Many BlackBerry 10 users also use the mainstream Apple computers or Windows computers alike.
    Well, seeing as how those are the only two platforms with BlackBerry software support...

And besides, one can use Linux/BSD for the day to day and pop into a Windows dual boot for running an autoloader or something. Much easier than attempting a popular/individual duality on a phone.
    01-07-16 06:34 PM
    Look at other options for phones. If BlackBerry decides to launch a limited number of BlackBerry 10 phones in 2017 what's that going to do? With the lack of support, investment, and advertising behind it nobody will buy or develop apps for BlackBerry 10 now....how will that change in the next 12-18 months?. So we'll have a 2014-2015 BlackBerry 10 OS and phone repackaged with Spring 2016 hardware, at 2018 pricing. There are no updates to the OS down the pipeline, and JC has no interest in supporting the OS.
    If I'm going to buy another phone I'd rather get something I know will be around for quite some time. I'll enjoy my Z10 LE til then.
    TgeekB, techvisor and LuisCast like this.
    01-07-16 06:53 PM
    I certainly have the death touch. I bought a Palm Pre, they went down. I drive a Pontiac and they were shut down. And now I'm using a Classic.

Maybe I should go iPhone...
    Please don't go near any Chrysler products!!! Fiat is ok though.

Posted via CB10
    z3user and neoberry99 like this.
    01-07-16 07:30 PM
    Couldnt be more wrong.

There are BlackBerry 10 users that have been with BlackBerry even when they were the popular choice.

Many BlackBerry 10 users also use the mainstream Apple computers or Windows computers alike.

And many BlackBerry 10 users have already tried a typical Android or an IOS device by now since smartphones have been out for a while. So their preference for BlackBerry 10 is from the actual user experience, and not some rebellion to be a hipster.

Posted via CB10
    +1000000 agree with this statement

Delivered by my Z30
    lift, skstrials and Gazza12 like this.
    01-07-16 08:08 PM
    At the end of the day, this is really the best answer.

I do not understand the drama over not having new BlackBerry 10 phones.

I will be keeping my existing Q10 and Z10 for another couple years. I have disassembled them a few times; and I know how to replace every single part of the phones if they ever break.

Unlike most of the phones nowadays, BlackBerry Q10 and Z10 come with removable batteries, so I can keep these phones for a long time, swapping out dead batteries.

I also do not understand the app issue that people talk about either. I have all the modern smartphone app support, such as Pebble watch integration, Google maps (BeMaps), fitness tracking, and Youtube, all working fine. And the excellent mail service is still as good as the day I got it too.

Posted via CB10
    The straw man, he's dead captain. No one said "all". But for most people BB10 doesn't provide the apps they need.
    JeepBB, TgeekB, techvisor and 2 others like this.
    01-07-16 08:56 PM
    Buy up what you can now and stockpile them! Only trouble is I'm a phoneaholic, and can't go too long without phoneahol. I'm certain that there will always be a BlackBerry or two in my rotation.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    01-07-16 09:18 PM
    I'm planning on using my Passport for at least another year to year and a half. I don't require many apps and I don't use many android apps in particular so as long as I don't damage my device, I should be good for awhile. When the time to change eventually comes, I am open to just about anything. I will cross that bridge when I come to it. What a complicated approach huh.
    Gazza12 likes this.
    01-07-16 09:18 PM
    Spot on. A lot of BB10 fans are inherently contrarian people in the first place - which is why they owned non-mainstream products before BB10 and why they plan to move to WinPhone or Tizen or some other micro-niche rather than iOS or Android. These people simply avoid anything mainstream - often because they think they are smarter than everyone else and/or that "mainstream" users are always "dumb sheep". They also are attracted to the drama that comes with niche products - the cycle of joy in discovering something new and unique, followed by the tension of wondering if it will last, and eventually the anger when it eventually fails - or worse, eventually becomes mainstream.

They're also the ones constantly talking about "loyal users" and "loyal supporters", as if loyalty, perceived or real, is more important than mainstream success or profits (to almost any company, it isn't). I've definitely seen this before in other areas besides the smartphone world.
    I think this pretty much describes me. Although I don't think I am smarter than everyone else, I do tend to root for the underdog. I also have a tendency to not want to conform and/or stand out from the crowd. It has never bothered me to have a device that others seem to make fun of or laugh at. In fact, I kind of get a perverse pleasure in having something different, even if it is considered uncool. Also, I believe there are people like myself who are always tinkering, side-loading, patching and looking for obscure refinements and overclocking their devices. This provided lots of entertainment for me with my WebOS device long after HP gave up the ghost and pulled the plug. Did I get depressed when that happened---no, I just moved on to another problem/entertainment which, of course, was BB. But I don't get angry--it's only a damn phone. Bring on the next device whatever it may be.
    Couver81, JeepBB and donnation like this.
    01-07-16 09:34 PM
    Spot on. A lot of BB10 fans are inherently contrarian people in the first place - which is why they owned non-mainstream products before BB10 and why they plan to move to WinPhone or Tizen or some other micro-niche rather than iOS or Android. These people simply avoid anything mainstream - often because they think they are smarter than everyone else and/or that "mainstream" users are always "dumb sheep". They also are attracted to the drama that comes with niche products - the cycle of joy in discovering something new and unique, followed by the tension of wondering if it will last, and eventually the anger when it eventually fails - or worse, eventually becomes mainstream.

They're also the ones constantly talking about "loyal users" and "loyal supporters", as if loyalty, perceived or real, is more important than mainstream success or profits (to almost any company, it isn't). I've definitely seen this before in other areas besides the smartphone world.
    But what if the mainstream is really bland...?
    :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Velocitymj and Allanon89 like this.
    01-07-16 09:54 PM
    Chen says he wants to try BlackBerry os10 again if the android version of blackberry becomes popular
    BlackBerry is dumping BB10 for Android in 2016

http://flip.it/A-shr
    Last edited by Skidoo583; 01-08-16 at 07:06 AM.
    01-07-16 10:06 PM
    I certainly have the death touch. I bought a Palm Pre, they went down. I drive a Pontiac and they were shut down. And now I'm using a Classic.

Maybe I should go iPhone...
    Note to self: Do NOT go to the bathroom!
    kirson and jas1978 like this.
    01-07-16 10:17 PM
    I'll be rockin' the Priv and my SE Passport! BOOM!

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-07-16 10:21 PM
    But what if the mainstream is really bland...?
    :-)
    By the time anything hits the mainstream, it it always at least a LITTLE bland, simply because it's so common. But mainstream also tends to mean "best value" and "most support" and "most useful for most tasks" and things like that. Of course, those are matters of opinion, and many people have different needs (and some can't be objective, regardless).

Being an outlier means there is always drama, though, and clearly some are always attracted to that.
    01-07-16 10:50 PM
    BlackBerry is dumping BB10 for Android in 2016
    Again? That's last year's news. The last BB10 phone was the Leap (released May 2015).
    techvisor likes this.
    01-07-16 10:52 PM
    When I bought my BlackBerry Q10, I thought BlackBerry WAS the mainstream since that was the popular phone when I was a teenager.
    01-07-16 11:09 PM
    The Passport SE i have will last me until it dies. Hopefully the BB10 Passport II is released by then.

  
    Gazza12 and diggs007 like this.
    01-08-16 01:09 AM
    Windows phone will be my answer! They pair nicely with my surface pro... but I really hope b continues BlackBerry10.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    01-08-16 02:17 AM

Is it a self-fulfilling prophesy if I disagree with you? Does that make me contrar�an, or do I have to agree with you to contradict what you're saying?

I CAME from Android, to BlackBerry10 (Z30), and stayed (Passport) for several simple, unique factors: unmatched battery life, Remote Access through BlackBerry Link (an unparalleled service), wireless doc and photo sync to my desktop as soon as I connect to my WiFi via BlackBerry Link, and BlackBerry Blend. Once I got the Passport (my first PKB), well... I could never give up this keyboard. I type 62wpm! That's absurd for a phone!

Not because I'm contrar�an, but because BlackBerry offers something contrary to what the rest of the market is offering. BlackBerry10 is a platform; Android, iOS, and Windows Phones are wonderful app launchers.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 02:23 AM
    Windows phone will be my answer! They pair nicely with my surface pro... but I really hope b continues BlackBerry10.

Posted via CB10
    It is common news that BB10 phones are not profitable. Why would any company with any sense continue to make a product that looses money?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-16 02:49 AM
    From the man himself:

"Chen also hopes the Priv will help improve the company's viability, repair the brand and eventually make it possible to produce another phone running BlackBerry 10 -- although he said it's too early to talk about those plans.

Still, he's "confident in profitability this year." That's important, because BlackBerry has pegged 2016 as a make-or-break year for the phone business. If the company continues to lose money, he could look at dumping it.

As for you BlackBerry 10 fans, don't lose hope. Chen wouldn't outright say he's abandoning the software. This year, the company is focused on getting national security certification for BlackBerry 10 so the devices can be used in certain government and corporate projects. The company will continue to offer the BlackBerry Classic and older devices, but it isn't investing in new hardware.

The BlackBerry faithful will have to exercise extreme patience
    ."

Link: http://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry-...hones-for-now/
    silversmith75 and grover5 like this.
    01-08-16 03:09 AM
    I'm just gonna buy a priv as soon as the price drops a bit, was planning on doing that anyways

Posted via CB10

I keep reading posts like this, and I'm genuinely curious why any BB10 fan would move to the Priv rather than one of the many (cheaper, better?) Android handsets from other vendors.
    Unless the reason involves the PKB or a love of sliders, given that the Priv is near-stock Android, why wouldn't you buy another Android phone for less money and possibly already having Marshmallow?
    01-08-16 03:22 AM
    Well, my Z30 still runs like a top and I still consider BB10 to be the slickest OS on the market today. I had been hoping for a Z30 replacement from BlackBerry and a solid update to ART. Yet, the end of the line is now forecast.

I utilized BBOS through the 9900. I purchased multiple PlayBooks and BlackBerry cut it loose. I purchased the Z10 and Z30 and now BlackBerry is cutting that OS loose.

I guess I now feel, after years and years of consumer loyalty, that I've reached the end of the line with regards to being cut loose by BlackBerry. Now, it's time to cut them loose. I'll go with Android and I've just picked up an Android device in order to commence the shift.

Already, I can see that BB10 is a much more productive OS than Android will likely ever be and there's so much that I'm going to miss about my Z30. But as BlackBerry will cease to offer support for the OS before too long, then there's little left but to depart the platform.

I won't sell my Z30, it will end up amounting to memorabilia representing a favorite device that I once utilized sitting alongside my old Z10 and Bold 9900 and a number of other old BlackBerry devices from the past.

To date, the Z30 represents my most favorite communication device ever owned.

Sent via mobile device
    01-08-16 03:59 AM
    I keep reading posts like this, and I'm genuinely curious why any BB10 fan would move to the Priv rather than one of the many (cheaper, better?) Android handsets from other vendors.
    Unless the reason involves the PKB or a love of sliders, given that the Priv is near-stock Android, why wouldn't you buy another Android phone for less money and possibly already having Marshmallow?
    Well, in my case the PKB. But I was absolutely stunned that it didn't already have 6.0. This is a make or break device for BlackBerry and it is an older OS than my like year old Nexus 6??

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    01-08-16 05:56 AM
    Well, in my case the PKB. But I was absolutely stunned that it didn't already have 6.0. This is a make or break device for BlackBerry and it is an older OS than my like year old Nexus 6??

Posted via CB10
    I think BB just ran out of time to have the priv run marshmallow. They probably don't have enough developers to do work and they have a fall deadline to meet.
    01-08-16 06:23 AM
    No new devices? Really? What do you expect? When you here say only BB10 is dead. Now you are surprised that aren't no new BB10 devices? Really?

If you want save BB10 http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-10-a-1045652/
    STOP COMPLAIN!

Thanks to the God that we have a man like John Chen instead of Apotheker or the board of HP. He don't want kill BB10, but for make alive, for make a viable product, we need a COMMUNITY that is alive. And not people that complain, complain, complain and complain.

If i want buy a BB10 device and i read this forum, do you think i'm going to buy after reading your complain? NO.
    This community with all this complain are become the first problem for BB10.
    skstrials, JNorth22 and gmsm like this.
    01-08-16 06:26 AM
396 1234 ...