Think about it for a sec...

How will you get an iPhone 6 size battery in an iPhone 4 sized Z10?
    I did think about it. If one is equating size, then the comparison shouldn't use the word "contemporary", which is defined as "existing, occurring, or living at the same time" or "of about the same age or date" oro "of the present time, modern." There's nothing in there about physical qualities, such as size or thickness.
    01-12-16 03:02 PM
    What is wrong with the current line up of BB10 phones? I cant believe I wasted 5 secs on this post.
    Mostly the lack of apps.

Example: I want to have Google Hangouts, as we use this heavily at work.
    Despite Cobalt's fine work, I have been unable to get it to work because we use two-factor authentication.

Now, I'm an IT professional and I find it difficult to get things set up to get the Google apps - image how hard it is for a non-technical person.

There are all sorts of really great apps that are available on iOS or Android that just don't exist in the BB world - turns people off.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    01-12-16 03:03 PM
    Respect? Wow.. so you expect BlackBerry to lose money by making a device just for you? Lol
    It's not just for him. There are plenty of BlackBerry users that would rather continue to use BB10 devices than go to an android device. The Priv is not going to get too many BlackBerry users to convert to android. Look at the various threads in this forum. BB10 is preferred over android. Users here just want BB10 with more native app support. BlackBerry moving to android is killing BB10 app support so the app gap is getting worse.
    01-12-16 03:05 PM
    It's not just for him. There are plenty of BlackBerry users that would rather continue to use BB10 devices than go to an android device. The Priv is not going to get too many BlackBerry users to convert to android. Look at the various threads in this forum. BB10 is preferred over android. Users here just want BB10 with more native app support. BlackBerry moving to android is killing BB10 app support so the app gap is getting worse.
    The idea is to get new users to BB and grow market share,not recycle existing users to Android.

I have been using B B for nearly 20 years now. I have my Passport and can't imagine life without a BB OS phone. Every time I pick up another brand I shake my head in bewilderment as to how people use them..... and want to throw it across the room.

I guess there are 2 major things that set BB apart and may keep the OS going into the future:
    Security and for most of us the PKB.
    What are we going to do without THAT keyboard????

What are governments and their agencies going to do without THAT security????
    lift likes this.
    01-12-16 03:35 PM
    guys there a new update it says in Blackberries facebook page... so i dont think its useful to keep this threat rolling but go grab your update on BB10!!!

https://www.facebook.com/Blackberry
    01-12-16 03:55 PM
    guys there a new update it says in Blackberries facebook page... so i dont think its useful to keep this threat rolling but go grab your update on BB10!!!

I can confirm that the hotfix works to fix the ART.
    01-12-16 03:59 PM
    What are governments and their agencies going to do without THAT security????
    As hard as it is for some here to believe, plenty of governments and agencies are doing just fine with iOS and even Android. And there are other options as well, such as BlackPhone. While BB10 (with BES) is certainly a great option for those needing high levels of security, it certainly isn't the only option. It may not even be the "best" option, depending on the specific requirements. But the vast majority of government workers would be just fine with a BES-secured iOS or Android phone - BES being much more important than BB10 in the security equation. Remember that most government workers aren't exactly protecting state secrets...
    01-12-16 04:00 PM

Doesn't mention new devices one way or the other, so no reason to close the thread IMO.
    01-12-16 04:00 PM
    They tried their best with BB10 and did not get the required traction plain and simple. This is a business decision they had to make in order to stay alive in the hardware business. All they can do is continue to support BB10 for a few years, to which they have committed. Those of us on BB10 can continue to use the product till end of life and then we either have to move to BB on Android (which I will definitely do) or leave blackberry. This was a decision Blackberry had to make and I don't think something the BB10 faithful need to take personally as indicated in some of the comments here
    GadgetTravel and zlatno like this.
    01-12-16 06:36 PM
    Mostly the lack of apps.

Despite Cobalt's fine work, I have been unable to get it to work because we use two-factor authentication.

Now, I'm an IT professional and I find it difficult to get things set up to get the Google apps - image how hard it is for a non-technical person.

There are all sorts of really great apps that are available on iOS or Android that just don't exist in the BB world - turns people off.
    Well im a IT professional too and I have just about removed Google services from my life. Its a fact that information and mail is more secure at Microsoft, and because of regulation and standards, I dont have to feel like googles science project while I am on the internet.
    lift likes this.
    01-12-16 07:18 PM
    Well im a IT professional too and I have just about removed Google services from my life. Its a fact that information and mail is more secure at Microsoft, and because of regulation and standards, I dont have to feel like googles science project while I am on the internet.
    I saw the other day that Windows 10 mobile is the more secure mobile device. Not a single virus or spyware on the platform but the lack of quality apps is why I am with Android.
    01-12-16 07:38 PM
    I saw the other day that Windows 10 mobile is the more secure mobile device. Not a single virus or spyware on the platform but the lack of quality apps is why I am with Android.
    I was refering to Microsoft Services like Drive, Free Outlook, Outlook 365, One Note, etc etc. All the crap google does, just with MS and somewhere else.

Windows Phone I dont know and cant care any less about windows phone.
    lift likes this.
    01-12-16 07:43 PM
    Think about it for a sec...

How will you get an iPhone 6 size battery in an iPhone 4 sized Z10?
    Apple iPhone 6 - Full phone specifications
    BlackBerry Z10 - Full phone specifications

iPhone 6 thickness: 6.9mm
    Blackberry Z10 thickness: 9mm
    About 23% thicker.

01-12-16 09:20 PM
    As well as getting a Z30 and Passport to supplement my...

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    Getting another Classic and Silver Passport as backups for future use.
    01-12-16 10:37 PM
    Mostly the lack of apps.

So you're saying that something is wrong with Apple as well. As far as I know, you can't get Google Hangouts on any iOS devices, or can you???
    01-13-16 02:50 AM
    Android = over 80% market share
    BB10 = less than 0.5% market share
    01-13-16 02:51 AM
    Spot on. A lot of BB10 fans are inherently contrarian people in the first place - which is why they owned non-mainstream products before BB10 and why they plan to move to WinPhone or Tizen or some other micro-niche rather than iOS or Android. These people simply avoid anything mainstream - often because they think they are smarter than everyone else and/or that "mainstream" users are always "dumb sheep". They also are attracted to the drama that comes with niche products - the cycle of joy in discovering something new and unique, followed by the tension of wondering if it will last, and eventually the anger when it eventually fails - or worse, eventually becomes mainstream.

They're also the ones constantly talking about "loyal users" and "loyal supporters", as if loyalty, perceived or real, is more important than mainstream success or profits (to almost any company, it isn't). I've definitely seen this before in other areas besides the smartphone world.
    I buy BlackBerry products because I like them. They work well for me. I own a Passport and a Priv and both are excellent at what they do. I tend to be loyal to whatever works well for me and drop it like a hot brick when it doesn't. BlackBerry however has not let me down when it comes to running my business when away from the office, so i'll keep buy their products until they are no longer available. As far as iphone goes, it has a few constraints that come from trying to cater to the lowest common denominator I suppose. Android is great as a personal phone, hence why I have a Priv. I suppose if BlackBerry stop making bb10 handsets, it'll be windows 10 for me as the office integration is very good. I'll just have to mourn the loss of the pkb. If BlackBerry keep BlackBerry 10 alive in terms of updates, i'll just keep buying Passports until I can't. As far as app development goes, I have all I need and haven't installed any new apps in ages. I guess it is what it is and we have to deal with it. I still have an HD DVD player and about 50 discs. It's a shame that one went south but I don't regret the purchase. It's all part of the journey.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    01-13-16 03:54 AM
    Apple iPhone 6 - Full phone specifications
    BlackBerry Z10 - Full phone specifications

iPhone 6 thickness: 6.9mm
    Blackberry Z10 thickness: 9mm
    About 23% thicker.

http://i.imgur.com/XWOuu8G.gif
    So, if you could travel back in time with smaller phone components and other advances in cell phone manufacturing, you could improved a phone designed in 2012? I don't see your point at all? Why not compare the Z10 to the iPhone 5 which was designed at the same time and released a few months earlier? It had a 1440 mHa battery.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 04:25 AM
    Let me hold on to my dear Classic hoping this party isn't over yet... :'(

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 05:29 AM
    Give Windows phone a try. I like it a lot better than Android and iOS. The Lumia 830 is a great replacement for Z10/Z30 users.
    I took the WP path after realizing that the brand new Z10 STL100-1 I got on 2013 was a sort of developer device. From the Z10 I moved to a Lumia 920. The learning curve was a pain, but MS kept adding more and more features to the OS (not to mention they got way better support from developers), then I moved to a Lumia 925, and now I'm using a Lumia 930. Even my wife moved from her iPhone 5 to a Lumia 830.
    01-13-16 06:46 AM
    My first smartphone was a Palm Treo P. After that a Pre Plus that just died 2 weeks ago after 5 years! I've been following Blackberry for most of 2015 knowing that the Pre's days were numbered. So on New Years Eve I went to my local Verizon store told them that I needed a new phone and that I wanted the BB Classic ( since that's all they offer). The store manager did not try to talk me out of it, and said they showed 1 in stock. And they did, so now I have my first Blackberry and I love it. The Classic is a great phone!! I've used my wife's IPhone & seen my friends Android phones & new that they were lacking. The Classic does everything that I need and more. After two weeks I'm still learning BB10 but it's a Great OS!!
    Gazza12 likes this.
    01-13-16 07:26 AM
    I took the WP path after realizing that the brand new Z10 STL100-1 I got on 2013 was a sort of developer device. From the Z10 I moved to a Lumia 920. The learning curve was a pain, but MS kept adding more and more features to the OS (not to mention they got way better support from developers), then I moved to a Lumia 925, and now I'm using a Lumia 930. Even my wife moved from her iPhone 5 to a Lumia 830.
    This is me! ... except for the step involving buying the Z10. I knew without trying it that 10.0 was garbage.

The jury is still out though on whether WP will make it, or become the next OS to bite the dust.

P.S. Anyone wishing to comment on my use of "garbage" above should feel free to substitute "unfinished Beta" if it makes you feel better about the buggy and feature-lacking mess that was 10.0.
    01-13-16 07:31 AM
    This is me! ... except for the step involving buying the Z10. I knew without trying it that 10.0 was garbage.

The jury is still out though on whether WP will make it, or become the next OS to bite the dust.

P.S. Anyone wishing to comment on my use of "garbage" above should feel free to substitute "unfinished Beta" if it makes you feel better about the buggy and feature-lacking mess that was 10.0.
    Perhaps my memory is failing me, or perhaps my use case was in BB10's sweet spot, but I don't remember 10.0 being so bad.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 08:08 AM
    Perhaps my memory is failing me, or perhaps my use case was in BB10's sweet spot, but I don't remember 10.0 being so bad.

Posted via CB10
    Your memory is failing you. It was bad when it first released.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-13-16 08:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps it is... Failing, I mean

I could provide links to the CB posts on random reboots, poor battery management, and the numerous bugs in 10.0. Not to mention the posts containing the entirely reasonable expectation that BB10 would be better than BBOS rather than BB10.0 actually removing useful functionality that BBOS users found extremely productive... but I won't post those links as we both realise it would be pointless as it wouldn't change anyone's opinion.

... And it also wouldn't change where BB10 is now - an OS in the support phase with no further devices planned.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-13-16 08:32 AM
396 ... 1011121314 ...