Planning on keeping mine as long as I can

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 03:10 PM
    I think that's what many BB10 fans plan to do... As long as the Cobalt's here with his solutions and as long as Android apps work with the older runtime... not sure what changing now to Android or iOS would really gain you. Unless you simple need more app compatibility, which if that's the case.... you should be here anyway.
    10_z_no gimmick likes this.
    01-07-16 03:23 PM
    BlackBerry didn't respect who kept it alive until now.

There will be a day when I will switch to Android.

And it won't be a BlackBerry anymore. Period.

It all began with the Playbook, we all have to remember where all the money we put for it are gone after few months...
    lift, TgeekB, BuryLancs and 15 others like this.
    01-07-16 03:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    As well as getting a Z30 and Passport to supplement my...

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    01-07-16 03:54 PM
    BlackBerry didn't respect who kept it alive until now.
    As I see it, it's not a matter of dis-respect to any of us who purchased BB10 - there were NOT enough people who purchased BB10 to keep the company afloat. It's that brutally simple.

BB didn't sit down and say, "let's do something terrible to all our loyal customers and strand them". I think the conversation likely went more like, "how are we going to get market share back, when we can't get developers to build new apps???"

SO, for me, I'll likely go BB Android and be happy about it.
    01-07-16 04:05 PM
    Ive already killed my self and took my SE PP and UNlocked ATT Classic to the grave with the location setting turned off so you all cant find me and steal my phones, lol
    01-07-16 04:07 PM
    Try other platforms and find one you like. Then sell your BB10 devices as soon as you can while they still have some value left to them. The more people that hear BB10 devices are done, the less your BB10 devices will be worth. No one wants to buy a device on a dead platform. BlackBerry claims they will keep supporting with updates but I don't know how much I believe that. BB10 app developers are going to stop developing any new apps and are also going to probably stop updating the apps they already made.
    It's over folks.
    01-07-16 04:12 PM
    Try other platforms and find one you like. Then sell your BB10 devices as soon as you can while they still have some value left to them. The more people that hear BB10 devices are done, the less your BB10 devices will be worth. No one wants to buy a device on a dead platform. BlackBerry claims they will keep supporting with updates but I don't know how much I believe that. BB10 app developers are going to stop developing any new apps and are also going to probably stop updating the apps they already made.
    It's over folks.
    I did this few months ago. The writing was on the wall.
    lift and techvisor like this.
    01-07-16 04:26 PM
    As I see it, it's not a matter of dis-respect to any of us who purchased BB10 - there were NOT enough people who purchased BB10 to keep the company afloat. It's that brutally simple.

BB didn't sit down and say, "let's do something terrible to all our loyal customers and strand them". I think the conversation likely went more like, "how are we going to get market share back, when we can't get developers to build new apps???"

SO, for me, I'll likely go BB Android and be happy about it.
    No, what gets me the most is that when they released the android BlackBerry, they went all out on marketing when they should've done that with bb10

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 04:36 PM
    I certainly have the death touch. I bought a Palm Pre, they went down. I drive a Pontiac and they were shut down. And now I'm using a Classic.

Maybe I should go iPhone...
    01-07-16 04:48 PM
    No, what gets me the most is that when they released the android BlackBerry, they went all out on marketing when they should've done that with bb10

Posted via CB10
    RIM/Blackberry DID do a lot more marketing for BB10 when it was brand new back in 2013. It didn't matter; almost no one besides the Blackberry diehards and major smartphone enthusiasts were interested in purchasing a BB10 device.
    01-07-16 04:53 PM
    I'm just gonna buy a priv as soon as the price drops a bit, was planning on doing that anyways

Posted via CB10
    cleaner24 likes this.
    01-07-16 04:53 PM
    I have a brand new in the box Q5 never been used I better put it on eBay. I'm gonna keep the red developer Z10 for a keepsake. Gonna use my Z30 until it gives up the ghost and then move onto Android. In a decade or two I'll be like a person who used to drive an Edsel or an AMC.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    mundo472 likes this.
    01-07-16 04:59 PM
    I certainly have the death touch. I bought a Palm Pre, they went down. I drive a Pontiac and they were shut down. And now I'm using a Classic.

Maybe I should go iPhone...
    A recent paper in the Journal of Marketing Research has identified a group of customers whose support for a product is a “harbinger of failure,” a signal that the product will eventually flop. “Increased sales of a new product by some customers can actually be a strong signal of future failure,” researchers write. So who are these people?
    Harbingers of failure: meet the customers you don?t want to love your product | Ars Technica
    01-07-16 05:08 PM
    I'm gonna keep using my z10/q5/z30 cuz they aren't showing any signs of slowing down.

Who knows, there may be a bb10 z50 released a year from now.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 05:12 PM
    I'll be using my Q10 and Z30 for the time being. I am actually thinking of getting a Classic to keep myself set for at least a year. After that we will see. Windows most likely and if not iOS.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 05:33 PM
    Spot on. A lot of BB10 fans are inherently contrarian people in the first place - which is why they owned non-mainstream products before BB10 and why they plan to move to WinPhone or Tizen or some other micro-niche rather than iOS or Android. These people simply avoid anything mainstream - often because they think they are smarter than everyone else and/or that "mainstream" users are always "dumb sheep". They also are attracted to the drama that comes with niche products - the cycle of joy in discovering something new and unique, followed by the tension of wondering if it will last, and eventually the anger when it eventually fails - or worse, eventually becomes mainstream.

They're also the ones constantly talking about "loyal users" and "loyal supporters", as if loyalty, perceived or real, is more important than mainstream success or profits (to almost any company, it isn't). I've definitely seen this before in other areas besides the smartphone world.
    01-07-16 05:46 PM
    Strengthen the things that remain.

Microsoft/Nokia still sell feature phones used by millions of people, that sell for under $50 each. They don't aim to topple the dominance of Apple or Anrdoid with these phones. They simply market to a particular niche.

Where there's a market, there's a way.
    lift, Bossque, rapperman and 1 others like this.
    01-07-16 05:57 PM
    I'm going to enjoy BB10 until it doesn't work anymore, then buy whatever device is the best extension of my Windows PC. Likely that will be either a Windows 10 phone or perhaps a Surface Pro running a VOIP client for those times I actually need a phone instead of just a mobile computing platform.

I really don't see any reason to suffer with Android or iOS. It's not ideological. I just find mobile apps slow and unpleasant to use in general.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast and Omahahaha like this.
    01-07-16 06:04 PM
    Was hoping for a high end touch or slider device like many others. BlackBerry decide to deploy this phone to Android instead of listening to their customers! They kept releasing phone after phone that the base and everyone else didn't want. They could have saved themselves some expense and release the Priv earlier for both BB10 and Android and skip models such as Z30, Q10, Leap etc. I'll keep tapping away on my awesome Passport until it dies! If there are no new BlackBerry options then i'll jump to windows phone. Microsoft are getting some good reviews for the security of their devices! There is nothing Private about Android and their unregulated apps. I can't understand why people think nothing of having to rely on some unknown developer in country X to write a file manager for a device and give it complete access to my information and the ability to access my networks! Or password managers that store your information in plain text or use 1234 to encrypt users data. As for ios i'd rather stick a fork in my eye! Too controlling and far too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832), JazzL5 and remmo like this.
    01-07-16 06:10 PM
    Spot on. A lot of BB10 fans are inherently contrarian people in the first place - which is why they owned non-mainstream products before BB10 and why they plan to move to WinPhone or Tizen or some other micro-niche rather than iOS or Android. These people simply avoid anything mainstream - often because they think they are smarter than everyone else and/or that "mainstream" users are always "dumb sheep". They also are attracted to the drama that comes with niche products - the cycle of joy in discovering something new and unique, followed by the tension of wondering if it will last, and eventually the anger when it eventually fails - or worse, eventually becomes mainstream.

They're also the ones constantly talking about "loyal users" and "loyal supporters", as if loyalty, perceived or real, is more important than mainstream success or profits (to almost any company, it isn't). I've definitely seen this before in other areas besides the smartphone world.
    This is absolutely fascinating. Two immediate thoughts come to mind - and I say this only partly with tongue in cheek: (1) how many times have we seen comments in these forums (particularly the Passport forums) to the effect that the product is great because it's different or we love the product because it's different? The very concept of different for the sake of being different always bothered me - now I understand why. And (2) CrackBerry is sitting on a small fortune! If they sell the email addresses of their members, they have a built-in huge base of harbingers of failure that they could sell to manufacturers and/or marketing firms that could be accessed to review, evaluate and finally determine the failure of lots and lots of products!
    Gallofa and Jerry A like this.
    01-07-16 06:10 PM

Couldnt be more wrong.

There are BlackBerry 10 users that have been with BlackBerry even when they were the popular choice.

Many BlackBerry 10 users also use the mainstream Apple computers or Windows computers alike.

And many BlackBerry 10 users have already tried a typical Android or an IOS device by now since smartphones have been out for a while. So their preference for BlackBerry 10 is from the actual user experience, and not some rebellion to be a hipster.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 06:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    At the end of the day, this is really the best answer.

I do not understand the drama over not having new BlackBerry 10 phones.

I will be keeping my existing Q10 and Z10 for another couple years. I have disassembled them a few times; and I know how to replace every single part of the phones if they ever break.

Unlike most of the phones nowadays, BlackBerry Q10 and Z10 come with removable batteries, so I can keep these phones for a long time, swapping out dead batteries.

I also do not understand the app issue that people talk about either. I have all the modern smartphone app support, such as Pebble watch integration, Google maps (BeMaps), fitness tracking, and Youtube, all working fine. And the excellent mail service is still as good as the day I got it too.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 06:21 PM
    Couldnt be more wrong.

There are BlackBerry 10 users that have been with BlackBerry even when they were the popular choice.

Many BlackBerry 10 users also use the mainstream Apple computers or Windows computers alike.

And many BlackBerry 10 users have already tried a typical Android or an IOS device by now since smartphones have been out for a while. So their preference for BlackBerry 10 is from the actual user experience, and not some rebellion to be a hipster.

Posted via CB10
    Don't take this the wrong way - this is not intended to suggest that folks are trying to be hipsters or rebellious (although there is certainly some of that in these forums as well). Rather, the fact that these products or technologies actually appeal to these users, and work better for them (i.e., they ARE the right products for this group), is in fact what signals failure - this group of consumers do not share the tastes of the broader masses. As a result, their favorite products tend to vanish. That's what the article is suggesting.
    kbz1960, JeepBB, techvisor and 1 others like this.
    01-07-16 06:26 PM
    Spot on. A lot of BB10 fans are inherently contrarian people in the first place - which is why they owned non-mainstream products before BB10 and why they plan to move to WinPhone or Tizen or some other micro-niche rather than iOS or Android.
    I can't understand the decision making that starts off with what you don't want and ending up with what's left rather than starting off with what you really do want. "I don't like Apple's closed ecosystem so that's out of the question. Then I don't like the way the Google collects information so that's not an option. So, let's see what's left."

It's like saying that you would never join the Republican or Democratic party. It doesn't bode well for successful career in politics. How about making sure you get the things you really want and then deciding if you are willing to put up with the rest?

Frankly, I can't think of anything more closed than only having one carrier to choose from, one developer to pick from when looking for an app, zero options for integrated mobile devices, and a single upgrade choice if you are lucky. I also think it requires some genuine hubris to think that among the hundreds of millions of customers that Google has that they would have any interest in my personal information.
    01-07-16 06:31 PM
396 123 ...