Netflix selection blows. I use my family members account only for my daughter. They mainly have movies that were never even in theaters. It stinks.
    03-07-13 08:03 PM
    The PB could never stream netflix.
    OK, I guess I got my wires crossed between Netflix and Hulu...
    03-07-13 08:06 PM
    You don't need to hate on companies just because they don't have apps for BlackBerry...(though I think we can hate on Yahoo for many other reasons). I still use Netflix and Skype. And I will even if there is an app for BB10. Skype will be there. We aren't so sure on Netflix just yet.
    03-07-13 08:10 PM
    The important thing is whether video content is easily available -- and it certainly is. You don't "need" Spotify if you have another decent streaming music option. You don't "have to have Firefox" if you've got a decent browser with the phone. You don't "require" Instagram if you've got Facebook, Flickr, or Picasa. And so on.
    03-07-13 08:13 PM
    Netflix selection blows. I use my family members account only for my daughter. They mainly have movies that were never even in theaters. It stinks.
    weird. i mean it is the largest subscription movie service. with millions of subscribers. i don't think a relative judgement like what you use it for nullifies the fact that other mobile platforms have it and MANY BB users would like to have it. not everyone is only interested in hollywood blockbusters. it's an indie movie fans wet dream.
    03-08-13 01:40 AM
    It's not just licensing, Netflix has to worry about encoding/decoding video for each device and ensuring that the quality that both their subscribers and the content owners expect is there.

Netflix Encodes Every Movie 120 Different Ways

Very interesting short film about what Netflix has to do in order to make a movie streamable for so many different devices.
    If they can stream to "so many different devices ", then it's obviously not enough different devices. If they can stream to the fragmented world of Android, then they should be able to easily stream to the unified, and easier to develop for, world of BlackBerry 10.
    'nuff said.

#BB10Believe
    03-08-13 02:01 AM
    If they can stream to "so many different devices ", then it's obviously not enough different devices. If they can stream to the fragmented world of Android, then they should be able to easily stream to the unified, and easier to develop for, world of BlackBerry 10.
    'nuff said.

#BB10Believe
    When it becomes financially worth their while they probably will. For a mostly USA based service why would they spend time and money and effort on a platform that isn't in the USA yet and hasn't proven itself yet? It didn't come to android immediately even after they had sold millions of devices.
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    03-08-13 02:27 AM
    But yes it is an idea. Heck we can make a petition. But one was made for Sprint with over 1500 signatures to get the Z10 and they still don't care. But it's better then not doing anything.

its not that sprint does not care, they signed a stupid agreement with Apple, they need to sell a certain amount of Iphones for apple and if they got the Z10 it would hurt their Iphone sales, I left sprint for that exact reason

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-08-13 11:01 AM
    How many Netflix subscribers do you think you're reaching on this forum?

Posted via CB10
    You ALWAYS have some smart comment to make so I will answer your question with ease, How many people do I expect to reach? A LOT SEEING there are over 13.102.764 Readers per month.on Crackberry.
    03-08-13 11:06 AM
    weird. i mean it is the largest subscription movie service. with millions of subscribers. i don't think a relative judgement like what you use it for nullifies the fact that other mobile platforms have it and MANY BB users would like to have it. not everyone is only interested in hollywood blockbusters. it's an indie movie fans wet dream.
    I never said that everyone wants Hollywood films nor did I say BB shouldn't get it. I actually want them to get it to help them. It is just my personal opinion about Netflix movies.
    03-08-13 11:13 AM
    When it becomes financially worth their while they probably will. For a mostly USA based service why would they spend time and money and effort on a platform that isn't in the USA yet and hasn't proven itself yet? It didn't come to android immediately even after they had sold millions of devices.
    Exactly.
    03-08-13 11:23 AM
    Stopped reading here.
    Let me rephrase... Companies like netflix Skype its CHEAP to make an app.... Look at FB its pretty much on every mobile device that's one of the reasons why it's so successful, when u limit your resources to your customers you are bound to fail
    03-10-13 10:52 PM
    Let me rephrase... Companies like netflix Skype its CHEAP to make an app.... Look at FB its pretty much on every mobile device that's one of the reasons why it's so successful, when u limit your resources to your customers you are bound to fail
    I don't usually agree with Mike (and he knows that lol), but I gott give him this one. It's not easy and it's not cheap.

I see what yo'ure trying to say though: The ROI would be there for NetFlix should they decide to go for it and build the app. There is a good number of PlayBook owners that would go back if they could stream on the PlayBook (yours truly here included). And we know a good number of Z10 owners are coming from other platforms.

So yeah, both of you have points.
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-10-13 at 11:08 PM. Reason: ROI lol, not ROY. 1am posting... Really should quit doing it...
    03-10-13 11:02 PM
38 12