ok, I may just be naive, but why do certain blackberry's got to certain mobile carriers? why can't all carriers have all blackberrys? I mean, I would love to try out the new storm, but I'm with AT&T so unless I cancel my service and go with Verizon, I'm out of luck.
    I've been with AT&T for 14 years and I'm not gonna change, so because I'm loyal and like my service i don't get to try new devices. someone please tell me why.
    10-03-08 12:52 PM
    ok, I may just be naive, but why do certain blackberry's got to certain mobile carriers? why can't all carriers have all blackberrys? I mean, I would love to try out the new storm, but I'm with AT&T so unless I cancel my service and go with Verizon, I'm out of luck.
    I've been with AT&T for 14 years and I'm not gonna change, so because I'm loyal and like my service i don't get to try new devices. someone please tell me why.
    You need to get a 9500 from Vodafone or Rogers unlock it and it will work on AT&T's EDGE and 3G Network. No need for switching carriers.

Edit: AT&T may eventually carry a version of this device as well.
    10-03-08 12:57 PM
    aaaaahhh, you are a very smart individual. that is why i love these forums!! thanks
    10-03-08 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD