No new devices? Really? What do you expect? When you here say only BB10 is dead. Now you are surprised that aren't no new BB10 devices? Really?

If you want save BB10 http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-10-a-1045652/
    STOP COMPLAIN!

Thanks to the God that we have a man like John Chen instead of Apotheker or the board of HP. He don't want kill BB10, but for make alive, for make a viable product, we need a COMMUNITY that is alive. And not people that complain, complain, complain and complain.

If i want buy a BB10 device and i read this forum, do you think i'm going to buy after reading your complain? NO.
    This community with all this complain are become the first problem for BB10.
    Seriously? I don't know anyone who worked on BB10 when Chen arrived who is still working on BB10 today. The guy simply won't spend the resources to compete in the platform race. He wants to make phones more cheaply and charge us more for them. Intro Priv.
    lift likes this.
    01-11-16 03:37 AM
    It's water under the bridge at this point really. I got emotional too when I first heard about BlackBerry went Android. It's bothered me for a while but then one day I aha moment: it's just a phone. The Passport is currently working for me so I keep using it. When it is no longer fit my daily tasks, I'll get whatever fits me the best.

Nokia was once a cool company. Palm was once churning out cool devices. Sun invented Java for god sake. Then they slowly disappeared. People were shocked. Some were sad. However, life goes on.

The sooner we all accept that BB10 will have the same fate as BB7, the better we feel. BlackBerry hands are tight.

It it really matter when the next iteration of BB10 comes out? Not really because if you are still using BB10 devices, things are not that bad for you. If it were, then you would've switched to something else long ago.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    DueNorthBB likes this.
    01-11-16 04:18 AM
    Only just got my Blackberry Classic. Another two years at least on the contract. But I always end up using a phone right until it dies anyway, so I'm hoping the Classic will do a good 5 years like my 9900 did. Not that fussed about updates and all that but its a shame there won't be a BB10 phone waiting for me in 2021. What is probably the biggest killer is that BB10 seems much better than any other phone OS out there.
    01-11-16 04:47 AM
    What? Where did you get that fake info? There gonna be at least one more BlackBerry 10 device as Chen said. Stop the panic and help your favorite company stay alive. If not, don't spread b@llsh@t all over the place.

Posted via CB10
    Where did Chen say there would be another BB10 device?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 05:20 AM
    Just picked up a new Z30 a week ago. There is no phone better suited for my needs.
    LuisCast likes this.
    01-11-16 06:05 AM
    No, what gets me the most is that when they released the android BlackBerry, they went all out on marketing when they should've done that with bb10
    +1

I'm so annoyed by all those PRIV billboards around the city, the seemingly-continuous PRIV ads on radio and TV, and the PRIV banners that keep popping up on nearly every single website I visit.
    01-11-16 07:41 AM
    Give Windows phone a try. I like it a lot better than Android and iOS. The Lumia 830 is a great replacement for Z10/Z30 users.
    I second that. It even comes with the same obscurity factor as well as app gap of BB10 (devices) factored in.

The latter will change once the concept of unified apps really takes off, though, so get one fast if you want your transition to be seamless. And if M$ decides to shut down their phone business before their unified apps concept really takes off - well, that will provide you even with the very same feeling of being stuck on a dying platform you've come know from BBRY!
    01-11-16 08:08 AM
    What is clear is that I will never buy a phone with a US operating system like Android, iOS or Windows Phone. Nice try John Chen but I'm never going to buy a US OS phone.
    This attitude - as commendable as it seems - might limit your choices slightly.
    01-11-16 08:12 AM
    You are 100% correct BlackBerry would rather dump equipment on an unexpecting buyer then be truthful.
    I'm not exactly sure of what you're accusing BlackBerry here. Are you seriously complaining that for instance the Passport didn't come with a sticker on the box saying "The manufacturer of this phone is in big financial troubles, and if you want us to stay in the device business you should go and buy ten phones. That is, in fact, the only way you can be sure to receive updates for this 800 � device beyond next week."?

I mean, do you seriously think that the people who spent weeks and months engineering those devices, writing drivers and low-level OS portions for them, creating the UI - the people whose jobs and possibly even careers depend on the success of those devices - didn't wish for every single device to be a hit? Don't you think BBRY staff were even more than us hoping for sales to finally go through the roof again with every single device launch?

One of the very first statements Chen made when he took over was that he would exit the handset business if he couldn't make any money there. He hasn't been able to make money on handsets for several years now. So an "exit" was kind of always on the table. As to when exactly they would leave the handset business and how - maybe only partially by shifting towards becoming a reseller of ODM devices like the Z3 - kind of evolved along the way. I guess no one at BBRY can foresee the future, so had the Z3, for instance, become the long-awaited top-seller, they would have adjusted their long-term strategy towards more BB10 devices.

But since we all know the Z3 was as much a failure as all the other BB10 devices, they shifted their long-term strategy away from BB10 - a step which was to be expected unless sales of the Passport as the last BB10 device so far went through the roof.

While I really like BBRY as a company and their products - when I still got phones through my employer I bought their flagship phones the day my contract allowed me to upgrade, and when I had to pay for them out of my own pocket, I bought them the day they became available here in Germany, and the PRIV I even ordered before that and had it imported from the US) -, I am the first to criticize them for all their wrongdoings.

I'm the first one to complain at half-assed solutions like Password Keeper which work fine for everyone who never uses a desktop browser. I yell at them for first creating Blend - and then breaking it and never fixing it. In a broader sense, I complain about hardware which is outdated the day it hits the shelves as well as delayed device launches in the first place.

But the one thing I don't feel mislead about at all by BBRY is the future of BB10.

These are just my two cents.
    GadgetTravel, JeepBB and hjc73734 like this.
    01-11-16 09:31 AM
    BlackBerry didn't respect who kept it alive until now.

There will be a day when I will switch to Android.

And it won't be a BlackBerry anymore. Period.

It all began with the Playbook, we all have to remember where all the money we put for it are gone after few months...
    Gonna sell the Volkswagen too? I can say the same for my Chevy Truck.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 09:33 AM
    Not at all, what I am saying is they continue to sell at a top price, but again with the announcement from Chen maybe its ok.

Then again we know how truthful BB has been in the past.

Still using my Passport and going nowhere fast!

Woof!
    01-11-16 09:49 AM
    It is unethical to make statements of uncertainty when management is mostly certain on what they're going to do. It's unethical to make ambiguous statements about device support that aren't borne out by actions.
    I see where you're coming from, but to be honest: At this point, I would say the only phone manufacturer that can make definite statements about device/OS support in the future is that other fruit company. They are the only ones who have the financial background to support even a dead system - if they wanted to. Of course, doing so would weaken their financial situation, but that's another story.

I wouldn't even say that the only other smartphone manufacturer that is actually making money with their smartphones - Samsung - could afford to make such statements. They are such a complex company with so many business units, divisions, branches, and whatnot - it's hard to tell if they will keep on making profits from selling smartphones in a year or two, especially with all those Chinese companies waiting to finally step up to become "premium brands" too.
    01-11-16 09:50 AM
    Heck Thor sold 5 million Z10s. Thor sold over 5 million phones in a quarter.
    Listing Z10 sales as one of Thor's achievements cannot even be called wishful thinking anymore.
    01-11-16 10:25 AM
    I have good stock of BB10 devices. Z10, Z30, Passport Black, Red and Silver Edition. I shall be using these devices as long as they can last.
    Meanwhile have bought the Priv few days back to experience the android. Sadly, android doesn't match the BB10 OS which is leaps and bound ahead of the Priv.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    01-11-16 10:40 AM
    If you love what made BlackBerry great, you should be offended by the Priv.
    I am.
    01-11-16 10:40 AM
    OHHH y ahora quien podr� ayudarnos!!

Let's make a challenge to Mr. Chen, goes on sale the Blackberry Priv with BB10 Os and will show to be sold, can be 1000 units to start !!

Come on!!!
    01-11-16 10:53 AM
    I am.
    Yer see, I'm not. Offended by the Priv, that is.

I dislike Android, so I won't be buying one, but the Priv is Chen's "A man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do" move... and I doubt it gives him any more satisfaction to be doing it than it gives you!

Being a Negative Nancy, I've believed for a long while that BB10 was a dead man walking, and I've even posted that a move to Android was probably BB's last, best, hope of actually making some money from phones. However, being a glass half-empty kind of guy, I don't see that Android is anything more than a short-term play to get the revenue to complete the transition to software. Once Chen has finished the move to software, I firmly believe hardware, and the Priv, will be toast.

We're told that the Priv has an unlockable bootloader, and so can't be supported by anyone other than BB. So, when it happens, BB leaving hardware will become a bit of an issue to those Priv buyers.

At that point, there'll be a whole new group of CB'ers able to shout about BB betrayal who can join the BBOS, Playbook, and now BB10 people here who no longer figure in BB's plans.
    01-11-16 12:07 PM

Being that we're told that the Priv has an unlockable bootloader, and so can't be supported by anyone other than BB. So, when it happens, BB leaving hardware will become a bit of an issue to those Priv buyers.

At that point, there'll be a whole new group of CB'ers able to shout about BB betrayal who can join the BBOS, Playbook, and now BB10 people here who no longer figure in BB's plans.
    If that came to pass, hopefully its last software update would also unlock the boot loader, if so desired.
    01-11-16 12:13 PM
    If that came to pass, hopefully its last software update would also unlock the boot loader, if so desired.
    Heheh... that same "hope" was expressed about the Playbook...
    lift likes this.
    01-11-16 12:14 PM
    I have a question, it would be so hard to customize Android so that it appears to be BB10? or at least as much as possible.
    Thanks
    01-11-16 12:16 PM
    Heheh... that same "hope" was expressed about the Playbook...
    Except that with the PlayBook, they had other reasons why they did not want to divulge much about the QNX kernel and such.

Let's just hope we won't have to worry about it either way.
    01-11-16 12:18 PM
    I have a question, it would be so hard to customize Android so that it appears to be BB10? or at least as much as possible.
    Thanks
    I'm far from an Android expert, but I'm sure it would be possible to put a BB10-like skin on top of Android. It would need BB to devote time and money to the development of that skin... and BB have no time, and very little money.
    01-11-16 12:19 PM
    Thanks
    That wouldn't appeal to Android customers - the primary target market. BB10's UI was ultimately rejected by most anyway.

Heavy skinning also costs a lot of development money and causes things to become bloated and slow down on the device.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-11-16 12:20 PM
    Thanks
    Ron Louks said that the Priv was developed to make existing Android users feel comfortable. It make sense if you think about it. Their target market is the sea of Android users who might want a hardware keyboard and privacy, not the few BB10 users who are probably going to buy a Priv eventually, anyway.
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    01-11-16 12:25 PM
    I yell at them for first creating Blend - and then breaking it and never fixing it.
    I have blend fired up all day 5 days a week, and it works awesome. In fact, it's one of the reasons I have stuck with BB10.
    01-11-16 12:40 PM
396 ... 7891011 ...