great cameras, beyond the actual hardware, they are promoting customized camera software as well as having photography topics on their company blog and channels. They focus on design, another thing Nokia has always been famous for. This goes hand in hand with durability, another well known feat Nokia was always very good at. You could throw everything you want at your Nokia (or vice versa throw your Nokia at everything you want) and it keeps working. Of course it doesn't, yet there are internet memes out there supporting this and their devices are still more than solid in terms of build quality. Last but not least it is the interesting and still fresh UI Windows Phone has to offer, it is easy and fun to use (at least for me) and goes well with their device designs. It is a great overall package.

BlackBerry has yet to create a similar overall package with BB10. They had one with their legacy devices, however the whole phone market changed since then and now BlackBerry needs to keep reinventing themselves.

As for your initial thought: Did you make a mistake? I am pretty sure there have been reasons why you spent your money on the Z10. Did it meet your expectations and does it satisfy your needs? The new Lumia is no super device, there are still some pretty basic things Windows Phone 8 is suffering from and if you'd choosen a WP8 device back then, you might now question yourself if it was a mistake to buy it, rather than waiting for the Z10.
    I am a very happy z 10 user but some time lack of apps and seeing those apps as natives make me feel jealous of windows phone

The best phone in the world
    07-12-13 11:17 PM