05-19-09 01:50 PM
31 12
tools
    Seriously I paid $100 for my storm, that is a rip off. You could have bought a couple of computers!
    Yeah, unless I'm looking on eBay (where you can either buy low-priced items or ridiculously overpriced items) the most I've seen a Storm go for was around $600. I got my BB Curve for $100; if I had $1500 to blow on a phone, I'd probably buy something other than a phone, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 10:00 AM
    ^^^ Even still, I pass the blame more on Verizon than RIM...
    I am thinking same like you....
    04-21-09 12:06 AM
    so if its the O.S. and not the hardware whats this talk about storm 2. why start something new if the original aint fixed yet. Is the storm 2 really coming down the pipe
    04-24-09 08:13 PM
    I am not sure but I think so...
    05-18-09 02:53 AM
    Basically what it says to me is Storm 1 owners are screwed. I thought the 1st guy put his foot in his mouth telling us all to expect buggy software from now on, but now the CEO too? Where does RIM get these guys.
    RIM didn't get these guys anywhere - they are RIM's co-founders.
    05-19-09 01:44 PM
    Windows Vista is also another perfect example. Putting out an operating system like Vista with as many bugs (many known before it was ever released) just shows how "welcome" the idea of releasing flawed product is these days. It just amazes me that low-quality releases (and lazy programming) is allowed and acceptable.

It's like a used car salesman using a temprary fix to stop a leak. Sure, it can be fixed later, but selling something you know has a problem???

I understand you can't know everything about a product being released, and fixing things that are found later, but releasing something when you know the problems??? That's what gets me.
    The problems with Vista were not only bugs and\or driver issues. There were serious design issues. Changes have been made that actually took steps backwards...three clicks to perform functions that used to take one. Add to that the hardware resources required to get acceptable performance from the OS and you have a real problem.

The Storm was a case of the Accountants telling the Developers what to do. Getting the product out by the Holiday season took precedence over sound engineering.
    05-19-09 01:50 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD