This is just not true at all...there was virtually zero marketing...at least here in the states.
    Bull
    01-12-16 06:17 AM
    Stop posting silly posts like this for one.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 08:08 AM
    Ive already killed my self and took my SE PP and UNlocked ATT Classic to the grave with the location setting turned off so you all cant find me and steal my phones, lol
    hahaaaa same thing going into my mind!
    01-12-16 08:11 AM
    I just got the BB passport SE, will hold on to it as long as I can and then move to a BB Android.
    Last edited by Sasee; 01-12-16 at 08:16 AM. Reason: added more
    01-12-16 08:14 AM
    True man, Pontiac was great, that was an irresponsible decision in my opinion.

Posted via the mighty White Passport
    Not at the end it wasn't . Had they followed through in other products it could have been great. What it was at the end though was simply a mess. Not even as nice as the Chevrolet products they came from.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 09:25 AM
    I have ordered a Chinese android phone.
    That's what i did.
    Android is the same on all devices so i don't find any reason to buy a blackberry Priv at the price of 700 euro just to have the same android interface as a chinese phone of 100 euro.

However i will keep my Blackberry Z10 as my main phone since it's the best mobile phone i have ever had due to BB10.

Shame Blackberry decided to kill the best OS on mobile phones.

Let's face it.

No new BB10 phone will kill BB10 OS.
    ssbtech, jsmith00075 and lift like this.
    01-12-16 09:38 AM
    I never had any problems with my Z10 rebooting. Battery life wasn't great, but people lapped up iPhones with bad battery life like kittens and warm milk.

BB10's UI needed a little more polish out of the box. It's still a little rough in places.
    The Z10, in general, had worse battery life than any iPhone ever did. In fact, I was worried about getting an iPhone due to battery life issues and have had a pleasant experience on an iPhone 6. But different people can have different experiences.
    01-12-16 10:12 AM
    It is funny but I sold my Z30 yesterday, just when this announcement came. Bought Priv last year and a very happy camper. My original plan was to hold on to Z30 until Spring to see if they will be releasing another BB10 device but it became clean (and it hurt) that there will be none...
    01-12-16 10:31 AM
    The Z10, in general, had worse battery life than any iPhone ever did. In fact, I was worried about getting an iPhone due to battery life issues and have had a pleasant experience on an iPhone 6. But different people can have different experiences.
    Well, I'm certainly not going to defend the Z10's battery life, because it was never great. But I think it's also been exaggerated for typical use.

In any case, I've always carried a charger and extra battery because I've never found a small form factor glass slab phone that can last 12 hours of hard use. And because I can get tied up in client meetings where I can't really plug in, I would need a portable battery and charger for any phone anyway.

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    01-12-16 10:50 AM
    Well, I'm certainly not going to defend the Z10's battery life, because it was never great. But I think it's also been exaggerated for typical use.

In any case, I've always carried a charger and extra battery because I've never found a small form factor glass slab phone that can last 12 hours of hard use. And because I can get tied up in client meetings where I can't really plug in, I would need a portable battery and charger for any phone anyway.

Posted via CB10
    I can only speak from my own experience. I would only get 6-8 hours. The phone would get hot. Now with my iPhone 6 I get through a day easily with battery to spare and the same usage. I've read similar stories but have also heard people who say their usage is fine. Too many variables involved.
    lift likes this.
    01-12-16 11:15 AM
    Just gave away the Q10 to our maid, barely if ever used it. My Galaxy S4 32GB remains my back up.
    01-12-16 11:34 AM
    I can only speak from my own experience. I would only get 6-8 hours. The phone would get hot. Now with my iPhone 6 I get through a day easily with battery to spare and the same usage. I've read similar stories but have also heard people who say their usage is fine. Too many variables involved.
    Bigger phones = bigger batteries
    Newer phones = newer batteries (less degradation), more advanced battery technology, and more energy efficient processors

So the iPhone 6 naturally has better battery performance than the iPhone 4, which is contemporary with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    gmsm likes this.
    01-12-16 12:12 PM
    Newer phones = newer batteries (less degradation), more advanced battery technology, and more energy efficient processors

So the iPhone 6 naturally has better battery performance than the iPhone 4, which is contemporary with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Very true.
    01-12-16 12:12 PM
    Z10 battery not great, but gets me through the day. Others on here report terrible battery life. I think so can all agree that the Z10 has the worst battery life of all the bb10 phones.

Prior to the iPhone 6, battery life was bad for iPhones. Apple has certainly remedied this from iPhone 6 moving forward.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 12:15 PM
    I have ordered a Chinese android phone.
    That's what i did.
    Android is the same on all devices so i don't find any reason to buy a blackberry Priv at the price of 700 euro just to have the same android interface as a chinese phone of 100 euro.
    Good luck with that. I got a cheap high end Windows phone and the shoddy build quality and cheap components were one of the things that sent me back to blackberry.
    01-12-16 12:38 PM
    Good luck with that. I got a cheap high end Windows phone and the shoddy build quality and cheap components were one of the things that sent me back to blackberry.
    Not to mention wanting to be part of the monthly update program that the Priv has nailed so far.
    01-12-16 12:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually the iPhone 4 was released in 2010, the Z10 in 2013, and the iPhone 6 in 2014, so I'd expect the Z10 to be closer to the iPhone 6 than the iPhone 4.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-12-16 01:40 PM
    Actually the iPhone 4 was released in 2010, the Z10 in 2013, and the iPhone 6 in 2014, so I'd expect the Z10 to be closer to the iPhone 6 than the iPhone 4.
    Think about it for a sec...

How will you get an iPhone 6 size battery in an iPhone 4 sized Z10?
    01-12-16 02:00 PM
    What you're saying is weird, either you like BlackBerry's or you don't. If you don't you should have moved on by now. If you like BlackBerry's then the devices that'll have most in common with BlackBerry 10 o.s is BlackBerry's version of android. No other manufacturer will come close. You'll be screwing yourself.

Posted via CB10
    You'll be lying to yourself by thinking that Android (and above all the stock one) can't be the same on all devices or a substitute to BlackBerry10.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 02:01 PM
    BB10 as long as possible...
    So far, great devices that keep going thanks to Cobalt.
    Let�s see... looking forwards to see SO uptades.
    Cheers!
    01-12-16 02:04 PM
    Blackberry 10OS is essential to E2E security for BlackBerry. If they want to maintain their reputation of providing top notch security, then they need to continue to maintain and enhance the BlackBerry 10OS.

BB10OS is not for consumers at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    01-12-16 02:15 PM
    Moving maybe to Priv ?
    01-12-16 02:45 PM
    Z10 battery not great, but gets me through the day. Others on here report terrible battery life. I think so can all agree that the Z10 has the worst battery life of all the bb10 phones.

Prior to the iPhone 6, battery life was bad for iPhones. Apple has certainly remedied this from iPhone 6 moving forward.

Posted via CB10
    That's good to know. I had heard a lot of bad things with iPhone battery life and thought maybe I was just lucky.
    01-12-16 02:48 PM
    How will you get an iPhone 6 size battery in an iPhone 4 sized Z10?
    It's about the same capacity. Z10 = 1800mAh, iPhone 6 = 1810mAh, iPhone 6s = 1715mAh. iPhone 6 and 6s have unbelievable standby battery conserving features built into the OS.
    01-12-16 02:57 PM
    BlackBerry didn't respect who kept it alive until now.

There will be a day when I will switch to Android.

And it won't be a BlackBerry anymore. Period.

It all began with the Playbook, we all have to remember where all the money we put for it are gone after few months...
    Respect? Wow.. so you expect BlackBerry to lose money by making a device just for you? Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 03:00 PM
396 ... 910111213 ...