It's up to BlackBerry to change mis-perceptions about their products to increase market share.
    I mostly agree.
    03-29-14 11:02 AM
    Probably a lot more than you think. They're actually a pretty good site to look at reviews on many tech products, and they get a lot of traffic. Anybody who's surfed for reviews online for a laptop/tablet/mobile-device has probably run across them.
    I like and enjoy Laptop Magazine.... That guide I didn't like.. but the magazines is great..
    03-29-14 01:30 PM
    The store next to me before had a viewing shelf for BlackBerry 10, last week they removed BlackBerry and put hawauie (not sure how it's spelt) instead... I got a bit sad inside..

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    03-29-14 01:34 PM
    Maybe... but at least he mentioned BlackBerry before any of the others... lol

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 01:36 PM
    Realistically though, why would you include an OS that is 0.6% of the market?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    That 0.6% doesn't include Enterprise, it's more like 3% (worldwide of course)

Zed30
    03-29-14 01:37 PM
    That 0.6% doesn't include Enterprise, it's more like 3% (worldwide of course)

Zed30
    Actually I'm wrong, it's closer to .6%

Zed30
    03-29-14 01:43 PM
    Microsoft software has released Office for IOS and Android. It's free to use for mobile. I tried it. It's a game changer.

Office for mobile is indicative of the future of mobile computing. The services and applications of your choosing, available on all major platforms.

Like many major services and applications there is no official BlackBerry support.

It's unfair to dismiss the fact that BlackBerry support is lacking or nonexistent for many if not most new products/services/applications.

It's 2014. My smartphone Became more than a device for email/voice/sms years ago. BB10 may well be a quality OS, the problem however is that it's about so much more than that.

To not recommend a niche product on a buyer's guide targeted to mainstream buyer's is not bias. BlackBerry at this point is hobbyist/specialty product. That's not a knock on the platform, it's just the truth.
    03-29-14 02:35 PM
    ZING! Ouch this one hurts. I think what BB does have going for them is a GREAT OS. and it just seems like people dont want to give it a chance
    03-29-14 02:44 PM
    Apple computers have always had a very small market share, yet slowly software makers have adapted software for them such as Microsoft Office. Right now they're losing market share in computers, but the point is, if the product is a force, regardless of market size, it'll be taken into consideration.

I just bought an AT&T iphone 5 a few days ago, and frankly, except for the way it plays youtube videos, the phone hasn't been that great. The keyboard is crazy bad. The lack of push email is making me batty. I have my own website and don't want to pay $10 extra each for the host company to push it.

I made this switch for a few reasons. One of them was I need a credit card reader for my business and am not aware of one that will work on my curve or on a Q10. Also, I had dropped my Blackberry so many times over the last 3 years all the buttons were falling off ( I literally drop it every other day). I wanted wider coverage than I had on Virgin Mobile also.

If some of us that want a credit card reader got together and offered in advance to subscribe to a credit card reader, perhaps one of the companies would pay a developer to create an app for it. My clients less and less remember to bring a check with them.
    03-29-14 03:06 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    To me it would be absolutely irresponsible for any sort or tech expert or salesperson or even friend to address bb as a phone recommendation without mentioning the state of the company. It is up to anyone to make their own choice but the cliff edge the company is on is inarguable at this point.

You know who else is an "idi0t" op? John chen, Who has been forthright enough to acknowledge that bb is in deep trouble and may not last in phones.
    JeepBB and notfanboy like this.
    03-29-14 03:24 PM
    Microsoft software has released Office for IOS and Android. It's free to use for mobile. I tried it. It's a game changer.
    Game changer? I don't think so, Docs To Go does everything Office does and it doesn't tie you to Sky Drive and Google Drive.

------
    Docs To Go vs. Quickoffice & Office Mobile

Connectivity to multiple storage accounts is the key differentiator between Docs To Go and its main rivals, Quickoffice and Office Mobile, Coup contended.

Google and Microsoft are "using their office suite as a hook to sell/promote a different service (SkyDrive and an Office 365 subscription for Microsoft, Google Drive and Google Apps for Google). We don't want people to have to hitch themselves to one wagon," according to Coup.

Zed30
    03-29-14 03:24 PM
    Apple computers have always had a very small market share, yet slowly software makers have adapted software for them such as Microsoft Office. Right now they're losing market share in computers, but the point is, if the product is a force, regardless of market size, it'll be taken into consideration.

I just bought an AT&T iphone 5 a few days ago, and frankly, except for the way it plays youtube videos, the phone hasn't been that great. The keyboard is crazy bad. The lack of push email is making me batty. I have my own website and don't want to pay $10 extra each for the host company to push it.

I made this switch for a few reasons. One of them was I need a credit card reader for my business and am not aware of one that will work on my curve or on a Q10. Also, I had dropped my Blackberry so many times over the last 3 years all the buttons were falling off ( I literally drop it every other day). I wanted wider coverage than I had on Virgin Mobile also.

If some of us that want a credit card reader got together and offered in advance to subscribe to a credit card reader, perhaps one of the companies would pay a developer to create an app for it. My clients less and less remember to bring a check with them.
    Just turn on push email. Problem solved.
    richardat likes this.
    03-29-14 03:28 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Not to mention the devices are largely unavailable instore for every major carrier. (The primary audience of the publication is American.)
    richardat and JeepBB like this.
    03-29-14 03:30 PM
    I have an ipad and don't really like the OS at all, the ipad is used for games and my phone is used for communication and love how the bb10 OS operates with all the swiping gestures. Also, when in an app I can get a preview of a text/bbm and read it and reply without leaving the app, one of my fav features.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 03:32 PM
    Alright just cut the crap.. repeat what John Chen said, BlackBerry is not for everyone.... IMO, it is only for certain and specific people who stress on communication, productivity, security, efficency... there are lots of factors affecting why BlackBerry is still struggling!

Posted via CB10
    keepthetorch and TgeekB like this.
    03-29-14 03:42 PM
    [QU =ear;10180852]If it's a goaolid OS and you're supposedo writing an objective analysis, why wouldn't you?

The problem here is everyone questioning the future viability of BlackBerry. And the more people question it, the more people doubt it and are therefore hesitant to buy into it. I find this amusing, at least from a consumer perspective, because so many people keep phones for 18-24 months anyway and then upgrade. Even if BBRY were to go out of business, that's not likely to happen within 24 months. People treat these things like it's a lifelong commitment, when the only real commitment -- if there is any -- is to the carrier's contract.

Back to analyses of OS's -- what's the harm in including BB10, and simply include the caveat that the platform is thin on apps, if apps are important to you (other than the author needing to do a little more actual work)?[/QUOTE]

1.support is now non existent among app developers - you'd have to say ours much worse than "thin". Winpohone is now 'thin".

2.company dying or product orphaned DOES have repercussions for end users in many cases. Even pb owners have felt that - and bb still existed in that case! From basic support, warranty, replacemwent ,to firmware and os updates, the bb user is already at a severe disadvantage, if bb fell further it would be absurd.... All the while apple and Google users would bask in Updates, increased functionality in apps, updates, etc.

3. Saying " aaaaa.... You'll buy a new phone anyways in a year and a half - who cares?" Is a pretty unconvincing argument to many - even if true, and that's a presumption, it provides no rationale as to why somebody would want to limit themselves that way.

4. People here world not be happy with a review that pointed these things out. So maybe you should ask if you really want them to review it.

5. The "harm" from their perspective is simply wasted time and money. space is money and they decided not to put in all those other os, probably for that reason. They could have added ff, sailfish, etc.... But they didn't. Of course if numbers were to decide than in the case of bb, if anything were reviewed it should have been - much to Belfast's delight os7. Would you have/been happy if os7 had been compared?

I doubt it.
    notfanboy likes this.
    03-29-14 03:46 PM
    I have an ipad and don't really like the OS at all, the ipad is used for games and my phone is used for communication and love how the bb10 OS operates with all the swiping gestures. Also, when in an app I can get a preview of a text/bbm and read it and reply without leaving the app, one of my fav features.

Posted via CB10
    For IOS, in Asia market, it represents a brand... Apple, where consumers can get to have those "high end" feelings, just like holding to something quality, branded, and great design. They just simply adapted to the simplicity of IOS offered, whereby they can get to know the most basic settings and only the settings they need. Plus IOS is as smooth as BlackBerry 10 OS.. they have tons of consistently updated apps and all simplified for consumers basic needs. The simplicity of how an app works is what current consumers wanted right now...! As for BlackBerry, they know nothing.. and judging by the advertisement effort by Apple.. it is sure to win the consumer markets... ! For BlackBerry, it has and can only serve a specific sector of people where we have already know about what is it and how great it is. To gain more and get out of struggling, we need to promote and advertise BlackBerry! Change the perception of how consumers think of what is BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 03:54 PM
    Game changer? I don't think so, Docs To Go does everything Office does and it doesn't tie you to Sky Drive and Google Drive.

------
    Docs To Go vs. Quickoffice & Office Mobile

Connectivity to multiple storage accounts is the key differentiator between Docs To Go and its main rivals, Quickoffice and Office Mobile, Coup contended.

Google and Microsoft are "using their office suite as a hook to sell/promote a different service (SkyDrive and an Office 365 subscription for Microsoft, Google Drive and Google Apps for Google). We don't want people to have to hitch themselves to one wagon," according to Coup.

Zed30
    I use docs to go as well as quick office and others. Like I said I tried it. In my opinion it changes the game. You assume I'm not already hooked in. I have a Microsoft account just like I have a Google account. I use what works best. Office kills docs to go.

I don't understand this sentiment that somehow logging in to use a services makes you the property of one company or the other. It's not that serious.
    ravipiero likes this.
    03-29-14 04:28 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Are we talking about the OS or popularly and market share of the OS? This guy didn't even need to mention BlackBerry. Let's pull in some misinformation. Yay!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-29-14 04:57 PM
    You always talk about misinformation. I'm talking facts.

Posted with my Q
    03-29-14 05:06 PM
    Actually the Mac has been steadily gaining market share in computers for more than 10 years. It still has only minimal share, but not because it hasn't been growing. In theory, BBRY could do the same thing, but the Mac is helped by the fact that most software is platform agnostic anyway. That's not the case with smartphone software.

When you say "some" I hope you mean "millions", because it's not as though a few folks get together and all of a sudden a company pays an app developer.
    richardat likes this.
    03-29-14 05:09 PM
    You always talk about misinformation. I'm talking facts.

Posted with my Q
    I'm talking about the article...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-29-14 05:09 PM
    And I made a statement of fact.

Posted with my Q
    03-29-14 05:10 PM
    And I made a statement of fact.

Posted with my Q
    Yes. But you were speaking about popularity of the OS not about the ability...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-29-14 05:12 PM
    When you're writing an article comparing devices, of course you pick the most popular.

Posted with my Q
    JeepBB and look_alive like this.
    03-29-14 05:13 PM
179 1234 ...