Possibly for any BlackBerry App development or updates as well.
    An update for BlackBerry� 10 Developers | BlackBerry Developer Blog

You'd think announcing that there will be no future changes to their development platforms would dissuade whatever developers are left.
    kbz1960 and Jakob Greve like this.
    01-10-16 01:58 PM
    I will keep my blackberry passport silver edition for a long time(AMAZING phone),BB10 will be hot again one day i am sure about it,carriers and media killed BB10!!!!!! Even with the priv big carriers are waiting and frustrating blackberry!!!
    01-10-16 03:35 PM
    Been with BB since 2008. Instead of switching I waited for BB10 and have used the Z10, Q10, Z30 and finally the classic. Finally gave up yesterday and switched to iOS yesterday.

Interestingly the VZW rep I worked with was telling me how great BB10 was as an OS and how solid BB phones were but the lack of apps killed it.
    lift likes this.
    01-10-16 05:06 PM
    Lets face it BB10 as a consumer product will be phased out. They will still keep BB10 for enterprise and Government and military. It's not true that John Chen doesn't have the courage to say BB10 is dead out load. It's more like he has to answer to his stock holders. Saying BB10 is dead out load will kill the stock over night. So he has to do it carefully to minimize the impact. That's how it is. It's just business.
    Shuqiao Sun likes this.
    01-10-16 05:29 PM
    No, most BB10 fans are fans of BB10, and only care about BB to the extent that BB will provide them with BB10 devices and/or OS updates. Once they can't get the BB10 stuff they want, they'll be gone, and not care about BB at all. The ones that care about BB the company are the rare exceptions.
    True.

I used to be fan of BlackBerry but now, after a lot of delusions I only am fan of BlackBerry 10.

And in my opinion it's the right thing to do because since BlackBerry doesn't care about me I don't get the reason to support one on another firm.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 05:44 PM
    I have never read so many posts by so many crybabies. If BB10 survives 2016 and then they come out with a new device in 2017, you'll still cry and complain that the device isn't perfect. Get over yourselves.

Posted via CB10
    CHIP72 likes this.
    01-10-16 08:12 PM
    I will keep my blackberry passport silver edition for a long time(AMAZING phone),BB10 will be hot again one day i am sure about it,carriers and media killed BB10!!!!!! Even with the priv big carriers are waiting and frustrating blackberry!!!
    Change "BB10" to "WebOS" and you can find a hundred posts just like this on WebOSCentral... And some of those posters are still waiting, convinced that WebOS will rise again as a smartphone OS any day.
    DrBoomBotz, JeepBB, kirson and 1 others like this.
    01-10-16 08:30 PM
    Change "BB10" to "WebOS" and you can find a hundred posts just like this on WebOSCentral... And some of those posters are still waiting, convinced that WebOS will rise again as a smartphone OS any day.
    Hey, the Indian motorcycle is on its 2nd or 3rd comeback. I am just waiting for the Tucker automobile to be built again so that it can take the automotive industry by Storm. I am also waiting for Lazarus to bring Seabiscuit and Secretariat back to life so that they can take on the Kentucky Derby next year.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 08:55 PM
    I used to be fan of BlackBerry but now, after a lot of delusions I only am fan of BlackBerry 10.
    Whut?
    01-10-16 09:12 PM
    I don't think that the decision was aimed to hurt anyone, it is strictly a matter of keeping the business afloat. I own the Passport, Q10, the classic, and the Priv. Honestly, the Priv is a very nice phone and does a good job at what it is designed for. It fills a nice gap between the Passport and Android. With the Priv, Android isn't that bad. The Passport is still that biggest baddest stud on the block but the Priv isn't a bad second place guy. I run a business on my Priv with over 3000 customers and the Priv doesn't miss a beat. So give it a try. We cannot stop the future so jump on the train before it leaves the station.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    01-10-16 09:21 PM
    I'll keep rocking my Passport SE until BB10 is no longer being updated and supported. No new devices is disappointing but I'm very happy with my Passport. Just hope they upgrade the Android runtime so that the Android apps I do have (not many) will continue to be able to be updated and run as well as they do on my Passport SE now. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE 10.3.2.2639 & retired Z10
    01-10-16 09:27 PM
    True.

And in my opinion it's the right thing to do because since BlackBerry doesn't care about me I don't get the reason to support one on another firm.
    In all seriousness, assuming you don't own Blackberry stock, what does Blackberry owe you besides manufacturing a product that works? Blackberry's primary goal is to make its business profitable. It isn't necessarily to manufacture BB10 devices. If manufacturing BB10 device doesn't enable Blackberry to be profitable due to low adoption rates, then it may not make sense for Blackberry to manufacture those devices.

Whining about a company not producing products you like and saying "they don't care about me" would be like me complaining about a TV network taking my favorite TV show off the air and then deciding to never watch another show on that network. If a show I like is cancelled, I realize the simple reality is not enough other people liked that show for the network to keep it on the air.
    Dirtymike14 and MikeX74 like this.
    01-10-16 10:12 PM
    Exactly! I could never figure out why they refused to advertise. It just didn't make sense.
    Best guess is the carriers didn't want more sales due to unacceptably high return rates.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ubizmo likes this.
    01-10-16 10:17 PM
    In all seriousness, assuming you don't own Blackberry stock, what does Blackberry owe you besides manufacturing a product that works? .
    So we can admit BlackBerry owed me a product that works instead of a Priv? I mean all I wanted was a slider with a keyboard that is usable.

BlackBerry should apologize to everyone who kept the faith. That's the last thing they can do before Chen takes the first place out of Canada and they turn the lights out in Waterloo.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    01-10-16 10:22 PM
    In all seriousness, assuming you don't own Blackberry stock, what does Blackberry owe you besides manufacturing a product that works? Blackberry's primary goal is to make its business profitable. It isn't necessarily to manufacture BB10 devices. If manufacturing BB10 device doesn't enable Blackberry to be profitable due to low adoption rates, then it may not make sense for Blackberry to manufacture those devices.

Whining about a company not producing products you like and saying "they don't care about me" would be like me complaining about a TV network taking my favorite TV show off the air and then deciding to never watch another show on that network. If a show I like is cancelled, I realize the simple reality is not enough other people liked that show for the network to keep it on the air.
    You got it. We need Jerry Springer to moderate a forum here. It would be great. Different topic every week. We could start with, maybe oh, I don't know, how about languages supported in BB10?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 10:25 PM

I agree with you.

When I said that 'they don't care about me', I was suggesting that they obviously are doing their business.

I only like the product called "BlackBerry 10" and if they don't produce it anymore I feel free to switch to "another TV network", as you said. There's a lot of other OEM's out there and I will not need to stick to BlackBerry for a basic stock Android OS due that I don't need a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 10:32 PM
    Blank post. :-/
    01-10-16 11:34 PM
    Just hope they upgrade the Android runtime
    BB has specifically announced no plans to update the Android runtime - which is as close as they're going to come to outright saying that it is never going to happen until they've sold off most of their remaining stocks of BB10 devices. And I'm virtually positive their license with Google for Google Services and the Play Store prevents them from doing so anyway.
    JeepBB, kirson and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    01-11-16 12:02 AM
    Couldnt be more wrong.

There are BlackBerry 10 users that have been with BlackBerry even when they were the popular choice.

Many BlackBerry 10 users also use the mainstream Apple computers or Windows computers alike.

And many BlackBerry 10 users have already tried a typical Android or an IOS device by now since smartphones have been out for a while. So their preference for BlackBerry 10 is from the actual user experience, and not some rebellion to be a hipster.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto that!

Posted via CB10
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    01-11-16 01:05 AM
    What? Where did you get that fake info? There gonna be at least one more BlackBerry 10 device as Chen said. Stop the panic and help your favorite company stay alive. If not, don't spread b@llsh@t all over the place.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    01-11-16 01:26 AM
    Searching a cheap passport while waiting for a new BlackBerry 10 device.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 01:33 AM
    What? Where did you get that fake info? There gonna be at least one more BlackBerry 10 device as Chen said. Stop the panic and help your favorite company stay alive. If not, don't spread b@llsh@t all over the place.

Posted via CB10
    Probably from CNET.
    01-11-16 01:50 AM
    keeping my PP SE till kingdom come!
    01-11-16 02:37 AM
    As I see it, it's not a matter of dis-respect to any of us who purchased BB10 - there were NOT enough people who purchased BB10 to keep the company afloat. It's that brutally simple.

BB didn't sit down and say, "let's do something terrible to all our loyal customers and strand them". I think the conversation likely went more like, "how are we going to get market share back, when we can't get developers to build new apps???"

SO, for me, I'll likely go BB Android and be happy about it.
    No. It's about costs not about sales or marketshare. It's expensive to provide a quality platform to your customers. By going Android, Chen was able to save huge amounts by essentially gutting BlackBerry's talent pool. TAT gone. Sebastian from QNX gone. Alec Saunders gone. Pretty much everyone on the launch stage for BB10, including Vivek, is gone. No need to pay for developer relations, no need to pay for social app development... Google will do all of this.

BlackBerry's platform marketshare doesn't increase with sales of the Priv -- Google's platform marketshare does.

Basically, John Chen figures he can sell us an Android with the name "BlackBerry" on it for the same or more than what he could sell us a custom platform device. Sure, it's a ripoff. The Priv isn't competitive, but he's betting on the brand loyalty built by his predecessors to save his revenue stream. He's hoping for 5 million device sales in a year. Heck Thor sold 5 million Z10s. Thor sold over 5 million phones in a quarter. Chen simply didn't want to spend to develop the platform or sell the devices. He has other priorities. His biggest sales push by far has been the Priv. But, he can suck it. I'm using a non-BlackBerry and finding it far more like a BlackBerry than the Priv. It's time for BlackBerry fans to jump ship. If you love what made BlackBerry great, you should be offended by the Priv.
    lift and gmsm like this.
    01-11-16 03:13 AM
    For this year, I will keep my Classic working, as well as my Z30 (I bought a second one as spare, just in case the battery of my first one dies), but I am on the lookout for a replacement. I despise iOS and Android the same. I believe that the solution for me will be the Windows Lumia 950, but I will wait until my stupid computer systems allow me to upgrade to Windows 10. I have been with Blackberry from 2007... suffered the "mistake" I made with the Playbook but I am not going to follow another one of the follies of this company anymore. A dog may bite me only once, but never a second time. Yes, you may say that I am simply disappointed (not far from just "angry"). I feel the lack of support for the BB10 and that so many of the apps that I want to use are not meant for the BB.
    lift likes this.
    01-11-16 03:25 AM
396 ... 678910 ...