I use to have a Torch 9800 around 3 years ago and I loved it. I didn't want to get the 9810 because it was too similar. I end up getting a Lumia 920 (worst phone ever used) then a Nexus 4 and now the 5. I've been waiting on a high end slider since BB10 came out. Wouldn't you guys think a Torch-like phone with a 4-5" screen be the most logical design to appeal to both the big screen lovers and the QWERTY diehards?

Posted from my Google Nexus 5
    Doggerz, guygardner73 and acovey like this.
    02-25-14 04:18 AM
    Not in plan

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:12 AM
    Yes please BlackBerry since you're in mode of pleasing us all (Q20) we want a slider 10

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    02-25-14 05:24 AM
    I don't know why BlackBerry is still sticking with the 1:1 screen ratio for Q models. So much screen estate is being wasted... it isn't nice to move back and forth to read something when you cannot rotate the screen to landscape mode.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:12 AM
    I feel like this topic has been buried for a while.
    We need to keep this bug chirping in the ears of who ever is listening.
    There is still a fan base for a BB10 slider. (probably BB11 at this rate)

I am one of those people that would love a huge screen and the need for a physical keyboard.
    Please! I am missing BB10... I NEED A SLIDER!

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    rai187 and acovey like this.
    05-18-14 05:21 PM
    Omg I would love to have a slider. Back when I had the 9700 I was so jealous of my freind's torch (ofc he didnt know that tho). There's something so appealing about a phone that slides and combine that with a BlackBerry keyboard, its the best feeling in the world.

Please blackberry release a torch phone. No way actually dont ill be jealous of everyone who has an os 10 slider.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze and acovey like this.
    05-18-14 05:27 PM
    The Torch was not very good. I don't understand why people liked it...

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    05-18-14 05:39 PM
    The Torch was not very good. I don't understand why people liked it...

Posted via CB10
    What phone are you using right now?

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    05-18-14 06:14 PM
    Lol no. Sliders are highly prone to failure and BlackBerry would look like an absolute joke bringing out a slider phone in 2014.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 06:15 PM
    Lol no. Sliders are highly prone to failure and BlackBerry would look like an absolute joke bringing out a slider phone in 2014.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! This man gets it. No more sliders.
    mkelley65 and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-18-14 06:17 PM
    BlackBerry would get ripped apart by the media just for the size of the phone (thickness). Also from day one, sliders are easy to break

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-18-14 08:17 PM
    Maybe it's just me then, but the most popular BB that I ever saw out in the wild was the Torch series. That was also my longest lasting BlackBerry. In no way is that meant to be taken as a legit fact or stat, just my own observation.

I talk to anyone that I knew/know that had or still has a Torch and they loved it. Thought it was their best device. Times have changed, that I understand. So does technology. Make a slider now, and it's not going to be the exact same as the Torch series. Phones are only getting thinner and slimmer. Sure it won't be as slim as the Z10, but it's going to have more functionally then it does.

mnc76, acovey, xxslxx and 1 others like this.
    05-18-14 09:15 PM
    They definitely need to come out with a slider there is demand for it just beneath the surface
    acovey likes this.
    05-18-14 11:50 PM
    Yea slider is a perfect form factor. I'm certain BlackBerry is working on one. They're just hammering down the right industrial design. It needs to be relatively thin and definitely sleeker looking than the original torch.

Anyone saying its prone to failure have lost it. Its so easy to build a device that slides and lasts 3-5 years. There are other areas that could fail before the sliding mechanism.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    05-18-14 11:59 PM
    I would love a slider! Often been said, but bears repeating - best of both worlds.

As far as failure, having used the 9800 and then the 9810, I had one fail - when I drove over it. Other than that, no problems. My ex kept his until he reluctantly got a 9900 which he's trading in for a Samsung in the Fall.

I LOVED my Torch phones.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    acovey likes this.
    05-19-14 06:54 AM
    I would love a slider! Often been said, but bears repeating - best of both worlds.

As far as failure, having used the 9800 and then the 9810, I had one fail - when I drove over it. Other than that, no problems. My ex kept his until he reluctantly got a 9900 which he's trading in for a Samsung in the Fall.

I LOVED my Torch phones.

The Torch really was the best of both worlds. If I could take a Torch right now and load BB10 on it, I would do so in a heartbeat. It was a great piece of hardware.

acovey likes this.
    05-19-14 08:13 AM
    Just. Let. It. Go.

Sliders are dead. Dead. Dead. Good bloody riddance.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    mkelley65 likes this.
    05-19-14 08:26 AM
    You are certainly in the right in expressing your opinion.

There are those of us who would buy a slider in an instant. We can certainly express our desire for such a device. You have no preemptive rights against us expressing our wishes.

iamagod, donemt and acovey like this.
    05-19-14 09:21 AM
    You are certainly in the right in expressing your opinion.

There are those of us who would buy a slider in an instant. We can certainly express our desire for such a device. You have no preemptive rights against us expressing our wishes.

Fair enough but unfortunately it would be in the worse interest of BlackBerry to make a slider.

I think what makes more sense to me is a typo-clip on designed like a slider

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 10:08 AM
    Fair enough but unfortunately it would be in the worse interest of BlackBerry to make a slider.

I think what makes more sense to me is a typo-clip on designed like a slider

Posted via CB10
    Oh no! I would no sooner use one of those clip ons than consider a man who wears a clip on tie!!!!

vpblaze, acovey and donemt like this.
    05-19-14 10:21 AM
    Oh no! I would no sooner use one of those clip ons than consider a man who wears a clip on tie!!!!

Dang I thought chicks liked clip on ties X,'D

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 10:27 AM
    Dang I thought chicks liked clip on ties X,'D

Posted via CB10
    LOL!!!!! No way!!!! Not even on George Clooney!!!!

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    05-19-14 10:29 AM
    LOL!!!!! No way!!!! Not even on George Clooney!!!!

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    Welp wardrobe remodeling begins

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 04:15 PM
    I do not like the sound slider make when they open. Also, slider keyboards do not feel very nice.
    05-19-14 04:29 PM
    Sorry, I'm a Z30 junkie now. I'm perfectly fine with one hand swiping and this enormous screen.

Posted with a drop of Awesome Sauce!!!
    05-19-14 04:34 PM
78 123 ...