I wonder why no one every mentioned when iPhone and samsung had problems with their devices. Its always BlackBerry that's being out down. And what about the security of BlackBerry compare to others it's the best.

Posted via BlackBerry z10!
    05-16-14 02:25 AM
    plenty of people talk about the iphone and samsung problems.

As for security, most people dont need the security BB can offer and most BB users arent even on BES.
    Raddin likes this.
    05-16-14 02:29 AM
    They are for children and BlackBerry is for professionals it explains it all.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 02:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's why you cannot rely on contacts?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 03:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hum, I was in a busy airport here in the USA on Monday and I seen hundreds of "professionals" and guess what devices 99.9 % of them where carrying and it wasn't a Blackberry device?

Sent using the CB Forum app
    tack and Savior4Life like this.
    05-16-14 04:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry fanboys only say this because they know a Blackberry doesn't appeal to most people out there, and why would they.

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337, tack and Savior4Life like this.
    05-16-14 04:23 AM
    Did you ever hear of Scuffgate? How about the faulty iPhone 5 power button? The Samsung charging port issue? How about the lawsuit against Samsung including some of their TV's?

I've heard plenty.

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-16-14 05:13 AM
    They are mentioned all over pretty much every time it happens. A quick search online produces plenty of results from all the usual tech sites. But unless you have a personally vested interest in the products, you're less likely to notice the news. It's akin to the "new car phenomenon"... After you purchase a new car which you're super excited to get, suddenly everywhere you drive you see tons of the same make and model as if everybody else in the world went out and bought the same car, whereas before the purchase you never seemed to notice nearly as much.

There was even a post here in this very forum poking fun at Apple and Samsung recalls just a couple/few weeks ago.
    BlackBerry Guy, TGR1 and eldricho like this.
    05-16-14 06:20 AM
    Hum, I was in a busy airport here in the USA on Monday and I seen hundreds of "professionals" and guess what devices 99.9 % of them where carrying and it wasn't a Blackberry device?

Sent using the CB Forum app
    Could be professionals...just slower professionals

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 06:27 AM
    Ugh???
    No one ever talks about iPhone recalls or samsung only BlackBerry-img_20140516_153621.png

If anything apple and Samsung having problems is bigger news than BlackBerry having problems,

The question I would as is why BlackBerry isn't suggested as a better security alternative when these issues occur.. that's the real issue that need to be dealt with..

Otherwise people are like yeah but we don't have a choice

Check Out TechCraze
    05-16-14 09:37 AM
    I wonder why no one every mentioned when iPhone and samsung had problems with their devices. Its always BlackBerry that's being out down. And what about the security of BlackBerry compare to others it's the best.

Actually Apple has been continuously in the news for problems with their iPhone over the last 6 or 7 years for reasons including bad batteries, recharging problems, poor sound, catching fire, serious security flaws, map problems, and various patent lawsuits.

Samsung has also been in the news for cheap plastic construction, poor battery life, iOS that crashes, and huge patent lawsuits with.... Apple.

BlackBerry, not so much.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    05-16-14 09:44 AM
    Yep OP, it's called double standard. SMH

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 10:23 AM
    Well the general public doesn't noticed these things like when ppl see me with my BlackBerry it's always like them saying BlackBerry still around and how they thought ther was nothing left cause a few bad things said on the news.. and when I say how much problem there iPhone or samsung have had they say no never heard of anything like that...

05-16-14 11:26 AM
    What I would like to know is why it hasn't made the main stream new like CNN , Bloomberg, BNN, NBC when there is a negative story about BlackBerry it makes headlines at all of these. When BlackBerry announced that they were going to lay off employees it made headlines on all of these and when they actually laid off some of the employees it made headlines again. It just seems a little disproportionate for a relatively small company.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 11:27 AM
    Not forgetting the arrogance of Jobs when the iPhone 4 was released with an antenna that didn't work properly, and Apple told users they were "holding the phone wrong" - eventually they grudgingly gave users a bumper, but even then only for sales up to that point.

That one held the news for a while.
    05-16-14 11:32 AM
    Have you tried to convince an apple or android user with a problem in the Device he has and he/got tataly convinced with what you're saying??
    Thats the problem even when apple or samsung have real big problems and showed on the search lines clearly, that are critical issues, the customers never look for the problem and they continue using their device convinced and trusted with it, it seems for me that they have a kind of addiction to their platform!!
    Every time BlackBerry faces any little issue (the lowest persentage between other platforms) the media and web pages suddenly grab the news and flash it, I guess this is refferd to the older idea about BlackBerry where it suddenly few years ago become the first so all media and such followed BlackBerry for its success, so also they woul follow BlackBerry for the issues it faces, thats media, the news is the aim.

Amazing z10. But stupid battery
    05-16-14 11:54 AM
    Have you tried to convince an apple or android user with a problem in the Device he has and he/got tataly convinced with what you're saying??
    Thats the problem even when apple or samsung have real big problems and showed on the search lines clearly, that are critical issues, the customers never look for the problem and they continue using their device convinced and trusted with it, it seems for me that they have a kind of addiction to their platform!!
    Every time BlackBerry faces any little issue (the lowest persentage between other platforms) the media and web pages suddenly grab the news and flash it, I guess this is refferd to the older idea about BlackBerry where it suddenly few years ago become the first so all media and such followed BlackBerry for its success, so also they woul follow BlackBerry for the issues it faces, thats media, the news is the aim.

That hasn't been true for me, I've shown and educated a number if individuals of issues with their phone, and it's not that they have some delusional view that the issue doesn't exist, but to them because of all the advertising because of the brand loyalty that both Apple and Samsung have built, they just don't care it's worth it for them because they get a phone that other r people respect, that people won't ask 'why are you using that' and if it's the latest model (Samsung s5 e.g.) if they get it first all their friends will gather round them show us what it can do etc. That's a hard thing for someone to get out of.

I'm 95% sure that everyone has an example of a product that may have stopped working or had an issue with but they stuck with it rather than the next best alternative because they love the brand, that car, those speakers, that blender..one of the objectives of businesses is to get people to be loyal to love the brand.. and it's difficult for them to get out of that cycle, BlackBerry has to give them an excellent reason to, personally I think the Ontario is a major part of that reason (if it comes with the right marketing of course (granted it comes at all))

And this 'discrepancy' of coverage there may be some merit to it but I think at the end of the day most newspapers/blogs/etc want to write what people read that's what gets them readers-> more money from adverts, if the vibe is BlackBerry is going down the drain, and 60% of people use iPhone (developed places like UK) then those are the adverts they'll have those are the stories they print and BlackBerry has to work harder to get their positive voice heard because everything is in light of their past success.

The same thing will happen to Apple when they get to the position where people aren't blindly loyal anymore and they have to decrease their prices and work harder etc etc

Check Out TechCraze
    05-16-14 12:08 PM
    It's akin to the "new car phenomenon"... After you purchase a new car which you're super excited to get, suddenly everywhere you drive you see tons of the same make and model as if everybody else in the world went out and bought the same car, whereas before the purchase you never seemed to notice nearly as much.
    I wish there were enough BlackBerry phones out there that I was noticing Z30s everywhere I go.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 12:12 PM
    Actually thats the point I was trying to explain, I die hard showing an apple or android user a problem with his Device ok he/she may agree but they never care, maybe becz they have other thing that substitutes the lack.

05-16-14 12:15 PM
    Actually thats the point I was trying to explain, I die hard showing an apple or android user a problem with his Device ok he/she may agree but they never care, maybe becz they have other thing that substitutes the lack.

Oh okay, but you said something along the lines of they don't even look for the problem but they do and it does annoy them but having an iPhone/Samsung is more important for them

E.g. Someone's apple charger was breaking and eventually broke they were complaining and annoyed and everything saying they hate apple etc. But next thing you know they just went to a new Apple store and got a new charger [b] free [/] and they were a happy customer again..

BlackBerry needs to get their own stores and in someone's recent YouTube video **** the carriers, the dubai store is beautiful and I'd they get that at the very least in major capital cities (e.g. Where they are holding experience events) it would help a lot and be a worthy investment

Check Out TechCraze
    05-16-14 12:23 PM
    "Rotten Apple!" news generates lots and lots of page hits. I really don't think news sites and blogs are uninterested in posting such.
    05-16-14 01:36 PM

BlackBerry needs to get their own stores and in someone's recent YouTube video **** the carriers, the dubai store is beautiful and I'd they get that at the very least in major capital cities (e.g. Where they are holding experience events) it would help a lot and be a worthy investment
    How? What is your justification for ROI? B&M stores can bleed money very easily.
    05-16-14 01:37 PM
    How? What is your justification for ROI? B&M stores can bleed money very easily.
    ROI? B&M? Let me know what those mean and I'll provide you an answer

Check Out TechCraze
    05-16-14 01:44 PM
    Whao, why everyone's on fire! I had used Apple and android both. (iPhone 4s, SGS2,3, HTC one X). Trust me, when comes to comfort, they are no match to BB. The first device I bought was BB8700 and then I got bold 1,2,3,4, torch 1,2,3. When I am trying to tell is, nothing tastes like BlackBerry. Lack of apps? Not in my case, I use my z10 for emails, Facebook and music and camera.
    BB10 is a revolution in phone's valley. Where you're in a perfect environment with having no buttons at all. (isn't it amazing?). I just recalled the way I used to multi task on my iPhone (had to press button for two times!). On android you don't even realize how many apps ar already running in background. I do remember how I used to get that "force close" pop up.
    We put questions about our devices because there are very few! You expect perfect one from RIM (a company which is already struggling).
    Can Samsung provide you the security? The answer is BIG NO. Android can NEVER be secured.
    How beautiful the architecture of BB10 is? The separate core for android apps so they never create an effect on RIM's os. The dual core stills runs faster than many quad core devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 01:54 PM

Yes they do. Apple got roasted on AntennaGate (GSM iPhone 4), chastised for Scuffgate (iPhone 5), ripped for Apple Maps on iOS 6.0, and was criticized for the battery life issues on the iPhone 4s on iOS 5, etc.

While many SGS4 users are happy - others had a lot of issues - Gallery freezing/random reboots/lag/overheating/etc. The SGS3 mini (freezing and memory issues) had a lot of similar problems. Some users also complained about KitKit on the Galaxy Note 3 and how it caused a bunch of issues.
    05-16-14 02:45 PM
50 12