I am very comfortable on an iPhone, but I find it intolerably clunky for high volume communication, and I find the keyboard experience painfully bad. It just doesn't work for me at all. I used an iPhone 5s for two weeks once, and I found myself eating lunch at my desk so I wouldn't have to use it for email during my break. I really, really, really dislike iOS.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. PKB or something else? I don't find the software much different.
    01-09-16 04:04 PM
    I am very comfortable on an iPhone, but I find it intolerably clunky for high volume communication, and I find the keyboard experience painfully bad. It just doesn't work for me at all. I used an iPhone 5s for two weeks once, and I found myself eating lunch at my desk so I wouldn't have to use it for email during my break. I really, really, really dislike iOS.

Posted via CB10
    That's OK, we all have different likes and experiences. I admit it took me a bit (more than 2 weeks) to get used to it, but now I find it pretty simple to use and it does everything, business and personal, that I need.
    lift likes this.
    01-09-16 04:13 PM
    Interesting. PKB or something else? I don't find the software much different.
    Both PKB and VKB. Z10 and Classic. I find the entire look and feel of iOS to be weird, and I carried an iPhone for almost two years back in 2011-12.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 04:55 PM
    That's OK, we all have different likes and experiences. I admit it took me a bit (more than 2 weeks) to get used to it, but now I find it pretty simple to use and it does everything, business and personal, that I need.
    I meant I used one for two weeks recently. I actually carried an iPhone as my daily driver back in 2011-2013.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 04:57 PM
    I meant I used one for two weeks recently. I actually carried an iPhone as my daily driver back in 2011-2013.

Posted via CB10
    Gotcha. I had the original iphone up through the 3S, left and just came back. A lot has changed during that time.

I think I can use and adapt to any OS. Haven't found a perfect one yet!
    lift likes this.
    01-09-16 04:59 PM
    Well my Z10 still works fine. And I've got the Q10 and that worked as well. I switch back and forth.
    01-09-16 05:07 PM
    I keep reading posts like this, and I'm genuinely curious why any BB10 fan would move to the Priv rather than one of the many (cheaper, better?) Android handsets from other vendors.
    Unless the reason involves the PKB or a love of sliders, given that the Priv is near-stock Android, why wouldn't you buy another Android phone for less money and possibly already having Marshmallow?
    But I'd say it won't STAY stock... many more improvements and additions will be added. :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-09-16 05:13 PM
    But I'd say it won't STAY stock... many more improvements and additions will be added. :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Let's hope so for those of you who have invested in it.
    01-09-16 06:33 PM
    No, what gets me the most is that when they released the android BlackBerry, they went all out on marketing when they should've done that with bb10

Posted via CB10
    They did you just don't remember the BB10 launch. BB spent millions of dollars advertising BB10. Started with a Super Bowl commercial, tons of co-op marketing with resellers and key adds in tech. Every major phone I went into in the early Spring of 2013 had BB10 displays. The problem was the launch was a complete failure. The launch was 2 years too late, but to make matters worse BB10 1.X was not ready. At best beta quality.

The launch was so bad that by the end of the summer BlackBerry had a major inventory problem and the company was burning cash. The sr. Management had given up and hung a very public for sale sign on BlackBerry. Worse no major players were even interested. Thor made a pretty public trip shopping the company that failed. All of this became negative advertising on everything BlackBerry. To make it even worse BES 10 was also a major disappointment.

By end of 2013 Chen was brought in as Chairman and interim CEO. Not to get BB10 off the ground but to save the whole company. Blackberry's cash losses by the end of 2013 were massive and the books were full of unsold inventory. Chen may have made some mistakes along the way, but the fact that BlackBerry still exists and has a good cash position going into 2016 is amazing. Chen actually gets the news to pay attention to BlackBerry. This type of publicity is worth a lot more than a few ads.
    01-09-16 08:26 PM
    I'm looking forward to Surface Phone this Fall.
    01-09-16 10:10 PM
    Need a new device. My passports camera is busted. Gonna get the Priv asap

Sent from my Passport
    01-09-16 10:13 PM
    Need a new device. My passports camera is busted. Gonna get the Priv asap

Sent from my Passport
    How that happened?
    01-09-16 10:22 PM
    How that happened?
    I have no idea. I imagine I must have dropped it. The focus literally seems to be broken. I remember when I first got my passport it was very hard to get the camera to focus. Now it is quite literally impossible to get it to focus most of the time, even while trying to record a video

And it's not just out of focus. The images appear distorted, as if water was on the lens (although it's definitely not water).

Sent from my Passport
    01-09-16 10:37 PM
    Spot on. A lot of BB10 fans are inherently contrarian people in the first place - which is why they owned non-mainstream products before BB10 and why they plan to move to WinPhone or Tizen or some other micro-niche rather than iOS or Android. These people simply avoid anything mainstream - often because they think they are smarter than everyone else and/or that "mainstream" users are always "dumb sheep". They also are attracted to the drama that comes with niche products - the cycle of joy in discovering something new and unique, followed by the tension of wondering if it will last, and eventually the anger when it eventually fails - or worse, eventually becomes mainstream.

They're also the ones constantly talking about "loyal users" and "loyal supporters", as if loyalty, perceived or real, is more important than mainstream success or profits (to almost any company, it isn't). I've definitely seen this before in other areas besides the smartphone world.
    A lot of BB10 fans are fans of BlackBerry - the company that didn't make niche smartphones 10 odd years ago.
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    01-10-16 12:10 AM
    I'm looking forward to Surface Phone this Fall.
    I find it funny that we have people claiming that they'll avoid Android at all cost due to the data security/privacy concerns and then turn around and say they'll get a Windows phone. Microsoft's data collection policies with Windows 10 are bordering on scary.
    lift and NYTOC83 like this.
    01-10-16 01:48 AM
    Just enjoy your phone until it stops working. After that? I guess I stop using a smartphone. Don't see the benefits of either an iOS or Android phone as daily driver. Been there done that. I'll use an iPad for the apps. Fed up with it, don't have an unlimited supply of money. Sorry guys.

Posted with a BlackBerry
    01-10-16 02:12 AM
    A lot of BB10 fans are fans of BlackBerry - the company that didn't make niche smartphones 10 odd years ago.
    No, most BB10 fans are fans of BB10, and only care about BB to the extent that BB will provide them with BB10 devices and/or OS updates. Once they can't get the BB10 stuff they want, they'll be gone, and not care about BB at all. The ones that care about BB the company are the rare exceptions.
    kbz1960, lift, kirson and 1 others like this.
    01-10-16 02:39 AM
    No, most BB10 fans are fans of BB10, and only care about BB to the extent that BB will provide them with BB10 devices and/or OS updates. Once they can't get the BB10 stuff they want, they'll be gone, and not care about BB at all. The ones that care about BB the company are the rare exceptions.
    Like me ,the exceptions
    01-10-16 03:17 AM

The launch was so bad that by the end of the summer BlackBerry had a major inventory problem and the company was burning cash. The sr. Management had given up and hung a very public for sale sign on BlackBerry. Worse no major players were even interested. Thor made a pretty public trip shopping the company that failed. All of this became negative advertising on everything BlackBerry. To make it even worse BES 10 was also a major disappointment.

All true, but not the reason I quoted you.

I was reading and agreeing with your post, when I had a sense of deja vu. I recall the depth of denial here on the CB forums back then that BB *was* ever for sale, despite every action of Thor and the board serving to confirm that BB really *was* looking for buyers. I recall a key argument of the sale-deniers was that Thor had never uttered the explicit phrase "BB is for sale".

Fast forward to today, and some here are sure that BB10 has a future - despite every action of BB indicating otherwise - and citing the fact that Chen hasn't said "BB is done with BB10" as supporting evidence.

Interesting that nobody now denies that BB really *was* for sale in 2013, maybe a couple of years needs to pass for the BB10 reality to reach the same level of general acceptance?
    01-10-16 03:22 AM
    $#/*!#$ Chen!!!

  
    01-10-16 03:41 AM
    I find it funny that we have people claiming that they'll avoid Android at all cost due to the data security/privacy concerns and then turn around and say they'll get a Windows phone. Microsoft's data collection policies with Windows 10 are bordering on scary.
    Microsoft data collection is just small portion of what Android is mining on you. Mostly not personal (just statistical) info. Stop spreading FUD. Don't forget that enterprise is big customer for MS and MS will not kill this cash cow. Once more, stop spreading FUD... and excuse Android.
    skstrials likes this.
    01-10-16 05:05 AM
    They are scary. Microsoft claims that some of this you can turn off. The problem is that like the desktop/laptop version of Windows 10, there is a lot of behind the scenes communication with Microsoft servers and data collecting even after turning that stuff off. There are articles all over the internet about Microsoft's sneaky data collecting. I no longer trust Microsoft and I am staying with Window 7 until it is not supported anymore. Also, I would never buy a Windows 10 phone. Microsoft has lost the trust of a huge part of the people in the know and will end up paying the price for their sneaky actions.
    lactose likes this.
    01-10-16 11:58 AM
    Hold on to my BB10 Passport SE, and Z30 until they die... then zombie land in search of smartphone soul...not icrap,nor android crap but...

  
    01-10-16 12:01 PM
    Having committed to the Priv which I really am not happy with,it's not a Blackberry, I can see what BlackBerry are doing. Getting rid of all apps and developers BlackBerry World and all support involved no further costs behind the scenes as Android will supply everything. The point is that I think BlackBerry will fade into obscurity except for the money making stuff us regular BlackBerry life long supporters do not see or use. Love my Z30 but hate to say that BlackBerry as we know it is doomed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    skstrials and JulesDB like this.
    01-10-16 12:46 PM
    When Chen announces the next Android BlackBerry phone he will have committed the "Adam Osborne Kiss of Death" for any further purchases and support of the Passport and Classic. Possibly for any BlackBerry App development or updates as well.
    lift likes this.
    01-10-16 01:46 PM
396 ... 56789 ...