03-17-16 08:04 AM
396 ... 1213141516
tools
    Who said there will be no more BB10 devices?

Just wait until 2017.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    01-15-16 04:26 PM

Just wait until 2017.
    I already made other plans, but feel free to wait as long as you want.
    JeepBB, lift and Jakob Greve like this.
    01-15-16 04:51 PM
    However i will keep my Blackberry Z10 as my main phone since it's the best mobile phone i have ever had due to BB10.

Shame Blackberry decided to kill the best OS on mobile phones.

Let's face it.

No new BB10 phone will kill BB10 OS.
    Blackberry didn't really kill BB10, the lack of consumer (and for that matter government and corporate) interest in BB10 and a logical business decision by Blackberry in response to that lack of interest is what killed BB10.
    GadgetTravel and JeepBB like this.
    01-15-16 05:06 PM
    None. Name me one that takes as long as BlackBerry, don't know about Priv, does to address them.
    IPhone......Atteneagate.....You're Holding it Wrong!.... for one.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 05:33 PM
    Ive already killed my self and took my SE PP and UNlocked ATT Classic to the grave with the location setting turned off so you all cant find me and steal my phones, lol
    Hahah 😂

Posted via Priv...
    01-18-16 07:15 AM
    Why would you pay that much more for a BB10 phone?
    I want to use superior mobile OS . Best for business , no lags, great battery autonomy .
    01-19-16 03:05 PM
    I am not sure what I will do, to be honest. I thoroughly love my Passport. I have to use an Android for my part-time job and it just is not for me. I am not knocking it - I can see why people love it. But, it is such a breath of fresh air for me to get back on my Passport and back into the hub.

So, we will see what the future holds, but I would love to purchase a Passport II in 2017. It probably will not happen, but I would drop some serious cash on one the first day it is for sale.

Posted via CB10
    lift and JulesDB like this.
    01-19-16 03:47 PM
    What would a car connoisseur do if they stopped making Ferraris or Porsche or Aston Martins etc? They would drive something mundane and tedious like BMW or Audi or Ford, perfectly serviceable but no pazzaz .
    The same is true of phones;when years from now ,these beautiful devises cease to function, their owners will stop running the world for a few moments and order themselves some joyless piece of crap which sort of gets the job done, the make of which is largely irrelevant.
    Until that day they will have the joy of using something truly special, truly stand alone . Something that was done in the pursuit of sheer excellence . And perhaps look back on a time when it was OK to be different, when marketing moguls didn't force you to upgrade to some thing with a slightly different button every ten minutes.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 06:31 AM
    Maybe should BlackBerry make a really premium BB10 phone and sell it for more than a iPhone. Sell it with a 3 year warranty. Would you pay ? Even if it had only BBW apps?
    01-20-16 02:47 PM
    What would a car connoisseur do if they stopped making Ferraris or Porsche or Aston Martins etc? They would drive something mundane and tedious like BMW or Audi or Ford, perfectly serviceable but no pazzaz .
    The same is true of phones;when years from now ,these beautiful devises cease to function, their owners will stop running the world for a few moments and order themselves some joyless piece of crap which sort of gets the job done, the make of which is largely irrelevant.
    Until that day they will have the joy of using something truly special, truly stand alone . Something that was done in the pursuit of sheer excellence . And perhaps look back on a time when it was OK to be different, when marketing moguls didn't force you to upgrade to some thing with a slightly different button every ten minutes.

Posted via CB10
    More likely they'll move on.... and wonder why they didn't do it sooner. I've known way too many BlackBerry users that are very happy with their move away from BlackBerry. Sure some "say" they miss the old keyboards, but none of them really want to give up a full screen. Which had me hoping that the PRIV might find a market..... but pricing and lack of marketing has lead me to doubt they will.
    01-20-16 03:12 PM
    I'm probably going to get a used Z30 for 150 Ä, if I can get a year and a half out of it I'm fine.
    01-20-16 03:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    This made me laugh. Certainly OK to use whatever you want but the comparison was quite exaggerated.
    01-20-16 05:08 PM
    I never had any problems with my Z10 rebooting. Battery life wasn't great, but people lapped up iPhones with bad battery life like kittens and warm milk.
    That's because they worked.

Posted via CB10
    lift and GadgetTravel like this.
    01-20-16 05:27 PM
    So I'm guessing that I should return my Z30 that I just picked up from EBay for $217.

Posted via CB10
    I just grab one to. Loving it.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 10:34 AM
    Maybe should BlackBerry make a really premium BB10 phone and sell it for more than a iPhone. Sell it with a 3 year warranty. Would you pay ? Even if it had only BBW apps?
    Sounds like a plan to me.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 02:23 PM
    This is a very interesting article. I'm trying to analyze all my past purchases.
    Harbingers of Failure.

As a resident of Ohio, close to Cleveland, I am a Browns fan
    Look up "factory of sadness"

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 03:31 AM

Just wait until 2017.

Posted via CB10
    I thought I was the only one thinking that.
    Loving my creamy Z30 more each day, so I am not in any hurry for a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 07:48 AM
    anyone knows any legitimate info on Priv sales figures? Obviously there are no new devices because they are not yet sure they can afford to make them...
    01-23-16 08:03 AM
    OP... how about getting another PP or Classic rocking this year

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    01-23-16 08:41 AM
    Although the Passport and Priv cause me salivate more than one of Pavlov's dogs, I will be sticking with my Z30 until it gives up the ghost. BB10 is simply the best OS for my needs right now and is still miles ahead of Android and IOS as I am not a big consumer of apps. For communicating by phone, text and email, organizing work and tasks, BB10 meets my demands superbly. Then again, my needs and usage may not be as demanding or as varied as others who do want "more" than what is available currently from BlackBerry but that is the essence of the selecting a mobile device and OS; it's really a personal and unique decision for each user. Given how John Chen has been navigating the stormy seas of a turnaround for the company and his recent statements, I believe that he is staying true to the goal of making BlackBerry profitable and gaining greater market share. It is after all a business and as a businessman he is pursuing what he believes to be the best course to enhance the business of BlackBerry. Keeping that in mind, I think that the long term goal he has in mind is to place BlackBerry in the best position possible for a future merger or sale thereby gaining the best possible return for investors. I hope I'm wrong but given recent company acquisitions, his unwavering reiteration of secure software being the future of BlackBerry's business line, the move to Android with the launch of the Priv, the demise of BlackBerry developer support and recent comments (or lack thereof) about the future of BB10 and hardware, Chen does appear to be less concerned about BlackBerry loyalists and more concerned about what is right for the company. That is, after all, why he was hired. So while it may not be popular to say so, it will come down to the user adapting to what may be perceived as a shift in BlackBerry's goals in the market rather than urging BlackBerry to heed the pleas and angst of the users of its BB10 devices. If the individual user cannot adapt to the changes at BlackBerry then like anything else, it will be time for the individual user to find a device/platform which best serves him/her. Heartbreaking to say so as I do love my BlackBerry devices, but in reality there is nothing more one can do other than enjoy the good things BlackBerry still offers and hope that the future will be brighter than what the naysayers are forecasting. So for the time being, "You rock, BlackBerry! "....

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 01:52 PM
    Loyalty is not more important than mainstream success, but if harnessed properly, it can be a key to mainstream success. BlackBerry never understood this simple concept. Apple did, and leveraged their small base of loyal customers who wanted their, at the time, niche products, into the mainstream behemoth it is today. And contrary to your assertion, even after becoming mainstream, that base and others still can't get enough of Apple's products.

--~~--~~--~~--~Et too, Chen?~~--~~--~--~~--
    TgeekB, donnation and Velocitymj like this.
    01-23-16 02:12 PM
    Adapt and evolve with the constant changes now and in the future. Move forward or be left behind.
    01-23-16 02:24 PM
    I just grab one to. Loving it.

Posted via CB10
    I decided to keep my Z30 too. Now I am wondering what took me so long to upgrade from the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    01-23-16 07:56 PM
    I decided to keep my Z30 too. Now I am wondering what took me so long to upgrade from the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I've had my Z30 for a year and a half.

Still amazed how good it is. Should have been the first BlackBerry 10 handset.

Will keep until it breaks. After that I will go to a Priv unless there is a change in the apparent BlackBerry 10 wind down.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    01-23-16 08:17 PM
    I'm gonna continue with BB10 till the bitter end. The current OS experience is what I want out of a mobile device.

App-wise, I'm good. I do use Facebook and Instagram to which Nemory is hard at it making that work for BB10. In fact, Face10 is a game changer. I've been beta testing it for a little while now and it's way superior to the stock FB app.

I've got a Q10 that I will hold on to till it falls apart in my hand, hopefully another year. After that, the Passport SE will be much lower and I will most likely grab one.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιĘт > 
    lactose and graylingboy like this.
    01-23-16 08:41 PM
396 ... 1213141516