03-17-16 08:04 AM
396 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    So, if you could travel back in time with smaller phone components and other advances in cell phone manufacturing, you could improved a phone designed in 2012? I don't see your point at all? Why not compare the Z10 to the iPhone 5 which was designed at the same time and released a few months earlier? It had a 1440 mHa battery.

Posted via CB10
    Battery tech really hasn't advanced much. You still need about the same volume of battery material to get about the same capacity, and a little bit of thickness helps a lot more than making the phone bigger, without having as much of a noticeable affect. With a thinner but longer and wider battery a lot more is wasted in the plastic casing around the battery then a slightly thicker volume. It's the simple math of surface are vs volume.

And the iPhone 5 is 7.6mm. still less than 9mm by a good percentage.
    01-13-16 09:18 AM
    Planning on keeping mine as long as I can

Posted via CB10
    Same here planning on doing the same.
    01-13-16 11:00 AM
    So you're saying that something is wrong with Apple as well. As far as I know, you can't get Google Hangouts on any iOS devices, or can you???
    No, I said nothing of the sort. I have an iPad, with Google Hangouts on it. Works fine.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    01-13-16 11:30 AM
    HG10 is in BBW. Works but not great. It does interact with the Hub. Stopped using it since I purchased a Samsung Galaxy A5 (good phone good price).

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 11:35 AM
    Perhaps it is... Failing, I mean

I could provide links to the CB posts on random reboots, poor battery management, and the numerous bugs in 10.0. Not to mention the posts containing the entirely reasonable expectation that BB10 would be better than BBOS rather than BB10.0 actually removing useful functionality that BBOS users found extremely productive... but I won't post those links as we both realise it would be pointless as it wouldn't change anyone's opinion.

... And it also wouldn't change where BB10 is now - an OS in the support phase with no further devices planned.
    I guess the bugs just didn't affect my use of the device. I moved from my 9700 to the Z10 on launch day and have been happy with it ever since. My only complaint is that I was used to indestructible plastic screens and had a rude awakening when I dropped my new toy on a concrete floor two days after buying it. So, I actually bought 2 Z10s in the first week.

Of course I wish the battery lasted longer, but with a charger and extra battery I have never seriously entertained replacing my Z10, though the Passport is compelling. My attitude to the lack of apps and new features is "Meh." There's nothing missing I would use.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 03:30 PM
    I am very comfortable on an iPhone, but I find it intolerably clunky for high volume communication, and I find the keyboard experience painfully bad. It just doesn't work for me at all. I used an iPhone 5s for two weeks recently, and I found myself eating lunch at my desk so I wouldn't have to use it for email during my break. I really, really, really dislike iOS.

Posted via CB10
    That's why I switched from iPhone to BlackBerry in the first place. The home button to switch between apps was absolutely a dread. Still is when I lay my hands on an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 03:47 PM
    That's why I switched from iPhone to BlackBerry in the first place. The home button to switch between apps was absolutely a dread. Still is when I lay my hands on an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I guess it's just personal preference. Swipe....press a button....pick your poison. Both get the job done.
    lift and kbz1960 like this.
    01-13-16 05:16 PM
    I guess it's just personal preference. Swipe....press a button....pick your poison. Both get the job done.
    True but I do like the Android back button, home button and open apps button better than the iOS approach.
    01-13-16 06:47 PM
    True but I do like the Android back button, home button and open apps button better.
    There you go. 1, 2, or 3.
    01-13-16 06:49 PM
    Perhaps it is... Failing, I mean

I could provide links to the CB posts on random reboots, poor battery management, and the numerous bugs in 10.0.
    Name me a phone platform that hasn't had its share of bugs.
    01-13-16 07:05 PM
    Hold on to my BB10 Passport SE, and Z30 until they die... then zombie land in search of smartphone soul...not icrap,nor android crap but...

  
    Watch out, they're on your lawn already. "We're coming..." :-)

(the game actually still plays well on any phone I have)

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    01-13-16 07:17 PM
    I Just ordered a PP Silver so i will be good for another couple of years.
    01-13-16 10:24 PM
    Name me a phone platform that hasn't had its share of bugs.
    None. Name me one that takes as long as BlackBerry, don't know about Priv, does to address them.
    lift and JeepBB like this.
    01-14-16 06:31 AM
    None. Name me one that takes as long as BlackBerry, don't know about Priv, does to address them.
    Blackberry does suck on that regard.
    Now why anyone would chose Blackberry to provide Android updates as is beyond me. Device cant be rooted and you rely on Blackberry... (a company on its handset division deathbed) to provide all updates and revision upgrades. Better save any leaked autoloaders you find. At least BB10 starts off fairly secure, no matter when they ditch handsets or android the Priv owners will be left vulnerable and update-less.
    lift and JeepBB like this.
    01-14-16 07:43 AM
    Whatsapp update in the beta zone Jan 4th 2016 check it out

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 08:07 AM
    Having rocked an OG Passport from the beginning, followed by a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition, I believe this device to be ahead of it's time and intend to keep using it until at least 2020. We'll all know what's what with BB10os by then.

CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    01-14-16 08:20 AM
    HG10 is in BBW. Works but not great. It does interact with the Hub. Stopped using it since I purchased a Samsung Galaxy A5 (good phone good price).

Posted via CB10
    I tried HG10, but we use dual factor authentication, which HG10 doesn't handle. It's such an imperfect and frustrating world, isn't it.
    01-14-16 09:46 AM
    Perhaps my memory is failing me, or perhaps my use case was in BB10's sweet spot, but I don't remember 10.0 being so bad.

Posted via CB10
    Oh it was. But every update got it a little bit better just as Windows did. 10.3.1 though is hit or miss. I love the unlimited folders and the updated UI with extra line of icons, hate the missing flash player. Why they do that!?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 02:47 PM
    hate the missing flash player. Why they do that!?
    Because Adobe ended development and support of Flash on mobile devices.
    01-14-16 04:39 PM
    Yes. As I recall it was apple that said no Flash. Maybe Jobs in fact. Adobe lost that battle.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 05:40 PM
    Thats all good but they could have just left it in there and done their own minor updates too it. The end of Flash is near but its not here yet.
    01-14-16 09:14 PM
    I bought a Z 10 on release and I never ever had a problem with it. Off course the battery could have been a little better.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    01-14-16 09:46 PM
    No, what gets me the most is that when they released the android BlackBerry, they went all out on marketing when they should've done that with bb10

Posted via CB10
    This marketing stunt with Android ⏰ alarm many of us!

Posted via Priv...
    01-14-16 11:55 PM
    Actually Adobe wanted flash to be popular on mobiles but Apple and Steve Jobs shunned it in favour of HTML5. It appeared on Android briefly, but it was considered garbage and Adobe finally got the message and ceased development.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 05:16 AM
    This marketing stunt with Android alarm many of us!

Posted via Priv...
    The reason why they're doing so much marketing of the Priv(one reason anyway) is that with the Priv, they have an answer for those want a BlackBerry and a large app selection. Why market a phone and an OS that either doesn't have the apps the average consumer wants, or that have to be side-loaded somehow?
    01-15-16 07:42 AM
396 ... 1112131415 ...