Look at the first paragraph of Laptop magazine 2014 Smartphone Buying Guide......

7 things to look for in a smartphone............

1. Choose the Right OS
    And then there were three. With BlackBerry struggling, most consumers are now deciding among Android, iOS (iPhone) and Windows Phone. Here’s a quick breakdown of the platforms’ strengths and weaknesses.
    Last edited by elite1; 03-29-14 at 07:22 AM.
    03-29-14 07:11 AM
    Obviously the writer is an idi0t. He and others like him don't help matters. But you can;t control what someone thinks and says. Everyone needs to make up their own mind. It's why I flabbergasted when someone posts on here that they are "thinking" of buying X....and WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK?

Really???
    03-29-14 07:24 AM
    Yeah they've still got a long way to go to change people's perceptions.
    Jrox74, jpvj and Sean Fanelli like this.
    03-29-14 07:24 AM
    Think about a person buying ANY product.... you do research and hopefully buy the right product..... If I went to this magazine for advice on purchasing a smartphone.... I would not even consider BB.... Why would I, after reading that?...... It is vital for the survival of the company that they get some decent press SOMEWHERE.... We may know that BB is awesome but the general public thinks they are dead or dying or at the least irrelevant.....
    03-29-14 07:28 AM
    Obviously the writer is an idi0t. He and others like him don't help matters. But you can;t control what someone thinks and says. Everyone needs to make up their own mind. It's why I flabbergasted when someone posts on here that they are "thinking" of buying X....and WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK?

Really???
    Realistically though, why would you include an OS that is 0.6% of the market?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-29-14 07:28 AM
    I don t think the magazine writer got dod security clearance.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    03-29-14 07:31 AM

Posted via my Nexus 10.

It is sad, but true....... sounds like Dead Man Walking
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    03-29-14 07:32 AM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Good point.
    03-29-14 07:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    DoD Clearance isn't going to sell many phones.......
    JeepBB, CDM76, look_alive and 1 others like this.
    03-29-14 07:51 AM

Really???
    To some degree they are correct.

Right now most cellular stores will not have a BB10 phone in stock. Perhaps available via Web.

This is not true with Windows, Apple or Droids.

Reality hurts.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    kbz1960 and look_alive like this.
    03-29-14 07:58 AM
    numbers will be soft for a long time sadly, especially as they are going more enterprise... they are becoming irrelevant to the consumer. I am fortunate enough to be able to have any phone I want and I have a Z30 front and centre. I do always carry two phones (work/personal) and recently have been thinking about a new phone, I can't decide what I want as the only phone I love is bb10 but the apps I want are either android or Iphone... I have Snap side loaded but half the apps I want don't work properly or at all... I hate to hear myself say it... but Apps is where it's at, if Apps where not an issue and people were given a fair choice between all 4 OS's, then I believe BlackBerry 10 would win 50% plus of the time... then again, I am a fanboy!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 08:12 AM
    numbers will be soft for a long time sadly, especially as they are going more enterprise... they are becoming irrelevant to the consumer. I am fortunate enough to be able to have any phone I want and I have a Z30 front and centre. I do always carry two phones (work/personal) and recently have been thinking about a new phone, I can't decide what I want as the only phone I love is bb10 but the apps I want are either android or Iphone... I have Snap side loaded but half the apps I want don't work properly or at all... I hate to hear myself say it... but Apps is where it's at, if Apps where not an issue and people were given a fair choice between all 4 OS's, then I believe BlackBerry 10 would win 50% plus of the time... then again, I am a fanboy!!!!

Posted via CB10
    At least you're being honest.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-29-14 08:21 AM
    I think most of us feel the same way.... We want BB to survive and thrive.... but the cards are stacked against them.... It may be too little too late
    skxj, richardat, bekkay and 2 others like this.
    03-29-14 08:27 AM

Posted via my Nexus 10.

This unfortunately sums it up.

Blackberry has in reality become a non-player. Nobody cares anymore.

Case in point. A co-worker of mine who's been using BB for years shows up at work with a Galaxy S4. When I asked him he told me his BB was acting up. So he went to his carrier's store and they promptly told him move on from BB and move up to the S4.

When the sales reps of the major carriers are dismissing BB and promoting the others BB has big problems
    1shady_llama likes this.
    03-29-14 08:55 AM
    I don't think the majority of people have even heard of "laptop magazine." Definitely not the casual crowd.

Posted via CB10
    Flatman, ghundiraj and madman0141 like this.
    03-29-14 09:48 AM
    They are not real geeks... they do not know the architecture of QNX in BlackBerry... whatever it is.. IOS, android, tizen, mozilla firefox os, ubuntu mobile os, symbian, windows etc.. each of them has their own values depending on how well its kernel is built! QNX Is one of the best now... unmatch performance! reliable..

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 09:58 AM
    I'm a huge guy on reviews. So I usually go where someone tells me to go IF I like what they write. Had all os's and by far none of them are rock solid. However BlackBerry os is by far the better one for my needs.

If your a facebook viewing junkie go with a app based os.

If your a typer and messaging person qwerty keyboard all the way. Virtual keyboards blow.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    03-29-14 10:04 AM
    They are not real geeks... they do not know the architecture of QNX in BlackBerry... whatever it is.. IOS, android, tizen, mozilla firefox os, ubuntu mobile os, symbian, windows etc.. each of them has their own values depending on how well its kernel is built! QNX Is one of the best now... unmatch performance! reliable..

Posted via CB10
    And all that means nothing.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-29-14 10:04 AM

Posted via CB10

Ya... Let's talk architecture of QNX to the general public.....Please...... Your post means LESS than nothing to 98% of the world..... I assume you are not a Business major...
    bbq10l, Kashan Osama and mornhavon like this.
    03-29-14 10:15 AM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    If it's a good solid OS and you're supposedly writing an objective analysis, why wouldn't you?

The problem here is everyone questioning the future viability of BlackBerry. And the more people question it, the more people doubt it and are therefore hesitant to buy into it. I find this amusing, at least from a consumer perspective, because so many people keep phones for 18-24 months anyway and then upgrade. Even if BBRY were to go out of business, that's not likely to happen within 24 months. People treat these things like it's a lifelong commitment, when the only real commitment -- if there is any -- is to the carrier's contract.

Back to analyses of OS's -- what's the harm in including BB10, and simply include the caveat that the platform is thin on apps, if apps are important to you (other than the author needing to do a little more actual work)?
    03-29-14 10:17 AM

Posted via CB10

As a consumer, I could care less about DoD certification. Not everyone gives a rats behind. They want something from a manufacture that appears to be stable and will be around in 2 or 3 years. I continue to buy BlackBerry cause I will make my choice when the time comes, if it comes.

The writer certainly could have written about 10.1.x but what kind of impression would that leave in the eyes of the Consumer. I tell you the impression, FK that.
    anon(5061193) and Blacklatino like this.
    03-29-14 10:18 AM
    If it's a good solid OS and you're supposedly writing an objective analysis, why wouldn't you?

The problem here is everyone questioning the future viability of BlackBerry. And the more people question it, the more people doubt it and are therefore hesitant to buy into it. I find this amusing, at least from a consumer perspective, because so many people keep phones for 18-24 months anyway and then upgrade. Even if BBRY were to go out of business, that's not likely to happen within 24 months. People treat these things like it's a lifelong commitment, when the only real commitment -- if there is any -- is to the carrier's contract.

Back to analyses of OS's -- what's the harm in including BB10, and simply include the caveat that the platform is thin on apps, if apps are important to you (other than the author needing to do a little more actual work)?
    I'm not saying there's harm in it as much as I'm saying you shouldn't be surprised. Blackberry is not a part of the consumer market talk anywhere but here. When you compare things you pick the top few selling, not every last product.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    JeepBB, richardat, bekkay and 2 others like this.
    03-29-14 10:21 AM
    I don't think the majority of people have even heard of "laptop magazine." Definitely not the casual crowd.
    Probably a lot more than you think. They're actually a pretty good site to look at reviews on many tech products, and they get a lot of traffic. Anybody who's surfed for reviews online for a laptop/tablet/mobile-device has probably run across them.
    MERCDROID and shaleem like this.
    03-29-14 10:31 AM

Really???
    Actually, after reading the article, the author probably decided to omit BB because a significant portion of the article which focuses on ecosystem would do Blackberry a disservice. Which wouldn't be good for either party.
    03-29-14 10:35 AM
    It's up to BlackBerry to change mis-perceptions about their products to increase market share. And so far they haven't done squat!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 10:41 AM
179 123 ...