As a long time BB fan after hearing today's news about the new cross platform BBM I cant help but think that by making BBM cross platform RIM is just signing off on its death certificate.

I dont think there is really any way to argue that cross platform BBM is going to help BB in anyway, unless they are giving up the smartphone business and trying to get a piece of facebook's or whatsapp's market share. Releasing BBM wont make people run out to buy a BB10 device, for example people want to use facebook on their phones but every attempt to make a facebook phone has been a major flop thus far. Software doesn't necessarily translate to hardware sales. IMHO BBM should stay exclusive, I highly doubt you would never see apple doing this with any of its exclusive features. I dont really see a possible way for BB to make any money on BBM in other app stores because if the app is not free I doubt many would switch from whatsapp if they already paid for that service.

Don't believe me? Look at what the masses are saying on twitter, I've included a few tweets I'm sure you can find plenty of similar tweets to what I found here just search for bbm.

No way any BB fan can say BBM on other phones is a good thing-bbtwit.jpg

Im sorry for my photoshop-ing skills :P
    05-14-13 08:24 PM
    And yet another thread.
    bluetroll likes this.
    05-14-13 08:26 PM
    Lots of opinions on this matter in this thread right here

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...od-bad-806560/
    05-14-13 08:26 PM