If there are some left
    01-23-16 08:52 PM
    I'm happy with my Z30. No reason to look for a different device. It does everything I need it to do.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    01-23-16 10:32 PM
    I'm gonna continue with BB10 till the bitter end. The current OS experience is what I want out of a mobile device.

App-wise, I'm good. I do use Facebook and Instagram to which Nemory is hard at it making that work for BB10. In fact, Face10 is a game changer. I've been beta testing it for a little while now and it's way superior to the stock FB app.

I've got a Q10 that I will hold on to till it falls apart in my hand, hopefully another year. After that, the Passport SE will be much lower and I will most likely grab one.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 

I would get the Passport sooner. I feel that BB10 suits a larger screen .
    southlander likes this.
    01-23-16 10:55 PM
    Still stuck with the Z30, just love it. Might eventually get a Passport or Priv (if ecosystem improves), otherwise I'll have to go full android, say Note 5/edge+ or Lumia 950; Nexus 6 seems pretty good but just can't do with the design...

Z30, STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    01-23-16 11:15 PM
    @@timothius01
    Loyalty you say, if your loyal then you ll follow your favorite company even in Windows phone or wherever it goes.
    Ok BlackBerry 10 OS it's a good os but there is no improvements on browser, no updates at all in applications not big amount of users that makes this platform dead yes dead when something is abandoned people leave this place then there is no life there! So that's the problem with BlackBerry 10. We don't have strength to say to someone please update this update that. Viber last update was in 2013!! Linked in, Facebook, foursquare all that apps are old at least 2 years! Applications came with phones and that's it done no updates since then yes smooth platform no lags but the cons??? No cons really?? The heat those devices generates are extreme it's getting extreme hot sometimes it hangs. Z 10!
    Of course I am gonna go android since I love BlackBerry and I will have there all apps updated newer device better one and I am gonna be this one percent in those 6 milion sales! I am gonna help them do this because they know how to do great phones!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 03:38 AM
    I'll wait until there is (or isn't) an announcement of the "Vienna". When or if that happens I'll compare that phone with the Classic, then I'll make my decision. Until then I'll continue using my Passport.
    02-10-16 05:07 AM
    Keep Z30 till stops working then BlackBerry all touch 5 in screen android or bb10 if none then Sony Z3or Z5

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 06:27 AM
    Guess most of us here are going to ride it out...says alot.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 04:09 PM
    Why would you pay that much more for a BB10 phone?
    To avoid Google.
    02-10-16 05:59 PM
    I will get the Turing smartphone with amazing hardware specs. And BB10 like Os, the jolla sailfish Os with active frames, hub, gestures, a fully working android runtime, marshmellow, google play services and store.

  
    02-11-16 12:00 AM
    I certainly have the death touch. I bought a Palm Pre, they went down. I drive a Pontiac and they were shut down. And now I'm using a Classic.

Maybe I should go iPhone...
    Lol. Well Apple too one day will have a declining platform, however many years it takes for the next form factor change in computing to happen and Apple to miss it.

Back in the late 90's I would not have imagined Windows becoming marginalized as a mainstream computing platform so soon. As is happening.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-11-16 03:21 AM
    Cb10
    02-11-16 05:52 AM
    Spot on. A lot of BB10 fans are inherently contrarian people in the first place - which is why they owned non-mainstream products before BB10 and why they plan to move to WinPhone or Tizen or some other micro-niche rather than iOS or Android. These people simply avoid anything mainstream - often because they think they are smarter than everyone else and/or that "mainstream" users are always "dumb sheep". They also are attracted to the drama that comes with niche products - the cycle of joy in discovering something new and unique, followed by the tension of wondering if it will last, and eventually the anger when it eventually fails - or worse, eventually becomes mainstream.

They're also the ones constantly talking about "loyal users" and "loyal supporters", as if loyalty, perceived or real, is more important than mainstream success or profits (to almost any company, it isn't). I've definitely seen this before in other areas besides the smartphone world.
    There's also another reason : there are those who look for the things that best suits there needs. Not knowing everything, but are aware of what they want and don't want and not always finding a mainstream solution.

I was thinking Steve Jobs was that kind of person, who didn't except the status quo and stepped out of the mold to move the industry forward and founded Apple and the IPhone .
    And those who envisioned an open source market for software development, and gave birth to Android.

(It's like in today's world); in the early 1900's those who embraced Edison's more mainstream views, sought to discredit Tesla. But today many credit Tesla for developing the idea of "Smartphone Technology " in 1904. But he was viewed as non-mainstream, in his own time. So time will tell, ...http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...-nikola-tesla/

It's not so much that one is better than the other, as much as one believes that things can be better, and chooses to actively seek a possible alternative, based on their needs. And in this case, BlackBerry fits the bill for as long as it's here. And when it's not, there'll be another alternative. But without those types of individuals searching for a possible alternative, would we even have smartphones or cellphones at all, Crackberry or an opportunity to have this discussion.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 02-12-16 at 01:21 AM.
    02-11-16 06:04 AM
    Spot on. A lot of BB10 fans are inherently contrarian people in the first place - which is why they owned non-mainstream products before BB10 and why they plan to move to WinPhone or Tizen or some other micro-niche rather than iOS or Android. These people simply avoid anything mainstream - often because they think they are smarter than everyone else and/or that "mainstream" users are always "dumb sheep". They also are attracted to the drama that comes with niche products - the cycle of joy in discovering something new and unique, followed by the tension of wondering if it will last, and eventually the anger when it eventually fails - or worse, eventually becomes mainstream.

They're also the ones constantly talking about "loyal users" and "loyal supporters", as if loyalty, perceived or real, is more important than mainstream success or profits (to almost any company, it isn't). I've definitely seen this before in other areas besides the smartphone world.
    BlackBerry was mainstream.
    02-11-16 06:16 AM
    BlackBerry was mainstream.
    BBOS was mainstream. And it kind of proves Troy's point that the vast majority of BBOS guys didn't transition to BB10. I realise it's anecdotal, but many of the posts I remember from the start of BB10 seemed to come from posters who were new to BB having previously been users of other niche OS's. Lots of ex-Palm, ex-Symbian guys as I seem to recall.

There's definitely a contrarian streak in many of us I reckon. I recognise myself that I am more likely to go from one niche product to another - I don't avoid the mainstream product consciously (AFAIK), but I often find myself on the less-travelled road. And, sadly, stubbing my toes on the rocks sometimes when that road peters-out.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    02-11-16 01:49 PM
    BlackBerry until the end. But i will save all my pennies to buy a vertu when the times comes haha

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-12-16 02:44 PM
    BBOS was mainstream. And it kind of proves Troy's point that the vast majority of BBOS guys didn't transition to BB10. I realise it's anecdotal, but many of the posts I remember from the start of BB10 seemed to come from posters who were new to BB having previously been users of other niche OS's. Lots of ex-Palm, ex-Symbian guys as I seem to recall.

There's definitely a contrarian streak in many of us I reckon. I recognise myself that I am more likely to go from one niche product to another - I don't avoid the mainstream product consciously (AFAIK), but I often find myself on the less-travelled road. And, sadly, stubbing my toes on the rocks sometimes when that road peters-out.
    When the only serious complaint that can be levied against BB10 and BB10 devices (until recently) is lack of third-party apps, I don't feel like a contrarian.

For those of you who have latched on to the "BB10 users are intentional outliers" then you would have to believe that if BB10 DID have all the major apps to the point where the app gap was not a significant weakness, well, contrarians would flee the platform for something marginalized, right?

This attitude is rather condescending and frankly, there is plenty of evidence of BB10 enthusiasts trying to grow the platform, not keep it secret.

The BB10 UX is what keeps me on the platform, not the fact that I have to run ugly inconsistent Android apps to get things like Starbucks, etc. (apps that may be self consistent across platforms but not consistent with BB10 UX guidelines) running because I like to make my life difficult.
    02-13-16 01:13 PM
    For those of you who have latched on to the "BB10 users are intentional outliers" (narrative) then you would have to believe that if BB10 DID have all the major apps to the point where the app gap was not a significant weakness, well, contrarians would flee the platform for something marginalized, right?
    IMO, if BB10 had all the apps, just like all the others... then meh, it's just like all the others... and I suspect many BB10'ers would have moved to the next interesting niche product. I went from Nokia to BBOS to WinPhone - avoiding Apple and Android in the process - is that contrairian enough? I thought BB10 too incomplete and buggy (and was still sore over the way BB had handled the Playbook situation) so I passed on BB10 and I went to WinPhone because I liked the look of it. I recognise many aspects of contrarian behaviour in myself... so, no, I don't feel condescended upon in the slightest.

This attitude is rather condescending and frankly, there is plenty of evidence of BB10 enthusiasts trying to grow the platform, not keep it secret.
    Another aspect of people who choose the less travelled road is to feel that the niche products they use are extra-special, and it takes a special kind of person (you know, someone smart, witty and debonaire; like myself ) to truly appreciate these products. Frankly, any product I choose to use is damn lucky to have me. I consider myself part of an elite, and I spend time telling others just how great my niche product truly is so that it will grow and more people can appreciate just how great it is, and what they are missing because they aren't in on the secret. Unfortunately, most of the people to whom I promote my niche products seem to be quite content with their mainstream product. As inexplicable as this may be, I content myself with the realisation that they're just sheep, and aren't ready to join the elite anyway.

Of course, that's just me... your mileage may differ.
    02-13-16 01:43 PM
    You could always have some fun and mod existing BB10 devices.

Here's my BlackBerry Q10 Bold Edition:

No New BB10 Devices What Are We Going To Do Guys-wp_20160213_005.jpg

No New BB10 Devices What Are We Going To Do Guys-wp_20160213_004.jpg

No New BB10 Devices What Are We Going To Do Guys-wp_20160213_001.jpg

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    outlooker likes this.
    02-13-16 02:39 PM
    Frankly, any product I choose to use is damn lucky to have me. I consider myself part of an elite, and I spend time telling others just how great my niche product truly is so that it will grow and more people can appreciate just how great it is, and what they are missing because they aren't in on the secret.
    And when my niche product turns out to be fugly... that can't happen.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-13-16 03:30 PM
    Z30 seems to be everybody's favourite. If only a successor to this model came out..... with BlackBerry 10, and with full dedication to the ecosystem from BlackBerry I'd be in "BlackBerry seventh heaven"...

Also wouldn't mind a camera that rivals or bests the iPhone (here's a hint BlackBerry: partner up with the photography giants Nikon or Canon for their lenses since a patent agreement is in place with one... why not?). Nikon lenses are the best, Canon got the best video quality. Blend the two together and BlackBerry's got a winner.

Posted via CB10
    nt300 likes this.
    02-13-16 05:23 PM
    Enjoying the Samsung S6 Edge. After 13 years and at least 10 Blackberry devices, it's time to move on.

posted by either my Passport or S6 Edge, depending on my mood.
    02-13-16 07:15 PM
    Stick with the Z30 and upgrade to the Passport SE when price comes down. And hopefully we get. Z30 replacement in 2017 if not earlier.

Rocking a Z30
    02-14-16 04:56 AM
    Guess most of us here are going to ride it out...says alot.

Posted via CB10
    It will be interesting to see who is sill around this time next year. Unfortunately, we've witnessed some long-term supporters leave. It's all dependant on what fits your needs.

I think some were hoping that BB10 would have the app gap fixed via means of a fluid android runtime, including Google Play Services. I guess those dreams were shattered when the Priv showed up.

It could also be said that many would've lost hope to see no new features coming to BB10, myself included. Yes, it's sad to see BB10's development come to grinding halt, however, the OS is very mature at this stage.

I'm not too worried about the android emulator being stuck at 4.1. Really, I'm not, as the android apps running in the background just eat your battery life due to the fact that the android apps are being ran in a Virtual Machine type environment.

I will be here as I'm not dependant on apps.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    02-14-16 11:29 AM
    Stick to the Z30 until they finally release a Z30 BB10 replacement. The Leap is a complete Joke. That phone could have been a upgrade path. JC messed up on that one.

Rocking a Z30
    02-14-16 05:13 PM
396 ... 13141516