Hi All,

Yesterday I installed the leaked version for my BB9900 and now I am runing 7.1 Bundel 921 (v7.1.0.257) . Even though I got the 507 error during install, after i removed and insert the USB cable again it continued installing and everything seems fine. I'm using DTAC Thailand as a carrier.

After a very slow/laggy start, with my first crash in 5 minutes while opening the Mobile Hotspot function. Everything seems to be working fine.. And after the crash everything seems a bit faster than when running Os 6. Hotspot works fine and I can connect my iPad without any problems.

Very happy with the battery improvement! Kept it on for 24 hours without charging!! A personal record on my BB9900. Before the batt would always die at a max of 14 hours of normal use. (some chatting, calling, browsing and listening music..) I feel like when you aren�t using the phone it used a lot less battery then when it was running on OS 6.

Anyway, my questions; I don�t have (or cannot find) Wifi-Calling, if your carrier doesn�t support it, you should still be able to see the option right ?

I�ve looked at ; Network and Connections -> Mobile network -> and there the menu is the same as it always been with.. Data services, While roaming. Mobile network, network selection modus and network modus. ( I translation from dutch, so might be a bit off, sorry about that) There is no new option in the menu as I see on the blackberry website showing the os 7.1, called Preferred Network for Calls.....
    What does this mean? I cannot seem to find the answer on crackberry or google. Any advice is welcome..

Also.. I don't have the FM Radio, or is this only available on other BB's ?

Cheers, Bulderbaan
    03-02-12 08:11 AM
    Your carrier have to support wifi calling otherwise you will not have the option. That's what I know
    03-02-12 08:21 AM
    DaNii1985 is right about wifi calling.
    Radio needs an app. Tunein radio from App World (free) is very good.
    03-02-12 08:29 AM
    Also.. I don't have the FM Radio, or is this only available on other BB's ?
    Yup... the built-in FM Radio is only available on the new Curves
    03-02-12 08:33 AM
    Thanks all, that explaines a lot
    Already using TuneIn as 'internet-radio'. So no FM radio for bold users..

And I guess I have to find a carrier that supports wifi-calling..

Anyone using a good app for free international calling over wifi or voip calling?

Cheers
    03-02-12 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD