So first reports from CES are in, nothing about Blackberry, but news of TCL phones...when is someone "official" just going to come out and say "Blackberry Mobile" is no more? The lack of news or updates is killing me...lol
    John Albert likes this.
    01-08-20 12:53 AM
    So first reports from CES are in, nothing about Blackberry, but news of TCL phones...when is someone "official" just going to come out and say "Blackberry Mobile" is no more? The lack of news or updates is killing me...lol
    Silence speaks volumes.
    01-08-20 01:03 AM
    As another has stated, the silence is deafening. What is puzzling though, is that the default position on this forum is one of support for a manufacturer (TCL) that clearly has no interest in past customers.

As you allude to, this company has said nothing, but there have been thousands of statements and detailed assumptive analysis, based on little or no fact. Every thread is filled with them.

They deserve no loyalty, they deserve no statements of support. They deserve the same treatment they are openly displaying to their BBL customers - nothing.
    01-08-20 01:40 AM
    As another has stated, the silence is deafening. What is puzzling though, is that the default position on this forum is one of support for a manufacturer (TCL) that clearly has no interest in past customers.

As you allude to, this company has said nothing, but there have been thousands of statements and detailed assumptive analysis, based on little or no fact. Every thread is filled with them.

They deserve no loyalty, they deserve no statements of support. They deserve the same treatment they are openly displaying to their BBL customers - nothing.
    I agree.

But rumours that TCL might bring a regular android (googled and non-googled) to market with hub suite installed, are not unfounded.

Blackberry may be working with google to better integrated gmail apps and GSuite.
    They are trying to intergrate Google Keep with Blackberry Notes.

there is also talk of Blackberry better integrating hub with Evernote.
    01-08-20 03:09 AM
    I agree.

But rumours that TCL might bring a regular android (googled and non-googled) to market with hub suite installed, are not unfounded.

Blackberry may be working with google to better integrated gmail apps and GSuite.

I was recently in a store where the TCL Plex was on display alongside all other mid range android offerings. This was just before Xmas and the store was overflowing with customers. The only quiet place to stand was Infront of this phone.

This phone will fail. It has more competition than ever and sits alongside powerhouse OEMs such as Nokia, Oppo, Motorola and even Samsung's A series.

I went back to this store on 26Dec and every Samsung, Oppo and Nokia was sold out. Only Motorola (1 model only) and the Plex were remaining.

I have heard nothing about BlackBerry tryimg better integration with their hub. Hopefully they can, bit this is BB Ltd (Canada) not TCL.
    01-08-20 03:28 AM
    I agree.

Where on earth did you hear this?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-08-20 04:43 AM
    I believe CBK is there.
    01-08-20 06:18 AM
    I don't recall hearing that stuff either.
    01-08-20 06:39 AM
    I don't recall hearing that stuff either.

count me as #3 lol
    01-08-20 08:29 AM
    I agree.

This is pure nonsense and has no factual basis to even speculate.
    ppeters914 and bakron1 like this.
    01-08-20 08:35 AM
    Well if someone from Crackberry is there Please get us some definitive answers on the future of Blackberry Mobile....the lack of any sort of official or "expert" news is frustrating to say the least.
    01-08-20 09:14 AM
    Well if someone from Crackberry is there Please get us some definitive answers on the future of Blackberry Mobile....the lack of any sort of official or "expert" news is frustrating to say the least.
    TCL is being quiet on purpose.
    01-08-20 09:26 AM
    TCL is being quiet on purpose.
    Where is that investigative reporting? Dig deep, get the story, every other company has leaks, TCL must be more secure than Blackberry...Lol....I am starting to think no one really cares anymore, not enough of us Blackberry fans to even warrant an update....sigh......
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    01-08-20 09:47 AM
    Where is that investigative reporting? Dig deep, get the story, every other company has leaks, TCL must be more secure than Blackberry...Lol....I am starting to think no one really cares anymore, not enough of us Blackberry fans to even warrant an update....sigh......
    Lol CrackBerry already knows whats up but don't really want to hurt their own site by openly telling everyone that TCL has ditched BlackBerry devices. As long as TCL is pushing 2 year old devices to try and clear out stock, CB won't say a word.
    Gene Fells likes this.
    01-08-20 09:53 AM
    The lack of leaks suggests, nothing to leak means nothing is coming. TCL has plenty of leaks and plenty of TCL news at CES2020 so we’ve seen. We care but we think for ourselves and then form educated guesses.
    01-08-20 09:59 AM
    Lol CrackBerry already knows whats up but don't really want to hurt their own site by openly telling everyone that TCL has ditched BlackBerry devices. As long as TCL is pushing 2 year old devices to try and clear out stock, CB won't say a word.
    TCL won’t officially change the story, especially for CrackBerry and I’m certain NDA blanket in force.
    01-08-20 10:00 AM
    How many people working in the US or Canada know what's going on? A handful at best, and of those I expect most understand what not telling others means.

But yeah Kevin could take a few TCL executives out on the town in Vegas, maybe drinking and to a Strip Club. Few compromising photos and threats to send them to family or post online, and he could.... end up in jail.

My guess is at this point TCL and BlackBerry still have a contract. BlackBerry can't really comment without breaking their side. TCL needs to sell off a few thousand devices for as much as they can.... could still have millions in inventory to move. I wouldn't be surprised it TCL didn't do some "investigating" and found out who leaked that info to the German BlackBerry Fan site and hung them up by their heels. NDA's can get you into a lot of trouble...
    01-08-20 10:05 AM
    TCL won’t officially change the story, especially for CrackBerry and I’m certain NDA blanket in force.
    Right so what I just said. And even if CB had no NDA and was free to say whatever they want, they still would not say anything about the demise of BlackBerry devices until they absolutely had to which would be when it has become official and other tech sites reported it. Otherwise they would only be hurting themselves.
    01-08-20 10:08 AM
    How many people working in the US or Canada know what's going on? A handful at best, and of those I expect most understand what not telling others means.

But yeah Kevin could take a few TCL executives out on the town in Vegas, maybe drinking and to a Strip Club. Few compromising photos and threats to send them to family or post online, and he could.... end up in jail.

My guess is at this point TCL and BlackBerry still have a contract. BlackBerry can't really comment without breaking their side. TCL needs to sell off a few thousand devices for as much as they can.... could still have millions in inventory to move. I wouldn't be surprised it TCL didn't do some "investigating" and found out who leaked that info to the German BlackBerry Fan site and hung them up by their heels. NDA's can get you into a lot of trouble...
    Corporate espionage over there could be literally hanging or firing squads
    01-08-20 10:08 AM
    Right so what I just said. And even if CB had no NDA and was free to say whatever they want, they still would not say anything about the demise of BlackBerry devices until they absolutely had to which would be when it has become official and other tech sites reported it. Otherwise they would only be hurting themselves.
    The reason for any NDA would be the advertising so two are in lockstep.

Demise of the devices is pretty much understood so not sure anything would change or quicken.
    01-08-20 10:10 AM

Exactly. Everyone involved is self serving so not sure why anyone here expects to get the real story from either TCL or CB. Their interests are only to themselves and not to consumers, forum members, etc. Should be pretty clear to everyone by now.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-08-20 10:10 AM
    Exactly. Everyone involved is self serving so not sure why anyone here expects to get the real story from either TCL or CB. Their interests are only to themselves and not to consumers, forum members, etc. Should be pretty clear to everyone by now.
    Everyone here including you and me are self serving. Pretty sure that’s human nature
    01-08-20 10:11 AM
    Hard to get information out of China.
    01-08-20 10:12 AM
    The reason for any NDA would be the advertising so two are in lockstep.

Demise of the devices is pretty much understood so not sure anything would change or quicken.
    Yes I know that...but people (not me) then read into things like a tweet that they are "alive and well" and we then get threads hoping for a Key3 or whatever.
    01-08-20 10:12 AM
    Everyone here including you and me are self serving. Pretty sure that’s human nature
    What are you not understanding exactly? What I stated was a fact and didn't say that they shouldn't be self serving. Of course they are and everyone should understand that and not ask for "more info" .
    01-08-20 10:13 AM
126 123 ...