03-02-14 12:14 PM
33 12
tools
    I prefer the smaller form factor of the Z10. I don't want or need a jumbotron in my pocket.
    02-26-14 01:29 AM
    I agree, even though I put my Z10 down a long time ago for a Z30, I can't see how BlackBerry can skip updating the Z10. Problem is, they've now promised a lot, whose gonna make them. Same could be said for Q5 and Q10 eventually. Sure there will be the Q20 but not everyone wants the belt.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-26-14 06:39 AM
    I prefer the smaller form factor of the Z10. I don't want or need a jumbotron in my pocket.
    I hope someone is listening because there are many of us who feel the same way

Sadly it seems 5" is now a market standard
    laketrout73 likes this.
    03-01-14 01:03 PM
    It's not only about the screen size, it's also about device size. I bet nobody would be against a new Z10 model of same (or almost same) size, but with thinner bezel, and as a consequence with a larger screen.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    03-02-14 06:48 AM
    It seems to me that the mid range phone is here to stay. The question is what will it have under the hood. In regards to the Z10, it seems to me that if you squeeze the bezel and slightly widen or length the phone, you could get a 4.5-4.6 inch screen. This is a great form factor for one handed use. I would stick with a faster dual core (no need for anything more at the moment). 3 Gigs of RAM, HDMI out, tunable antenna for FM, miracast support, 32 Gigs of storage space and a micro SD slot for another 128 gigs. Price point needs to be around 450.

This would certainly fit my needs. They key is portability and functionality. I need something that slips into a pocket not a man purse.

For top of the line, push the screen size to 5-5.2 inches with high ppi. Go with a quad core (nobody needs or uses an Octa core), could bump RAM to 4 gig, 64 gig of storage and then all the other usual stuff. Price it at 650.

I think this is all predictable stuff. What I would like to see is a device with more screen size like the Galaxy Note. However, the design has to be completely rethought from the ground up. The concept is sound but Samsung's implementation is bush league.

Posted via CB10
    dragon77 likes this.
    03-02-14 08:03 AM
    It's not only about the screen size, it's also about device size. I bet nobody would be against a new Z10 model of same (or almost same) size, but with thinner bezel, and as a consequence with a larger screen.

Posted via CB10
    Well said
    03-02-14 08:30 AM
    If they keep making 5"+ screen phones, I guess my Z10 replacement will have to be one of the new QWERTY models. . . the 4.2 is perfect for me, the Z10 is just too big and awkward for me to work with. I'm also 6'1 with big hands, so that's not a factor. Personal preference I guess. Just saying that there still is a market for the sub-5" screen devices.
    I carry my phone on my belt. I do not want to carry a phablet on my belt!! I love the Q10 and would try an upgraded Z10. But not if it were much bigger.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    03-02-14 09:17 AM
    I would. The active bezel to the left and right of the screen is important for the proper functionality of the text bubble. Tapping in the left or right bezel area moves the bubble when its near the edge of the screen. Bezels also work for some swipe up/down gestures when in landscape mode.
    03-02-14 12:14 PM
33 12