To all the BB faithful
    If you have ever wondered about the future of BB in the USA, wonder no further. It is clear from this article that there will be no place for BB and even Android will find it very difficult to make ends meet in the States. Now I don't agree but that's immaterial because I'm not a high powered analyst.

iPhone Market Share Expected to Hit 68% in the United States by 2017 - Mac Rumors

"68% of Americans are expected to own an iPhone when the smartphone market reaches its saturation point in 2017, according to new research done by Asymco analyst Horace Dediu. Citing a parallel between the growth of the smartphone market and the growth of the iPhone over the years, Dediu predicts that both will continue to grow alongside each other as the smartphone market hits a saturation point at 90% in February 2017 with a predicted 180 million U.S. iPhone owners by that time, giving Apple a 68% market share......"

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-16-13 11:19 AM
    Tell them to buy it right now and keep it until 2017... It will be the same phone anyways
    vakk, siddharth, DJM626 and 22 others like this.
    12-16-13 11:22 AM
    68% iPhone share in USA is actually completely unbelievable. Rubbish article.
    vakk, kbz1960, howards and 4 others like this.
    12-16-13 11:52 AM
    wonder how much apple paid to plant this article??? subliminal advertising??? people are already apple-weary & droid has them beat by a pretty good share right now...
    vakk, kbz1960, bb624 and 3 others like this.
    12-16-13 12:07 PM
    That's exactly why I no longer own an iPhone,
    I refuse to be part of the sheep marketing schemes by apple. & will never line up for their products no matter what.
    they do make good laptops though but it's dam overpriced.
    12-16-13 12:15 PM
    By the same math, 200% of Americans will have an iPhone by 2025, and approximately 27500% will by year 3000.
    12-16-13 12:15 PM
    To all the BB faithful
    If you have ever wondered about the future of BB in the USA, wonder no further. It is clear from this article that there will be no place for BB and even Android will find it very difficult to make ends meet in the States. Now I don't agree but that's immaterial because I'm not a high powered analyst.

iPhone Market Share Expected to Hit 68% in the United States by 2017 - Mac Rumors

"68% of Americans are expected to own an iPhone when the smartphone market reaches its saturation point in 2017, according to new research done by Asymco analyst Horace Dediu. Citing a parallel between the growth of the smartphone market and the growth of the iPhone over the years, Dediu predicts that both will continue to grow alongside each other as the smartphone market hits a saturation point at 90% in February 2017 with a predicted 180 million U.S. iPhone owners by that time, giving Apple a 68% market share......"

Yeah the world was suppose to end when the mayan calendar ran out..... how did that work for us?

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    vakk likes this.
    12-16-13 12:22 PM
    My prediction for 2017 (maybe not for US but for other countries) not with % but positions

1. Android
    2. WP
    3. iPhone
    4. Blackberry

This is actually the trend I see, in the visits of the webpages I am webmaster, the distribution on the shelves at the carriers and distributor stores, in the flyers I get with promotions, slowly iPhone losing market to Android, WP growing at a steady pace, Blackberry still going down slower than before but keeps going down.

I don't know in the US but in my country nobody seems to look for iPhone anymore, Android is all that it is with WP making a slow entrance with some Lumias you get to see more often every day around.
    paulo_mealha likes this.
    12-16-13 12:23 PM
    My prediction would be as the world relies more on snooping and governments prying more into people's affairs. The smart people will want blackberry As their choice device. Question is how many smart people are out there. Definitely a loaded question I think

Posted via CB10
    2ndHalfCor, bungaboy and soul-kidd like this.
    12-16-13 01:28 PM
    My guess is that there will be very little space for USA in the global market by 2017. I guess that the two are made for each other.
    iamagod likes this.
    12-16-13 01:49 PM
    I share the sentiments about what has been said already, but I could not pass the chance to post the article. I think the analyst is simply naive, or slow or both.

SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-16-13 02:33 PM
    I am from the USA and I feel the article is not to far off. I see more and more folks using the iPhone and IOS here in the last year then ever before.

Friends and clients who where avid Android and Blackberry users have made the move to Apple devices, when I asked what their main reasons where, they where pretty much the same.

Warranty support is second to none
    The app ecosystem
    Build quality

They also tell me they like the device because it's "just works" and does everything they expect it to do.

I am not making this up and just this morning I was in a best buy and started looking at the devices folks where using and 85% of the folks I seen where using an iPhone, just my observation folks.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    look_alive, EddieAIG and techvisor like this.
    12-16-13 04:16 PM
    But how long can Apple innovate in the minimal way it has been and retain people's interest?

Apple was new and cool and it and stole away most of BlackBerry 's users while they sat and failed to produce new and exciting things. Apple is now only changing their phones by tiny tweaks every iteration, how long until someone shows up with something new and amazing and steals their user base?

History tends to repeat itself. When everyone starts using the same phone, people will start looking for other alternatives just so they can have something new and different from the rest of the pack. Not saying Apple will go out of business or anything, but I have a hard time believing their popularity will continue to skyrocket while their phones barely change at all.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 04:39 PM
    But how long can Apple innovate in the minimal way it has been and retain people's interest?

Apple was new and cool and it and stole away most of BlackBerry 's users while they sat and failed to produce new and exciting things. Apple is now only changing their phones by tiny tweaks every iteration, how long until someone shows up with something new and amazing and steals their user base?

History tends to repeat itself. When everyone starts using the same phone, people will start looking for other alternatives just so they can have something new and different from the rest of the pack. Not saying Apple will go out of business or anything, but I have a hard time believing their popularity will continue to skyrocket while their phones barely change at all.

Posted via CB10
    It's going to be hard. Absolutely no other company (in the mobile world) offers the type of support for their devices like Apple does. Apple also has the largest ecosystem when it comes to Apps and media. Tens of millions of these users are already deeply invested in it. It's going to take more than something "new and amazing" to give up up to thousands of dollars worth of content that is easily transferable and usable on the next iPhone generation.

The iPhone is more than just the device itself.

There popularity continues to grow and it's been almost 7 years since the first iPhone. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

That being said, I do think 68% marketshare is a little ridiculous.
    techvisor and look_alive like this.
    12-16-13 05:21 PM
    You can go to any Apple store in NA and you find a crowd. I think that iOS can retain their lead but only if they increase their screen size and reduce their prices. The androids lead on price and screen but not on camera. If the competition can improve their camera's and iPhone remains a tiny phone then Apple can lose their advantage quickly.
    Apple may also be hurt by their success. I know of a lot of iPhone owners who will only upgrade once their phone breaks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-16-13 05:44 PM
    You can go to any Apple store in NA and you find a crowd. I think that iOS can retain their lead but only if they increase their screen size and reduce their prices. The androids lead on price and screen but not on camera. If the competition can improve their camera's and iPhone remains a tiny phone then Apple can lose their advantage quickly.
    Apple may also be hurt by their success. I know of a lot of iPhone owners who will only upgrade once their phone breaks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    As far as device size goes, I know allot of folks who like the size of the iPhone just the way it is. It fits their hand perfectly and you can easily put it in their pocket or purse.

Most iPhones users like myself like the forum factor of the device in it current state and would be hesitant to change to a larger device, but that's just me.

12-16-13 05:51 PM
    As far as device size goes, I know allot of folks who like the size of the iPhone just the way it is. It fits their hand perfectly and you can easily put it in their pocket or purse.

Most iPhones users like myself like the forum factor of the device in it current state and would be hesitant to change to a larger device, but that's just me.
    I'll take a 4.6-4.7" iPhone. They can make it without really increasing the size if they design it properly. Apple knows how to design so I don't think it will be an issue. I'm not too bothered by the 4" screen but I would definitely prefer larger.
    12-16-13 05:57 PM
    This article is proof that analysts believe themselves to be psychic. Numbers can predict possible outcomes but can not predict the future. What is the reason for publishing one possible outcome? When it caters to the people writing your paycheck perhaps. Just a thought.
    12-16-13 06:08 PM
    So space in 2017... but BlackBerry died in 2010... right?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:21 PM
    IPhone market share is losing to android. So I highly doubt this prediction.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    LP_Rigg, 2ndHalfCor and Jrox74 like this.
    12-16-13 06:26 PM

The app ecosystem
    Build quality

They also tell me they like the device because it's "just works" and does everything they expect it to do.

Good resale and their list price hardly comes down , i sold my galaxy and bb for peanuts .
    They have the best accessories.
    The hardware last longer than all android in general .

Although the most expensive phone , but it's the most important gadget in our lives . The most expensive model like is the top seller especially developed country

I personally agree with current form factor . Mobility is important . I hate pocket bludge .
    12-16-13 06:34 PM
    My prediction for 2017 (maybe not for US but for other countries) not with % but positions

1. Android
    2. WP
    3. iPhone
    4. Blackberry

This is actually the trend I see, in the visits of the webpages I am webmaster, the distribution on the shelves at the carriers and distributor stores, in the flyers I get with promotions, slowly iPhone losing market to Android, WP growing at a steady pace, Blackberry still going down slower than before but keeps going down.

I don't know in the US but in my country nobody seems to look for iPhone anymore, Android is all that it is with WP making a slow entrance with some Lumias you get to see more often every day around.
    Did you see the article on china and japan on iPhone 5s and 5c?

I for one is upset about the quality and resale of android .

Resale of bb and wp is very bad as well.
    12-16-13 06:42 PM
    And in 2017 Apple is going to have a full body scanner and cavity search that you are going to have to walk through and activate before you even turn your phone on! How is that for innovation?
    soul-kidd likes this.
    12-16-13 07:26 PM
    I am from the USA and I feel the article is not to far off. I see more and more folks using the iPhone and IOS here in the last year then ever before.

Friends and clients who where avid Android and Blackberry users have made the move to Apple devices, when I asked what their main reasons where, they where pretty much the same.

The app ecosystem
    Build quality

I am not making this up and just this morning I was in a best buy and started looking at the devices folks where using and 85% of the folks I seen where using an iPhone, just my observation folks.

I m from Canada and I feel the article is just nonsense written by a paid apple journalist. all non apple device can light up Cupertino for months and it will take years for apple to produce them.

I can say same for disappointed apple user they move to other platform because they bored with same phone since 2007. My Z10 is not "just work" working perfect since I bought it not a singe issue. I have 10 email account all in total and iphone " just can't handle it" I was manually refreshing all account on my one and only apple device (iphone 4).

for warranty BB is best, call your carrier they will send you new device before any formalities.

Apple ecosystem is good for rip-off. You will be out of that ecosystem if you don't follow their protocol, in other word you are not buying apple product you just leasing them with full price. (sorry no monthly payments). most iTunes paid game and apps are free on google ecosystem and you can even use them on non android device like blackberry this is call "open source" ecosystem. if you don't know what is "open source" then sorry my friend you need google's help.

for build quality I think you never seen any non apple device ( I don't know what band is your TV & refrigerator. ), please go and check HTC One, Sony Z1, Nokia 1020 and BB Q10.

I think this is enough for you to realize that you are an iSheep.
    12-16-13 11:18 PM

The app ecosystem
    Build quality

Doesnt surprise me as every where I go I see the majority of ppl using iPhone's. After iPhone's it's Android running on a Samsung Galaxy S3 /S4. After that it's BlackBerries tied between the bold 9900 devices and one of the new BB 10 devices.
    12-17-13 12:10 AM
129 123 ...