I have never had the experience you describe. I find Blackberry's communications to be frank and candid. Sometimes I've been disappointed, such as when the PlayBook wasn't updated to BB10, but I've seen no unethical behavior by the company.

Posted via CB10
    There was a bb10 update for the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 03:35 PM
    There was a bb10 update for the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    Nm sorry read it wrong

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 03:35 PM

Does anyone seriously believe BB10 phones are coming back?
    I do, but not the "coming back" part. I have stated, and have the posting history to show it, that I do think at least one more BB10 handset will be built (in my opinion, most likely the Classic 2; maybe Passport 2). And to add, that this phone is likely to arrive in 2017.

iirc, you and I, and at least three others in this thread, have gone back and forth over this. I have been told that I am foolish, but yeah, I believe this. Mostly because it will not be a consumer's handset and as such will not require top specs or a large production run.
    01-08-16 04:45 PM
    I do, but not the "coming back" part. I have stated, and have the posting history to show it, that I do think at least one more BB10 handset will be built (in my opinion, most likely the Classic 2; maybe Passport 2). And to add, that this phone is likely to arrive in 2017.

iirc, you and I, and at least three others in this thread, have gone back and forth over this. I have been told that I am foolish, but yeah, I believe this. Mostly because it will not be a consumer's handset and as such will not require top specs or a large production run.
    What is one more device going to do?
    lift likes this.
    01-08-16 05:10 PM
    BlackBerry didn't respect who kept it alive until now.

No they never.
    Thats why most of those users never bothered with BB10
    lift likes this.
    01-08-16 06:52 PM
    Priv+bb10 would = A beautiful marriage ...just imagine it guys

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 07:28 PM
    I just got a lumia 950xl and this thing is awesome. Windows 10 mobile is refreshing and has a lot of solid features built in.
    TgeekB, dolco and Old_Mil like this.
    01-08-16 07:31 PM
    Is it a self-fulfilling prophesy if I disagree with you? Does that make me contrar�an, or do I have to agree with you to contradict what you're saying?
    If the shoe fits, wear it, and if not, move on. I didn't specifically say this applied to YOU, but it's definitely true of a certain percentage of BB fans, as a couple of people have openly admitted (and a few others haven't, but clearly are). As I said, some people have openly stated their intention to move to LuneOS or Sailfish (even after the recent announcement that they've lost their funding and are dramatically scaling back their efforts) or Tizen - anything but iOS and Android - once BB10 no longer works for them. Those are the folks I was talking about; they'd rather run a half-finished OS from a small company with little support, patching, side-loading, and all kinds of other work-arounds, rather than adopting a fully-supported OS with a broad ecosystem and lots of third-party support.

You can argue that you aren't among them, and I have no evidence otherwise, but you can't argue that no one who meets this description exists as BB10 fans, because these forums are full of examples.
    01-08-16 08:24 PM
    Why iPhone? iOS 9 has many features that never make it to the reviews (because you know, iPhone reviews are akin to Android handset reviews: build quality, speed, and camera being the focus), and features that I would imagine would appeal to BB10 users way more than anything Android.
    01-08-16 08:31 PM
    Spot on. A lot of BB10 fans are inherently contrarian people in the first place - which is why they owned non-mainstream products before BB10 and why they plan to move to WinPhone or Tizen or some other micro-niche rather than iOS or Android. These people simply avoid anything mainstream - often because they think they are smarter than everyone else and/or that "mainstream" users are always "dumb sheep".
    If we have contrarians, what do we call the people who are the opposite?

No New BB10 Devices What Are We Going To Do Guys-ohhh.png
    Last edited by the1; 01-08-16 at 09:23 PM.
    01-08-16 09:11 PM
    I've tried leaving Blackberry a couple times and as it stands I'll never give up my Z30. I might start keeping an eye out for a cheap second Z30 to use a a spare in case mine breaks.
    01-08-16 09:52 PM
    If we have contrarians, what do we call the people who are the opposite?
    Sheep. And BB has plenty of those as well.
    the1, JeepBB, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    01-08-16 09:55 PM
    Sheep. And BB has plenty of those as well.
    Just a few less than some others...
    01-08-16 10:48 PM
    RIM/Blackberry DID do a lot more marketing for BB10 when it was brand new back in 2013. It didn't matter; almost no one besides the Blackberry diehards and major smartphone enthusiasts were interested in purchasing a BB10 device.
    That's because OS10 wasn't even half baked upon release, cross platform use was severely limited (if you were on a Mac, you couldn't even sync the calendar), the transition from OS7 to OS10 wasn't seamless and it was buggy as hell.
    And there is still a lot depth missing from the OS when you compare it to OS7.
    I returned my Z10 within the first week of owning it, like hundreds of thousands of other people did..
    If the OS had been developed to the point of 10.2.1 when it was released, I believe that we wouldn't be seeing the demise of the platform.
    And perhaps releasing the Q10 with the Z10 might have helped as well with the transition factor.
    01-09-16 12:30 AM
    When I bought my BlackBerry Q10, I thought BlackBerry WAS the mainstream since that was the popular phone when I was a teenager.
    When I bought my Bold 9900, I hought the same thing as well.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 01-09-16 at 12:05 PM.
    01-09-16 01:11 AM
    Spot on. A lot of BB10 fans are inherently contrarian people in the first place - which is why they owned non-mainstream products before BB10 and why they plan to move to WinPhone or Tizen or some other micro-niche rather than iOS or Android. These people simply avoid anything mainstream - often because they think they are smarter than everyone else and/or that "mainstream" users are always "dumb sheep". They also are attracted to the drama that comes with niche products - the cycle of joy in discovering something new and unique, followed by the tension of wondering if it will last, and eventually the anger when it eventually fails - or worse, eventually becomes mainstream.

They're also the ones constantly talking about "loyal users" and "loyal supporters", as if loyalty, perceived or real, is more important than mainstream success or profits (to almost any company, it isn't). I've definitely seen this before in other areas besides the smartphone world.
    I used a Sony Ericisson P900 because at the time when it was released, it was the only real smart phone on the market. Not because it was different.. although it was very cool to use.
    It cost me $850.00 USD. Which was and still is a lot of bank for a phone.
    I owned it for 6 years and never had a problem with that phone. Not once.
    It was fast to use, as well as a pkb, and a touch screen, had apps that were useful and cool functions that I needed.
    I could draw a sketch of a plot plan on that phone, color code it and mms it to an architect and we could have a discussion about the project.
    The camera was also very good (for the times).
    And to my knowledge, when I bought it in 2004, it was the only phone that had internet. Although, it was so slow as to be relatively useless.
    I still miss that phone. It was super productive for me.
    Everyone else had those big wide BlackBerry's or BlackBerry/Nextels for email or Nokias.
    Those were the mainstream phones.
    By the time my P900 finally died everywhere I looked, everyone seemed to own a BlackBerry or an iPhone.
    BlackBerry was the mainstream phone, esp. for businesses.
    And BlackBerry was the best phone for business users when I switched to that platform. I didn't want to like the Bold, but I was very impressed with it. And I still am.
    01-09-16 01:19 AM
    If Blackberry decide to shutdown best ever mobile OS - Blackberry OS 10 - I PROMISE THAT I WILL NEVER BUY BLACKBERRY DEVICE EVER EVER AGAIN!

Why would I?

If I want to use Android I have lot of cheap but great specs devices from China - LeTV 1S, Meizu Metal, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Look at AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China. . Each of these three devices with superb hardware specs costs from $160-$200

Why would I pay for Blackberry Priv - 3 times more???

Lets compare these two devices

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=7587

Almost same specs but Xiami Redmi Note3 costs 3 times less!

At least!

If Blackberry decide to kill BB OS 10 and switch to Android, it will be killed and destroyed by cheap China competition.

Mark my words.
    Bossque likes this.
    01-09-16 01:50 AM
    Look results between Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Blackberry Priv at Antutu Benchmark

Xiaomi Redmi Note3 Antutu benchmark result is 48881
    Blackberry Priv Antutu benchmark result is 49117
    LeTV 1S Antutu benchmark result is 49825

I can buy LeTV 1S at aliexpress for $200 . With customs charges and shipping it wont cost me more than $300.

Blackberry Priv costs in my country more than $1000 - thats more than 3 times more...

Why would I pay $1000+ for Priv when I can get LeTV 1S or Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 for 3 times less!?!?
    lift likes this.
    01-09-16 02:15 AM

Wouldn't a new one need the runtime removed completely or still stagnant where it's at now?
    01-09-16 06:03 AM
    That's because OS10 wasn't even half baked upon release, cross platform use was severely limited (if you were on a Mac, you couldn't even sync the calendar), the transition from OS7 to OS10 wasn't seamless and it was buggy as hell.
    And there is still a lot depth missing from the OS when you compare it to OS7.
    I returned my Z10 within the first week of owning it, like hundreds of thousands of other people did..
    If the OS had been developed to the point of 10.2.1 when it was released, I believe that we wouldn't be seeing the demise of the platform.
    And perhaps releasing the Q10 with the Z10 might have helped as well with the transition factor.
    They say you only get one chance to make a good first impression.
    JeepBB and Velocitymj like this.
    01-09-16 06:06 AM
    Look results between Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Blackberry Priv at Antutu Benchmark

Xiaomi Redmi Note3 Antutu benchmark result is 48881
    Blackberry Priv Antutu benchmark result is 49117
    LeTV 1S Antutu benchmark result is 49825

I can buy LeTV 1S at aliexpress for $200 . With customs charges and shipping it wont cost me more than $300.

Blackberry Priv costs in my country more than $1000 - thats more than 3 times more...

Why would I pay $1000+ for Priv when I can get LeTV 1S or Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 for 3 times less!?!?
    Why would you pay that much more for a BB10 phone?
    Velocitymj likes this.
    01-09-16 06:10 AM
    Wouldn't a new one need the runtime removed completely or still stagnant where it's at now?
    Obviously I'm only guessing, but I suspect it would depend upon how "new" this (mythical IMO ) future BB10 phone was.

If BB released a Classic 2, or even a Passport 2 with limited changes (faster processor maybe?) but continued with the current Android RT, I suspect Google would turn a blind-eye to the OHA-busting "selling a GPS Android product alongside a forked Android product" aspect, which would probably be marketed by BB as "legacy support" and everyone would pretend to believe that.

Sales of the "new" BB10 phone are unlikely to materially affect Google where it would matter - market-share - so, they might not care.

Any really "new" BB10 phone though... and I think Google wouldn't be at all happy, and would IMO react.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-09-16 06:24 AM
    Actually we can purchase the passport, the classic and the Leap, a pity we can not get longer a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 07:06 AM

Almost same specs but Xiami Redmi Note3 costs 3 times less!

At least!

If Blackberry decide to kill BB OS 10 and switch to Android, it will be killed and destroyed by cheap China competition.

Mark my words.
    There is a lot more that goes into this than comparing specs on a grid.

Otherwise, Samsung, Sony, or Apple wouldn't be selling anything.
    01-09-16 07:37 AM
    Why is everyone in such a flap over bb10 devices. If the division folds and no more bb10 handsets are built, then when this passport dies, I'll buy another phone. It's not rocket science.

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel and asherN like this.
    01-09-16 07:48 AM
396 ... 34567 ...